BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #67
okiekids
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

For those that are in agony waiting for their 50i, I would be curious to know if your production information (as viewed by the dealer online) shows an 11/10 shipping date like mine does. It previously had an 10/10 shipping date before they continued the hold on 50i's. Mine has been at the vpc since 9/24.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #68
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiekids View Post
For those that are in agony waiting for their 50i, I would be curious to know if your production information (as viewed by the dealer online) shows an 11/10 shipping date like mine does. It previously had an 10/10 shipping date before they continued the hold on 50i's. Mine has been at the vpc since 9/24.
I never got a ship date, just stated was on hold

at VPC since 9/27

Are you doing PCD?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #69
okiekids
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

No just delivery to dealer. Estimated delivery is 3 days later 11/13. This seems about right for SC to middle if the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #70
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Went back for another look today and added a better side 3/4 shot and an interior shot of the Terra leather with aluminum hexagon to the first page..

That mineral white is just awesome. Decided on the M Sport as soon as I saw it again.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #71
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny
Went back for another look today and added a better side 3/4 shot and an interior shot of the Terra leather with aluminum hexagon to the first page..

That mineral white is just awesome. Decided on the M Sport as soon as I saw it again.
So did you place an order????

Like to know the config

Mineral white was our 2nd choice but fiancé loved the carbon black mocha combo withe pure wood
      10-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #72
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

[QUOTE=chrisny;14827867]Went back for another look today and added a better side 3/4 shot and an interior shot of the Terra leather with aluminum hexagon to the first page..

That mineral white is just awesome. Decided on the M Sport as soon as I saw it again.[/

What's your opinion on Terra? It looks close to mocha to me in Pics.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #73
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

BMW Seattle have a 35i in M-Sport trim now in.

Pics courtesy of Mark Harrington @ BMW Seattle.

Starting to grow on me. Plan to check it out in person shortly !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #74
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 xdrive50i

What size wheels are those?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #75
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx View Post
What size wheels are those?
20" wheels in the post above yours.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #76
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny

So did you place an order????

Like to know the config

Mineral white was our 2nd choice but fiancé loved the carbon black mocha combo withe pure wood
Not yet. Still trying to decide between mineral white and black sapphire, and need to confirm one thing about the ACC stop and go + active driving assistant. That seems to indicate for $1900 you get the stop and go and the lane departure, blind spot, front crash detection, etc as part of active driving assistant, but the description in the configurator only talks about the stop and go.

Assuming it is both, config would look like this, possibly with mineral white instead of black:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #77
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=newbimmerx5]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post

That mineral white is just awesome. Decided on the M Sport as soon as I saw it again.[/

What's your opinion on Terra? It looks close to mocha to me in Pics.
I like the terra a lot. I haven't seen the mocha in person, but that seems to be a darker brown. I like how the terra is lighter, yet dark enough compared to beige or ivory to be easier to clean, and just nicer, I think. But still breaks up the black interior and headliner nicely. Wish I could have had the terra on my 335 m sport. It's a nice color overall, not at all orange-ish or tan like camel. Seems a lot like the mocha in terms of the tone, just lighter.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #78
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

attached a couple more shots in sunlight (sort of..). Now if only I could find some good black sapphire pics with the 19's to compare...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #79
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
attached a couple more shots in sunlight (sort of..). Now if only I could find some good black sapphire pics with the 19's to compare...
Black can look stellar when clean but never again for me. Too much work.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #80
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not yet. Still trying to decide between mineral white and black sapphire, and need to confirm one thing about the ACC stop and go + active driving assistant. That seems to indicate for $1900 you get the stop and go and the lane departure, blind spot, front crash detection, etc as part of active driving assistant, but the description in the configurator only talks about the stop and go.

Assuming it is both, config would look like this, possibly with mineral white instead of black:
yeah check with the CA - we got the 50i so the package is a bit different.
we got the driver assistance plus package which includes the active blind spot detection, active driver assistance, speed limit, and surround view. - $1900

No stop and go - and now I'm kinda wishing we included it - which is an additional $1200

so the package would be $3200 for both on 50i (Driver assistant plus and stop and go)

(honestly just for the fact I think the wheel looks weird with buttons missing)
and since I know my fiancé will be sitting rush hour traffic to and from work

but alas - we were already over budget and figured we'd rather make the vehicle more fun vs more automated

Last edited by ckortane; 10-17-2013 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #81
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
we got the driver assistance plus package which includes the active blind spot detection, active driver assistance, speed limit, and surround view. - $1900

No stop and go - and now I'm kinda wishing we included it - which is an additional $1200

so the package would be $3200 for both on 50i (Driver assistant plus and stop and go)

but alas - we were already over budget and figured we'd rather make the vehicle more fun vs more automated
Exactly my dilemma. Sounds like maybe the packaging for this is the same, 35 vs. 50. For 1900 we could get the driver assistance plus, which forces you to also get the driver assistance for another 1400. My wife actually doesn't like the head-up display on my F30 (I love it), and I also don't like the surround view, seems too busy and hard to see compared to regular back-up camera (which is awesome on that huge screen, btw). So I was looking at the ACC Stop and Go + Active Driving Assistant for 1900 instead of 3300 for the other 2 packages. I actually don't care about the ACC stop and go, just looks to be a cheaper way to get just the pieces I actually do want, the blind spot, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #82
rganguly
Private
Rep

Ambiance Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman26 View Post
I drove the msport as well today. Car is faster, lighter, and more agile. Felt more like a sports car than a truck. The steering wheel is a little loose, however the cars reaction/feedback isnt loose, just the effort on the wheel compared to previous hyraulic. It does tighten up,some in sport amd sportplus modes but not a ton. I stilll think active steering will help this a little as well bc the changing of the gesr ratio will require less turn of the wheel at lower speeds and tighten it up on hwy.

Looks wise, from the rear u can walk by and not realize its the new model. It is subttle enough, but not to much of a change. I side is great and the sport seats are very very comfortable. They are padded a little better than previous version. I think worth the money to go msport vs xline w co forts seats imo.
Technology inside is cool and the ambient lighting is standard not part of the led pkg. liftgate wont close w remote as delivered in usa. It can be reprogrsammed though.
I ordered a Luxury Line without the Lighting Package, so those Contour multicolored ambiance lights on dash etc are standard ? As some places it says its part of the Lighting package, very contradicting messages everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #83
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
yeah check with the CA - we got the 50i so the package is a bit different.

I thought of ACC Stop and Go quite a bit and did technical research in it. I didn't opt for it for the following reasons:

The car only maintains the sides when the lane marks are visible. Chance of error exists.

You must always have one hand on the steering.

Active driving assistant comes with collision prevention and hence ACC not so required.

Most importantly, its semi automated with several constraints. Which basically means you have to pay attention.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #84
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
I thought of ACC Stop and Go quite a bit and did technical research in it. I didn't opt for it for the following reasons:

The car only maintains the sides when the lane marks are visible. Chance of error exists.

Active driving assistant comes with collision prevention and hence ACC not so required.

Most importantly, its semi automated with several constraints. Which basically means you have to pay attention.

yep - read some more posts and lot of 5series owners who have it say they never used it due to the constraints - glad I didn't spend the extra $
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #85
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post

yep - read some more posts and lot of 5series owners who have it say they never used it due to the constraints - glad I didn't spend the extra $
So they turned it off?

I did wonder while test driving today whether it was more annoying than helpful. The lane departure kept going off as I just crossed over the outside white line, yet would let me get a good 2 or 3 feet over the middle yellow lines before vibrating.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #86
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

You can turn off whichever safety/driver assistance feature you want. There is a video about how to use the driver assistance button (where door unlock used to be next to the hazard button) and you can turn on/off whichever feature u want.
      10-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #87
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can turn off whichever safety/driver assistance feature you want. There is a video about how to use the driver assistance button (where door unlock used to be next to the hazard button) and you can turn on/off whichever feature u want.
Yeah, saw that. Just wondering if people that have it tend to turn it off.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #88
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
So, I just looked at some pics of an M Sport with the 20's and at least in these pics, I think I like the 19's better. Not the size, I still think 20's would be the best proportion, not over done, not under done.. But the style of these I don't think I like as much anyway. So given the choice of these 19's compared to these 20's, I choose the 19's based on both looks and practicality.
Is this a Carbon Black or Imperial Blue?
Appreciate 0