BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
thaddh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

auxiliary heating and ventilation

Does anyone know if these can be coded or do you have to purchase these as an option. i don't remember seeing this option. Here is the wording from BMW, with this you can remotely heat or cool your car through the connect app.

Remote Services.
If you don’t feel like scraping ice off the windows in winter and would like to get into a warm car, you can set the temperature of your BMW ahead of time with the Remotes Services of the BMW Connected App. Via the menu option “Activate now” you can start the intelligent air condition. Depending on the outside and inside temperature your vehicle will turn on either the auxiliary heating* or the auxiliary ventilation**.

* This requires the optional equipment item auxiliary heating.
** Depending on the series and model, some vehicles require additional optional equipment for automatic air conditioning in order to operate the “Climate-auxiliary ventilation” function.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 12:47 AM   #2
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddh View Post
Does anyone know if these can be coded or do you have to purchase these as an option. i don't remember seeing this option. Here is the wording from BMW, with this you can remotely heat or cool your car through the connect app.

Remote Services.
If you don’t feel like scraping ice off the windows in winter and would like to get into a warm car, you can set the temperature of your BMW ahead of time with the Remotes Services of the BMW Connected App. Via the menu option “Activate now” you can start the intelligent air condition. Depending on the outside and inside temperature your vehicle will turn on either the auxiliary heating* or the auxiliary ventilation**.

* This requires the optional equipment item auxiliary heating.
** Depending on the series and model, some vehicles require additional optional equipment for automatic air conditioning in order to operate the “Climate-auxiliary ventilation” function.
thaddh Don't know about the US but in UK ZNS ConnectedDrive Services package with 6AN Information Plus & 6AP Remote Services and separately, 536 Auxiliary heating with remote control are all enabled with the Remote Service and a cost option.
The Auxiliary Heating is a separate factory fitted unit which heats the car up so cannot be 'coded'.
I don't believe this is an option in the US/CA.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 07:10 AM   #3
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

I have this on my vehicle and it has never been functional. It is "greyed-out" implying inactive or disabled but I cannot find a way to enable or activate it. I would love to have this functioning properly since we are on day 9 or so of a horrific heatwave in this region.
Appreciate 0