BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-11-2017, 06:52 AM   #1
knepsterd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 BSM

Looking at RR Velar

Coming from X5 f15 thought I would see what all the fuss is about. Tried to love it but the Velar has a lot of challenges, and first year model will be buggy for sure. Haptic and sensory controls and screens abound. Too much going on, too much distraction. Need a good two hours to know all functions and screens and permutations. If driving, can’t not look away as a lot of the icons are 1/2 inch and spaced like cm apart. So can easily press screen and land somewhere not looking to. The screens (two) in fact, get smudged easily . In sunlight looks terrible and sunlight washes out the two 10 inch duo screens so hard to see. Going back to touch screen, very buggy. Also on test drive system crashed.
Some of interior is cheaply made to go along with upscale materials (cost cutting they don’t think you will see). Only hard-on was the sleekness and exterior, led lights, r design package with copper and the Tesla like door handles. Sigh....as I wait for my M2.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003741.00
      10-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by knepsterd View Post
Tried to love it but the Velar has a lot of challenges, and first year model will be buggy for sure.
I found this comment funny. as if the first year and 5th year models are going to be any different in reliability lol
Appreciate 0