BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #133
Kloten
Rep
Drives: BMW 530 Audi S5

Thank you AresM3. The reason for my question is that I hear they have problems with the supplier for the 20s, so was wondering if this is only for the xdrive 50i, but would be the same rims.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #134
jdfw75
Rep
Drives: 2008 E70 X5 Sport

20's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AresM3 View Post
I don't know if anyone has picked one up, but they have one at my dealer in NC.

Check out this post from apw2607. That one has the 20s
Yes, that is a 35i with the 20's...but not a 50i with the same wheels. Others are claiming that it is all V8s that are being held. Maybe that has something to do with it...and the wheels are not really the issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #135
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
So the allocations were gone due to a waiting list, order was not even in the order bank yet. Sales manager put it in for me today and says they're getting new allocations 1st week of November, probably 11/3 (first full week). He thinks, but obviously couldn't guarantee, that it would be a November build and arrive by the end of November.

In any event, the order is:

xDrive35i M sport
Mineral White / Terra leather / aluminum hexagon trim
High gloss roof rails
Premium package
Rear comfort seats
Rear window shades
Rear view camera

I find that hard to believe, because a few of us had orders in beginning of October and are still waiting for production. My production is to begin 2nd week of November, with delivery by end of November. Not to be Debbie downer, but im thinking you may be waiting till December. Hope you aren't though! Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #136
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx View Post
I find that hard to believe, because a few of us had orders in beginning of October and are still waiting for production. My production is to begin 2nd week of November, with delivery by end of November. Not to be Debbie downer, but im thinking you may be waiting till December. Hope you aren't though! Lol
He also told me the allocations he got in October were held, they couldn't modify them until just last week. He looked one of those up and it has a November build date. So those of you that ordered before a week or two ago and just got your build numbers last week or since, were probably in the same boat. Sounds like they were not releasing the allocations until the cars were launched, at least the October allocations. What remains to be seen is whether the allocations he gets first week of November will really be for November builds, as he's expecting.

I honestly was expecting December anyway. I was thinking December could bring holiday credits anyway (remains to be seen if they'll apply to the F15), but he seemed to think November programs will be just as aggressive as Decembers, as BMW is really pushing to pump out insane numbers to gain market share. He said they have never sold anywhere near the target BMW is asking for, so he thinks November and December may get pretty aggressive, but again, not necessarily for the F15 since it's so new and the programs are already better than normal this early. I would be content as long as we get it by Christmas, but would certainly prefer sooner. If he's right and the car comes by the end of November, all the better.

Last edited by chrisny; 10-25-2013 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #137
BMW Junkie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335d, '03 325i

Garage List
2014 BMW X5 x35i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
2011 335d  [0.00]
Being Built!

We ordered mid-October and it is already in production, with an estimated completion date of 1 November! We ordered Luxury Line w/ 20s, so not sure if there truly is a shortage.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #138
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 550i & '14 F15 35i

Quote:
He also told me the allocations he got in October were held, they couldn't modify them until just last week. He looked one of those up and it has a November build date. So those of you that ordered before a week or two ago and just got your build numbers last week or since, were probably in the same boat. Sounds like they were not releasing the allocations until the cars were launched, at least the October allocations. What remains to be seen is whether the allocations he gets first week of November will really be for November builds, as he's expecting.

I honestly was expecting December anyway. I was thinking December could bring holiday credits anyway (remains to be seen if they'll apply to the F15), but he seemed to think November programs will be just as aggressive as Decembers, as BMW is really pushing to pump out insane numbers to gain market share. He said they have never sold anywhere near the target BMW is asking for, so he thinks November and December may get pretty aggressive, but again, not necessarily for the F15 since it's so new and the programs are already better than normal this early. I would be content as long as we get it by Christmas, but would certainly prefer sooner. If he's right and the car comes by the end of November, all the better.
Hey Chris/Bug,

It's been exactly a week since I was told by the sales guy that my build order/request has been submitted. I checked w/ him today and he's saying that there is still no update as far as a build start date. A week ago, one dealership told me if I got my order last Sat (Oct 19th), I'd get a mid Nov delivery... At another dealership, where I actually pulled the trigger (afternoon of the same day, 19th), I was told by that salesperson to expect a December delivery. As there is still no update I'm starting to wonder if it's more like the end of December?

Anyone know how long it usually take to for BMW start building once the order has been submitted? Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #139
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
My order went into the BMW system Oct. 3rd and I'm being told that the car will be built week 49 which is second week of November. Build usually takes 7-10 days and then a month or so to get to California. That means my car would be here sometime around the end of December. Make sense?

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #140
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiguy View Post
My order went into the BMW system Oct. 3rd and I'm being told that the car will be built week 49 which is second week of November. Build usually takes 7-10 days and then a month or so to get to California. That means my car would be here sometime around the end of December. Make sense?
About a month to start the build? Or the car will be build by week 49? And is that week 49 of Jan-Dec calendar year? Week 49 would be the start of Dec.... Sorry but this is not making sense...

M
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #141
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsblackmon
Quote:

Hey Chris/Bug,

It's been exactly a week since I was told by the sales guy that my build order/request has been submitted. I checked w/ him today and he's saying that there is still no update as far as a build start date. A week ago, one dealership told me if I got my order last Sat (Oct 19th), I'd get a mid Nov delivery... At another dealership, where I actually pulled the trigger (afternoon of the same day, 19th), I was told by that salesperson to expect a December delivery. As there is still no update I'm starting to wonder if it's more like the end of December?

Anyone know how long it usually take to for BMW start building once the order has been submitted? Thanks...
All depends on when they have an allocation. Normally for anything built in SC, we can get them in NY in as few as 3 weeks or as many as 4 or 5, provided there are no delays due to parts availability or anything like that.. But that assumes your dealer has an allocation that is actually going into production within a week or two of your order. With a new model like this and high demand, there's just no telling how long until you get a production date. Before that, they may tell you this or that, but if they have a waiting list, it could take an extra couple weeks or months to get the allocation that they will actually use for your car. Without the allocation, the order doesn't actually go anywhere.

Once you have a production week assigned, only then will you know for sure when it's scheduled to be built, and can estimate from there when it will arrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #142
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
All depends on when they have an allocation. Normally for anything built in SC, we can get them in NY in as few as 3 weeks or as many as 4 or 5, provided there are no delays due to parts availability or anything like that.. But that assumes your dealer has an allocation that is actually going into production within a week or two of your order. With a new model like this and high demand, there's just no telling how long until you get a production date. Before that, they may tell you this or that, but if they have a waiting list, it could take an extra couple weeks or months to get the allocation that they will actually use for your car. Without the allocation, the order doesn't actually go anywhere.

Once you have a production week assigned, only then will you know for sure when it's scheduled to be built, and can estimate from there when it will arrive.

Thanks Chris. Are the sales guys privy to their dealership's allocation numbers for the month? I find that while he seems like a pretty nice guy. He's quite vague about it at the sametime. Good point about the waiting list, however, he's not mentioned anything like that... It sounds like he's pushing it back on BMW, in that, he is waiting for BMW to release the allocations for the dealership next month.

The way the sales guy is sounding I guess I won't hold my breath for anything before mid/end December... If it arrives before then, that's a bonus... Otherwise, it may be a Merry X-Mas... Was hoping for an M-Sport F15 to be "Thankful" for - Ha ha ha!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #143
gomjoon2
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive35i

I have a production number but no date. How long does it take after getting a production number?

My order:
xDrive35i
Luxury Line
Mineral White Metallic / Mocha Dakota Leather / Fineline Oak Wood Trim
Cold weather package
Driver Assistance Plus
Driver Assistance Package
ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
Lighting Package
Premium Package
4-zone automatic climate control
Rear manual side window shades
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #144
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsblackmon
Quote:

Thanks Chris. Are the sales guys privy to their dealership's allocation numbers for the month? I find that while he seems like a pretty nice guy. He's quite vague about it at the sametime. Good point about the waiting list, however, he's not mentioned anything like that... It sounds like he's pushing it back on BMW, in that, he is waiting for BMW to release the allocations for the dealership next month.

The way the sales guy is sounding I guess I won't hold my breath for anything before mid/end December... If it arrives before then, that's a bonus... Otherwise, it may be a Merry X-Mas... Was hoping for an M-Sport F15 to be "Thankful" for - Ha ha ha!
From my understanding, they don't know exactly how many they'll get each month. So he's probably not being shady there, just has to wait and see what they get. I know with other cars I've ordered, an Audi S5 to be specific, there were simply no allocations being given out for a few months at one point. So that's the part where I said dealers can tell you this or that but not know. Until they have the allocation, they don't know for sure when the car will hit production, since they can't even order it without the allocation. So when you asked about time from submitting the order to getting the car, the order isn't really "submitted" until the allocation is attached. That's why it can vary from dealer to dealer. Bigger dealerships tend to get more allocations where others could run out during high demand.

My CA and his sales manager expect the allocations coming out this week or next (next week being first full week of the month) to still have a November production date, with delivery by end of November. I'm not real confident it will be, but hopeful at least early December.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #145
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
From my understanding, they don't know exactly how many they'll get each month. So he's probably not being shady there, just has to wait and see what they get. I know with other cars I've ordered, an Audi S5 to be specific, there were simply no allocations being given out for a few months at one point. So that's the part where I said dealers can tell you this or that but not know. Until they have the allocation, they don't know for sure when the car will hit production, since they can't even order it without the allocation. So when you asked about time from submitting the order to getting the car, the order isn't really "submitted" until the allocation is attached. That's why it can vary from dealer to dealer. Bigger dealerships tend to get more allocations where others could run out during high demand.

My CA and his sales manager expect the allocations coming out this week or next (next week being first full week of the month) to still have a November production date, with delivery by end of November. I'm not real confident it will be, but hopeful at least early December.
Thanks for clearing that up, Chris. Good luck to you on your order. Hope it gets in soon!

M
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #146
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsblackmon View Post
Thanks for clearing that up, Chris. Good luck to you on your order. Hope it gets in soon!

M
You too. Hopefully this week will shed some light. I'm trying not to expect any news until next Monday though.. At the very least, new lease specials should be announced Friday, since the current one ends Thursday.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #147
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My order went in on October 4th. I actually ordered it in early September. As of today, I am still waiting on a production date. I am being told mid November, but I honestly don't know what to believe at this point. The dealerships are very shifty, and dont want to lose their order, so I think they may say anything at this point. Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #148
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx
My order went in on October 4th. I actually ordered it in early September. As of today, I am still waiting on a production date. I am being told mid November, but I honestly don't know what to believe at this point. The dealerships are very shifty, and dont want to lose their order, so I think they may say anything at this point. Lol
Do you have a production order number yet? Not production date, just the order number?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #149
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you have a production order number yet? Not production date, just the order number?
Yes, I have the order number!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #150
Stormin
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650ic

X5 X-Line ordered 10/25

My order was placed on 10/25 and the dealer reported back to me on Saturday that the build will start week of Nov 10 and delivery should be 1st week in December. He said that I should have my VIN around the build start. I will check in with him weekly until then.

X5 xDrive35i
X-Line
Dark Graphite Metallic
Premium
Cold Weather
Mocha Interior Design
Lighting
Multi-Contour Seats
Dynamic Handling
Comfort Rear Seats
Ceramic Controls
4 Zone Climate
Driver Assistance
Harmon Kardon Surround
Surround View
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #151
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx
Quote:
Yes, I have the order number!
I am hoping for your sake, all of ours really, the delay is just because of the hold that was supposedly just released a week ago to modify October allocations. Who knows.. If your order was accepted 10/4, seems to me you should have a production week assigned by now.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #152
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin
My order was placed on 10/25 and the dealer reported back to me on Saturday that the build will start week of Nov 10 and delivery should be 1st week in December. He said that I should have my VIN around the build start. I will check in with him weekly until then.
2 weeks seems like a long time to get it from SC to Boston but an 11/10 build week for a car just ordered is encouraging.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #153
BlackLemon
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13-750i, 15-Hurc., 14 X5 50i

Here is my order

50I M-Sport
Mineral White
Nappa Full Mocha
Premium pack
Executive Pack
Tech Pack
Ventilated seats
3rd row seating
Bang and Olfsen
20 inch wheels

I opted out of the dynamic handling as this is for my wifes daily driver, as well as Night vision. I have that in my 750i and never really use it.

Have a VIN, should arrive between Nov 20-24th
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #154
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
You too. Hopefully this week will shed some light. I'm trying not to expect any news until next Monday though.. At the very least, new lease specials should be announced Friday, since the current one ends Thursday.
I'm in the same boat as you... Hoping that by the 1st full week of Nov I'll get something in terms of an FYI. When my 550i was ordered and built it was easier to deal w/ the wait because I knew it was coming from Germany... Basically, I put it out of my mind... And working for a international VPC at the time, I understood the logistics behind overseas vehicle transport... However, when the car feels like its just a few hrs (10 to be exact) down the interstate. I just want to go down there watch the be build...

Any thoughts on what the new lease specials might entail?
Appreciate 0