Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 12:30 PM   #376
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
These will probably be a little supply constrained until the 2 year mark is hit and some start coming off lease it looks like. I'm surprised dealers are still able to hold the line so well and the lack of supply is the only explanation.

I dealt with the same thing on my 2013 M5. I got mine in first 4 months. 3k under MSRP. Today you can get one at or under invoice over 10k off! If I had a little patience I would have saved alot of $$$. I could have waited...I was enjoying my M3 but once I test drove the M5 I had to have it!

Now I also have an X5M (2012) and am waiting for the new model X5M's but will try to exercise patience as I'm sure discounts on those won't be coming for 1 to 2 years at least.

Trying to convince the wife to get out of her Mercedes and into an X5 (non M) too. The BMW drives so much nicer than the GL or ML
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #377
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
... I'm surprised dealers are still able to hold the line so well and the lack of supply is the only explanation.
I forgot but the xDrive is built in Virginia or Connecticut or thereabouts; the build time to delivery is 3-6 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 01:06 AM   #378
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Ordered vehicle today for wife. Her third new car within a year. What a lucky sob.

xDrive35i.
Purchased instead of lease. No problems with leasing but residual too low for my taste. Wife wants to hold onto vehicle for a while. For BMW leases, there are usually great deals to be found at the lease-end purchases. Best to swap-a-lease with someone with a few months remaining and then pay off the car. Low residual means the lessor has paid off a bit of equity in the car. Unfortunately this is new model so no such scenarios like that out there.

Anyway, my deal:

MSRP $64,925.00
Purchase price $62,275.00.

Discount of $2650

New order for late August / early September delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #379
Overtaxed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RR Diesel, F450

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
Ordered vehicle today for wife. Her third new car within a year. What a lucky sob.

xDrive35i.
Purchased instead of lease. No problems with leasing but residual too low for my taste. Wife wants to hold onto vehicle for a while. For BMW leases, there are usually great deals to be found at the lease-end purchases. Best to swap-a-lease with someone with a few months remaining and then pay off the car. Low residual means the lessor has paid off a bit of equity in the car. Unfortunately this is new model so no such scenarios like that out there.

Anyway, my deal:

MSRP $64,925.00

Discount of $2650

What residual were they offering? BMW residuals are some of the best I've ever seen (and I've done a lot of leasing), so I'm curious if they were playing with the numbers. For an order of reference, I think the residual on the X5 we just leased was somewhere in the 60% range. On my Jaguar, same time, less miles, the residual was 42% (I remember that number because it was so awful).
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #380
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:

xDrive35i.

Anyway, my deal:

MSRP $64,925.00

Discount of $2650

If you were on the East Coast I could of gotten you Invoice on the car ($60,380) + tax
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 09:35 AM   #381
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
What residual were they offering? BMW residuals are some of the best I've ever seen (and I've done a lot of leasing), so I'm curious if they were playing with the numbers. For an order of reference, I think the residual on the X5 we just leased was somewhere in the 60% range. On my Jaguar, same time, less miles, the residual was 42% (I remember that number because it was so awful).
15K miles - 55%
12K miles - 57%
10K miles - 58%
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #382
Artdnj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 X30i

15k was 56% last month, it dropped again for July?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #383
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:

xDrive35i.

Anyway, my deal:

MSRP $64,925.00

Discount of $2650

That's a very average discount, even in California standard. Are you in North Cali?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #384
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
That's a very average discount, even in California standard. Are you in North Cali?
I'm happy with it. I'm in SoCal. I contacted 6 dealerships in LA and OC, this deal was far and away the best for an X5 "X" Drive. Problem was too many exporters are exporting X5 xDrives out of the country. For this reason, chose "X" drive over more substantial savings of "S" drive since I could probably unload the vehicle to any exporter more easily down the road.

Another $2k off hunting for a deal out of the SoCal area not worth my time.

If you have a contact in SoCal who you feel you can do better regardless of the export situation in SoCal, please PM me and I'll run a deal by him/her next time

Thanks

aside from the X5 xDrive, another car with huge export issue is the full size Range Rover HSE.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #385
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm happy with it. I'm in SoCal. I contacted 6 dealerships in LA and OC, this deal was far and away the best for an X5 "X" Drive. Problem was too many exporters are exporting X5 xDrives out of the country. For this reason, chose "X" drive over more substantial savings of "S" drive since I could probably unload the vehicle to any exporter more easily down the road.

Another $2k off hunting for a deal out of the SoCal area not worth my time.

If you have a contact in SoCal who you feel you can do better regardless of the export situation in SoCal, please PM me and I'll run a deal by him/her next time

Thanks

aside from the X5 xDrive, another car with huge export issue is the full size Range Rover HSE.
It doesn't take much time to get an invoice+ 500~ 1500 price range now especially during the year end. South Cali pricing is already much better than what we have in North Cal.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #386
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It doesn't take much time to get an invoice+ 500~ 1500 price range now especially during the year end. South Cali pricing is already much better than what we have in North Cal.
Everyone I know says Norcal pricing is way easier Socal pricing, especially now during the end of the year. It doesn't take much time to get below invoice in Norcal.

Last edited by jasonn; 07-10-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 02:17 AM   #387
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Everyone I know says Norcal pricing is way easier Socal pricing, especially now during the end of the year. It doesn't take much time to get below invoice in Norcal.
North Cal wont even work with invoice plus 1k for x5, that's through the entire bay area dealers. Your everyone isn't buying 14 or 15 X5. That's why I am flying to LA to pick up the my 50I.

If I want 2k off I can drive to mountain view or Fremont to pick one up right now. South Cali definitely better.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 03:10 AM   #388
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
North Cal wont even work with invoice plus 1k for x5, that's through the entire bay area dealers. Your everyone isn't buying 14 or 15 X5. That's why I am flying to LA to pick up the my 50I.

If I want 2k off I can drive to mountain view or Fremont to pick one up right now. South Cali definitely better.
Post up your deal then. So at least other people can know what a good deal is. All this talk from you and nothing about your deal.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #389
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Post up your deal then. So at least other people can know what a good deal is. All this talk from you and nothing about your deal.
I will once I pick up my car. Export or not the dealers are trying to move on the remaining inventory of 2014, hence I told you in the beginning that you can easily go near invoice at this time of the year. Especially in south Cali which has much bigger inventories than North Cali.

Don't be bitter just because you hadn't done enough homework. Un4getable event in August for another easy $1000 incentive.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #390
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I will once I pick up my car. Export or not the dealers are trying to move on the remaining inventory of 2014, hence I told you in the beginning that you can easily go near invoice at this time of the year. Especially in south Cali which has much bigger inventories than North Cali. Don't be bitter just because you hadn't done enough homework. Un4getable event in August for another easy $1000 incentive.
I'm not bitter. You were trying to make me feel bad. Instead of constructive feedback you said my deal was average and that you could get some vague big discount without much effort. Yet no specifics. Nada. No how or even a dealership name.

My order was a new order, I didn't get one off the lot. Anyone can get significant savings from an in-stock car. South Bay BMW already advertised on TrueCar.com a $4200 savings on X5s that were in stock. I called right away and guess what. None in stock.

And very few dealers had any X5s in stock, let alone xDrives. Besides, my wife wanted a specific color.

I posted my deal to help out the community. You came in critiquing the deal but had no real contribution to the community.

Anyone can be a critique. Put up or shut up.

You know who else critiques without providing any meaningful contribution to a thread? A troll.

And now you tell me I am bitter? I don't care about the $2k or so. My issue is you being a critique without providing any facts or clarity. And now, I just don't like you having the last word over me. Hence this back and forth.

Last edited by jasonn; 07-11-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #391
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

An average discount is an average discount, no one is trying to make you feel bad and you post "after" you already put in the order.

If you don't care about 2k why care? then just buy MSRP lol. How would you even feel bad then? You are making zero sense. My suggestion was to spend more time inquiring different dealerships in south Cali, how was that vague?

Constructive feedback is telling you to spend more time doing your homework instead of the "I don't care about 2k attitude"
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #392
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
An average discount is an average discount, no one is trying to make you feel bad and you post "after" you already put in the order.

If you don't care about 2k why care? then just buy MSRP lol. How would you even feel bad then? You are making zero sense. My suggestion was to spend more time inquiring different dealerships in south Cali, how was that vague?

Constructive feedback is telling you to spend more time doing your homework instead of the "I don't care about 2k attitude"
I did enough homework. I contacted 6 dealership in SoCal. So no, constructive feedback would be telling me how much of a discount is good and how you went about doing it.

Paul Bailey, internet manager at Irvine BMW, told me he could not even sell me a X5 xDrive below MSRP. His manager would not let him. I've known Paul for 7 years. So if, according to you, it doesn't take much to get $500-$1000 over invoice, that would mean Paul is lying to me and I'd be pissed.

An extended family member, who is in the export business, told me $2k off a xDrive X5 is considered "good". He is supposedly doing this every day so again, I am trusting this family member to know his shit so if he is not on top of his game, I'd be pissed.

I'm not sure how much homework I have to do to get to your discount level. But it seems more trouble than it is worth (to me).

And yes I don't care about the other $2k, as long as I don't feel duped I'm happy. It's the principle not the money. And you are taking that away from me without providing specifics.

BTW "an average discount is an average discount" you say. According to the stats in the PDF attached, I got an "above average discount" for my area.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #393
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
I did enough homework. I contacted 6 dealership in SoCal. So no, constructive feedback would be telling me how much of a discount is good and how you went about doing it.

Paul Bailey, internet manager at Irvine BMW, told me he could not even sell me a X5 xDrive below MSRP. His manager would not let him. I've known Paul for 7 years. So if, according to you, it doesn't take much to get $500-$1000 over invoice, that would mean Paul is lying to me and I'd be pissed.

An extended family member, who is in the export business, told me $2k off a xDrive X5 is considered "good". He is supposedly doing this every day so again, I am trusting this family member to know his shit so if he is not on top of his game, I'd be pissed.

I'm not sure how much homework I have to do to get to your discount level. But it seems more trouble than it is worth (to me).

And yes I don't care about the other $2k, as long as I don't feel duped I'm happy. It's the principle not the money. And you are taking that away from me without providing specifics.

BTW "an average discount is an average discount" you say. According to the stats in the PDF attached, I got an "above average discount" for my area.
Here is the PDF attachment, it didn't go through previously for some reason.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf New 2014 BMW X5 Price Quote w_ MSRP and Invoice.pdf (880.6 KB, 245 views)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #394
Overtaxed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RR Diesel, F450

Quote:
Here is the PDF attachment, it didn't go through previously for some reason.
I don't want to get into a flame war here, but, especially with the Un4gettable event, you should be easily able to get an X5 at 1K over invoice out the door. The dealer sees that as 2K over invoice (the event gives them 1K, plus your 1K over invoice), which is a deal you should be able to negotiate without too much screaming.

Remember, when you're using those Un4gettable codes, negotiate without telling them about it, and then after you've hit the best price they will offer, hit them with the code for another 1K off. They WILL try to suck that discount up on you and put that in as profit, don't let them do that to you!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #395
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The reason I said it "isn't" hard means because you can actually get a very good quote just based on emailing than to go to dealership in person, which you are more likely to get pressured to buy.

Your Irvine person isn't lying to you, why should he? The OC demands could simply be higher than other area that people buy MSRP anyway, this is exactly what my dealership that's 5 minutes away said to me. Hence, the increased search radius.

Then again I have to fly down to pick up the car and drive 500 miles back to SF so yes this may be too much work for you and some people, but a good vacation in LA with my new BMw is quite alright by me.

The only thing I might be missing is the discount amount might varies from 35i vs 50i.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #396
Karthik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35i M Sport

Search BMW website to see if BMWNA is visiting your location soon. If yes defenetly schedule one as 30 mins can save you $1000.

Thats how I got it and I didnot tell the dealer that I have it.

Just before I signed the contract I asked him to change the final price.

Remember you need to take the delivery in 60 days from when you get the code.
Appreciate 0