BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #1
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

2017 BMW X5 Configurator

Well, this is probably old news by now, but I see that the 2017 configurator, at least for BMW USA, is up and running. It includes the new color, the active steering option is gone, out with smartphone integration and in with Apple CarPlay compatibility, and there are new bundles for maintenance (and I think warranty too). I know the all black wheels are really popular these days but I still like the original silver/aluminum wheels rather than the all-black. I also see that the configurator now has the option to choose between the High Gloss vs. Satin Aluminum roof rails (although we had the option to choose when ordering, that choice did not appear in prior versions of the configurator for the X5 - but the choice was there in the X5M configurator).
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 11:31 PM   #2
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive35d M sport

Yes, thats correct. I'm building a 2017 X5 35D and couldn't see the Active Steering option. They have "Atlas Cedar Metallic" as the new color, but unfortunately does not come with M sport package. If you try to add M sport package, it will prompt you to remove this color.
Appreciate 0