10-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #23
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman26
Can we have it added from factory? Dealer can always get you one
Option 3dz. Says remove outside line designation. Standard on pricing guide.

I'm doing pcd. How would I get this added? From my dealer?
      10-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Also found these via google.. still some camo on the badges, but a good shot of the 19's, and the M sport in another color.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Looks like there will be lot of white F15 with M sport eventually in 2014.
My local dealers (6 close by) have got either white or black M sports for demo purpose. None of them got xLine or Luxury line.

With this demand for M sport (value for money), BMW May scrap Luxury and xLine trims in near future?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #26
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
Yup, that's it. Saw that on the sheet. On my F30, I know there were differences in the US where that exact delete was standard, in other countries a "Sport" would show on the Sport line for example.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #27
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny
Quote:
Yup, that's it. Saw that on the sheet. On my F30, I know there were differences in the US where that exact delete was standard, in other countries a "Sport" would show on the Sport line for example.
I guess it's no biggie that it's missing. But having an " m " would be nice.
      10-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #28
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
Looks like there will be lot of white F15 with M sport eventually in 2014.
My local dealers (6 close by) have got either white or black M sports for demo purpose. None of them got xLine or Luxury line.

With this demand for M sport (value for money), BMW May scrap Luxury and xLine trims in near future?
I don't think so. They do seem to be sending a lot of M Sports as demos (would love some pics of the black ones at your local dealers, by the way..), but other than enthusiasts like us on the forums, the vast majority of "regular" consumers will still prefer the lux or x-line. Just look at how many 2013 Premiums were available (maybe still are) down the stretch compared to Sport's, let alone M Sports. We're talking less than a dozen Sports within my dealer's locate radius compared to over 1000 premiums.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #29
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Chris
Was this alpine white or mineral?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #30
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC
Chris
Was this alpine white or mineral?
Mineral. Looked pretty good, though wasn't the best lightning to see it. Nice depth to it with the metallic paint though, even in the shade.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #31
zazax5
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw x5

X5 S35I Black

saw this at a dealership in atlanta

Last edited by zazax5; 10-15-2013 at 08:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #32
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

attached are a couple pics of a Black Sapphire Metalic X-Line w/ 20in wheels and a Carbon Black M sport with 19in (although still had its protective wrappings).

I am 50/50 on the msport bumper since the black plastic pieces look pretty bad in the air intakes - hoping these are easily swappable to something with a bit more "brute" also the msport with the 19s just doesn't look right - the stance of the xline with 20s dominated the msport - glad I ordered my msport with 20s!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #33
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

Also - my dealer showed me email from BMW stating that the F15 50is wont be released until November booooooooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #34
AresM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

Quote:
Also - my dealer showed me email from BMW stating that the F15 50is wont be released until November booooooooooooooo
I was really hoping for Oct, but I guess we will just have to wait. Anyone have any idea on why they are on hold? I just can't think of any reason. I hope we get in the front of the line for PCD dates when they do get released.

Also, does anyone know if they have opened the factory back up for tours?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #35
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AresM3 View Post
I was really hoping for Oct, but I guess we will just have to wait. Anyone have any idea on why they are on hold? I just can't think of any reason. I hope we get in the front of the line for PCD dates when they do get released.

Also, does anyone know if they have opened the factory back up for tours?
Yep - maybe i'll see you there on PCD DAY!

I believe the tours are on hold until next summer - but you will receive a rain cheque to revisit once they reopen.

I'm just hoping November is really 11/1-11/7
Not 11/25!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #36
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toy

Garage List
20's look good and make the car.
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #37
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
attached are a couple pics of a Black Sapphire Metalic X-Line w/ 20in wheels and a Carbon Black M sport with 19in (although still had its protective wrappings).

I am 50/50 on the msport bumper since the black plastic pieces look pretty bad in the air intakes - hoping these are easily swappable to something with a bit more "brute" also the msport with the 19s just doesn't look right - the stance of the xline with 20s dominated the msport - glad I ordered my msport with 20s!
Is that M Sport sitting higher or just looks that way?

I'm actually struggling to decide between those exact cars, except BSM instead of carbon black on the M Sport, and trying to decide if I really need 20's on either, as it's for my wife and part of me would prefer not to deal with the inevitable bending on NY potholes... Saw a dark graphite x-line today and those x-line 19's look way better in person than in pics, but still not sure I'd like them on a black car. It may come down to the transmission making my decision between xline and m sport. Couldn't really get a feel for the standard transmission on the xline when I drove it today, too much congestion where we drove it.
Attached Images

Last edited by chrisny; 10-15-2013 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #38
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post

I'm actually struggling to decide between those exact cars, except BSM instead of carbon black on the M Sport, and trying to decide if I really need 20's on either, as it's for my wife and part of me would prefer not to deal with the inevitable bending on NY potholes... Saw a dark graphite x-line today and those x-line 19's look way better in person than in pics, but still not sure I'd like them on a black car. It may come down to the transmission making my decision between xline and m sport. Couldn't really get a feel for the standard transmission on the xline when I drove it today, too much congestion where we drove it.
I thought both transmissions are same technically except the M Sport comes with extra mode aka Sport Plus. Isn't it?
What makes a transmission sports transmission at least for bimmer?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #39
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Btw, you are the first one ever shared pics of Dark Graphite of F15.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #40
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I thought both transmissions are same technically except the M Sport comes with extra mode aka Sport Plus. Isn't it?
What makes a transmission sports transmission at least for bimmer?
The M Sport comes with the Sport Auto transmission, which gives you the shift paddles and launch control. Assuming it is the same or similar to the Sport Auto in my 335, it is a different transmission, more sport oriented. It's on par with Audi's DSG. Very smooth, quick shifting and never leaves you with a feeling the car can't find the right gear. On the F30, BMW's description mentions "fast synchronized shifting," but that verbiage isn't listed with the X5's sport auto (not sure that means it's any different).

The sport auto definitely seemed similarly fast and smooth when I drove the M Sport yesterday. Today's drive without the sport auto just wasn't a good comparison so I'm going back to the other dealership to try and drive a Lux (wasn't ready to drive yesterday) and M sport back-to-back and, more importantly, on some nice twisty back roads.

Last edited by chrisny; 10-15-2013 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #41
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Btw, you are the first one ever shared pics of Dark Graphite of F15.
Pretty cool...

I really liked that color on the x-line. Probably the best color for those 19" wheels, maybe the only color I would like with those wheels. I normally prefer a lighter gray, but I liked it a lot on that car. But as my 3 year old reminds me every time I show him a picture of any other color, "Mommy really wants a black car."

One thing that was funny with this car though, they must have been rushing to get these demos to dealers, because this one had one door panel with aluminum hexagon trim, while the rest of the car had the fineline wood trim (which looked great).

Last edited by chrisny; 10-15-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #42
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny
Quote:

20s are much nicer and better setup for fun and handling
20s are also thick enough to withstand NY potholes
This is from my experience ...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #43
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Pretty cool...

I really liked that color on the x-line. Probably the best color for those 19" wheels, maybe the only color I would like with those wheels. I normally prefer a lighter gray, but I liked it a lot on that car. But as my 3 year old reminds me every time I show him a picture of any other color, "Mommy really wants a black car."

One thing that was funny with this car though, they must have been rushing to get these demos to dealers, because this one had one door panel with aluminum hexagon trim, while the rest of the car had the fineline wood trim (which looked great).
Yeah Black is the king. However, Dark Graphite is very close to Black and I already own 2 black color cars. So, I am looking for alternatives and found Brown as a choice. With BMW marketing material primarily focusing Sparkling Brown, I hope it looks good in person.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #44
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Just curious the difference between a 35 M Sport compared to a 50 Xline in terms of shifting and speed. Guessing, the former quicker shifts and the later faster acceleration.

Nice that the F15 50 gains 45 hp over E70
Appreciate 0