BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

BMW Coding Thread

Since many members keep asking on the forums and through PMs, I thought I would create this since we don't have a coding section. Feel free to add your coding information and cheat sheets here so we can at least have a coding thread/discussion in one place. If I forget anything or need to correct anything, just let me know .

I have updated the OP with detailed coding steps and better organization thanks to @Hang0ver - thanks, my friend, for taking the time and effort to help me out. The thread is now much easier to read .

F15 coders you can contact (if you can help others with coding, PM me with your location and I will add you to this list): @opasha (Maryland), @r33 (Southern California), @Hang0ver (Baltimore,MD), @ellisina4 (Chicago NW Suburbs), @BB-Driver (Stuttgart, Germany), @BMW06 (Boston, MA)

References:
  1. Coding general website for all coding info: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175
  2. Coders by location: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=693949
  3. Step By Step Coding Guide: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=631884
  4. E-Sys Step by Step installation guide: http://84.54.187.213/upload/private/...%20-%20v.8.pdf (thanks @shawnsheridan)
Coding prerequisites:
  1. ENET cable
    • You will first need an ENET OBD2 Cable: You can buy it from @r33: http://www.rgsportshop.com/index.php...product_id=516 or from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201069740077. This is the one I bought. The guy's name is Antonio. He usually sends a link to ESYS and psdzdata files download links upon purchase via email- I don't know where he gets his links, but I know the downloads are supposed to be free and shared with the community. You can also PM @r33 for the latest software of both or @shawnsheridan on bimmerpost or bimmerfest (both are great guys and have very knowledgeable information regarding coding). The E-Sys software zip file comes with installation procedure. You can either use this and install or you can follow steps specified in the step by step guide. If you download these softwares, you can skip the below 2,3 number bullets which are same.
    • Also, if your laptop does not have an ethernet port (most ultrabook/slim laptops/latest Macbooks tend not to have this port anymore), you will need a usb to ethernet adapter. I work with my Surface Pro 3 so I needed this adapter. This is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Gigab...rnet+pluggable. You can also use the USB 2.0 ones as well, which are cheaper: http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Ether...rnet+pluggable
  2. E-Sys software 3.23.4 or greater with EST token and password (detailed below in Token section)
  3. PSdZData 50.0 or greater (the Lite version, which is around 9+Gb is all you need) - PSdZData version used must be >= to the last version of ISTA/P used to program the car. If you use the latest PSdZData, then you don't have to worry about it. Otherwise, you will need to read I-Step Current from VCM, cross-reference it to the ISTA/P version, and determine if your PSdZData version is >= to it. To determine I-Step Current: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...postcount=1403 (thank you @shawnsheridan)
  4. A dedicated laptop with Windows XP or higher (Windows 7 or 8 preferred) with minimum 44 GB of free space (see below if you have Mac)
I-Level Reference Guide:

What if I have Mac?

Running ESYS on Mac through Windows Virtualization because ESYS is a Windows platform only (thanks @wdimagineer, @Hang0ver, @MattBianco):
  1. Paid Parallels software to do virtualization.
  2. Free Oracle Virtualbox to do virtualization.
  3. Free Apple Bootcamp dual desktop: In Mac setup Bootcamp (pre installed, free), then install Windows (need to purchase a copy/license?)
Remote support for coding:
  1. Team Viewer (Free). Just download the full version for windows or mac, then select home/personal use (this is the free version), and proceed to install. From there, anyone can help you pretty much including myself/@hang0ver in case you get confused on where to install the data files etc.
  2. Logmein also works across operating systems, for screen sharing and control. The basic service is free, and even has an smartphone/tablet app that lets you control the destination.
EST Token and password:

Token is the .est file.

UPDATE: TOKENS ARE NOW FREE!!!! (thank you @ydchoe for bringing it to my attention and @shawnsheridan for confirming) There is no reason to buy Token Solution anymore. This program created by TokenMaster will create a Token solution the first time it is run, and then you configure E-Sys to use that token, and then you simply run the launcher every time you want to use E-Sys. Here is the link on what it is and what it does: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=805745. All you have to do is PM me for this application. If you can't get a hold of me, PM or email TokenMaster (that's his username at bimmerfest) for the software; his email is f x x t o k e n m a s t e r @ gmail . com (no spaces between anyting). Here is the youtube video on how to setup ESYS and use this token solution program:

PM me for download links.

F15 CODING CHEAT SHEET (credits to @r33, @opasha, @skalberti, @shawnsheridan, @LesAshmore):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9s4/edit#gid=0

Initialization and Connection:
  1. Open up E-Sys and let it load.
  2. Connect ENET cable between car's OBD2 port located directly above the left foot rest in the driver's feet area and network port of laptop.
  3. Switch on the ignition of the car.
  4. You will notice laptop tries to connect to the car. Wait a few minutes until the network icon on laptop shows a Connection with the yellow exclamation point over it.
  5. Select Target Connection F025 via VIN in ESYS - this way it will read your car directly. Don't select F025_DIRECT direct. Select "Connection via VIN." Vehicle-specific parameter (optional) should have "Series, I-step (shipment)" checked with no values in the two drop boxes. After you have these selected, press Connect.
  6. Click OK when connection established.
Quick tips:
  1. Make sure under E-Sys => Options => Settings => Program tab => Memory Requirement => RAM is set to 1024 or you will likely be unable to read BDC. Do NOT use anything larger than 1024, or E-Sys will be unable to Open, and you will have to reinstall it.
  2. In order to avoid any VCM update errors (this does not affect your coding), go to the top of ESYS and click Options > Settings > Options tab. UNCHECK BOTH "Update VCM after TAL execution" and "Update MSM after TAL execution." This is what I had read a while back by @shawnsheridan for our F15 coding. I had unchecked these when I first installed ESYS but forgot to list this. EVERYONE MAKE SURE TO DO THIS so you avoid VCM update error codes like the one @Hang0ver got on post #146. Even if you get an error, it does not harm your coding; to avoid this error, just uncheck those two options I mentioned.
  3. When you connect - you connect via your VIN using the ENET cable and your computer. The Target connection is F25 since the F15 uses similar coding to the X3. Don't select the _DIRECT target version. That's only for use with MOTOR coding/modules, which you won't ever need or use unless something is really messed up and you get an advanced coder to help you reset your motor etc.
  4. RIGHT CLICK to activate each folder or read each folder or code each module - DO NOT by any means CODE Default Values or CODE a whole folder - when you right click to CODE, do it for the individual module you are editing only.

Coding Steps (Always do VO coding first and then FDL coding because VO coding overwrites FDL coded values. Scroll down for VO coding.):

1. Connect to your car if you haven't done so already (button with the two little dark blue computers at the top).

2. Select "Expert Mode" on the left pane and click on the "Coding" button.

3. In Vehicle Order Box (upper left), click on the "Read" button - this will display the FA of your car.

4. Right click on it and "Activate FA". You will see a green active text next to FA. Also FP will open on the right side.

5. Go to SVT Actual Box (right pane, midway down) and click on the "Read ECU" button.

6. The SVT box will display the whole SVT folder, which contains all the ECU folders (BDC_Body, HU_NBT, etc) of your car. Within these folders, you will see a list of bullet point items . The green bullet points (CAFD files) are what we will be reading, editing, and fdl coding.

7. To make sure you don't mess up with other files, you can filter for "CAFD" files in the right bottom most SVT Filter dropdown selection box (this is optional and for your comfort).

8. Right click on the required green CAFD and select "Read coding data". After the CAFD is read, the green bullet point will change into a folder icon.

9. Go back to your desktop screen out of ESYS and check the folder "C:\ESysData\CAF" - this will contain all the read CAFD files.

10. Copy and Save all these CAFD files in a safe place. These are your original CAFD files. Once you fdl code, these will change so it's good to have your factory coding backed up.

11. Now, go back to ESYS and expand the new CAFD folder that you just read. You will see a new grey bullet point. This is the CAFD module that you will be editing with the changes shown on the cheat file or the coding list.

12. Right click on the CAFD module and click "Edit FDL". Enter your pin if asked (this is the password/pin that was made or given to you when you purchased your token). This will open up the whole CAFD module into a bunch of folders numbered usually starting with 3000 under the Daten folder.

13. The coding you will want to change is located in these numbered folders. Here is how it will look expanded: Numbered folder (eg: 3001) > Funktionen Folder > Name of the Code Folder (eg: LEGAL_TIME_DISCLAIMER) > Ausgelesen Folder > default coding (eg: id_mit_timeout).

14. You can use the search box above to find the right function. ALWAYS search by selecting the TOP most folder because the search function only searches from the selected item down. If you search by selecting a folder in the middle, all the folders above it will be ignored and you may miss the finding the correct code this way.

15. To be efficient and safe, I advise you to edit one ECU folder at a time; so do ALL BDC_Body coding together or ALL HU_NBT coding together, etc. This way you won't be going back and forth wasting time in case you forgot something you had already coded.

16. After making all your coding changes, you must click the blue/purple SAVE disk icon at the very top to save all the coding you have just done. Then, go back by pressing the green arrow BACK icon at the very top left (same area as the SAVE icon).

17. After you've gone back, in the left lower SVT Box, the grey bullet point CAFD module that you just finished editing should be highlighted. If it isn't, select it. Now, for all of it to be written to your car, you will click on "Code FDL" in coding box on the lower right.

18. The coding process will start and should end with no errors. You will have a pop up come up and it should be all green letters. All pops up like this give you the option to save or close. You don't ever need to save these type of INFO pop ups, so just close them.

19. Disconnect E-Sys by clicking on the top Disconnect button (the dark blue computers with the Red X icon). You are done .

20. Test the car for the changed features. Sometimes your Ambient lights will go out when you do some coding...this is completely normal and is no reason to get alarmed. They usually return upon your next engine start usually 5-30 minutes later. Some features get instantly coded while others need the car to be turned completely off and restarted. If a code does not work yet, give it 15-30 minutes and restart your engine because some codes take longer than others (not sure why). If the code still isn't working, go back and double check whether or not it was coded correctly. The more you practice, the better you will get.

FA & VO Coding:

VO Coding is permanent coding. We use this for things like adding or removing elements from your FA (eg: 6WB (digital display instrument cluster), 5AP, and 8S4 (LED lighting for anti-dazzle). Here is a PDF on how to change your FA and VO code: http://www.4shared.com/office/pKbWJC..._MWPos__8.html. ALWAYS do VO CODING first before doing any FDL coding because it will change everything back to factory settings for whichever folder you have VO Coded. One correction in the PDF for F15 is in the last page. Instead of Read SVT, you need to Read ECU. If you read SVT, you will get an error.

Clear All DTCs/Error codes through ESYS:
  1. Connect with your OBD2 cable. AC power only on for your car by tapping START once.
  2. Open up ESYS.
  3. Select External Applications tab on the left.
  4. Select External Application followed by Transmitter.
  5. Make sure you connect first with the CONNECT button.
  6. Scroll all the way down this list and you will see "Clear All DTCs" at the very end (should be the longest line of them all). Double click it and it will start clearing your codes.
  7. Disconnect with the button, close ESYS and shut off your engine. Wait for 30-60 seconds, turn your engine on.
Always make sure you do this carefully. Don't ever CODE a whole folder because it might code default settings of the F25 target. This is only for VO coding. Only CODE FDL for each CAFD that you edit. If you have any questions down the road, feel free to PM me . I know it's quite a bit of reading, but don't let it intimidate you in the slightest. It's very straightforward. However, there's no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to this sorta stuff, so don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.

CODING that may NOT be in the F15 cheat sheet: if you guys have/find more, just PM me or add to this thread and I will edit the cheat sheet with these codes.

1. Anti-Glare High Beam: Refer to this link: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...solved&page=5; PDF download is post #107, but here is the direct link: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...1&d=1452268635 (a big thank you to @dmnc02, @PlayTookies, and the few others that helped in testing).

2. Variable Light Distribution: All you have to do is remove 8S4 from your FA, then VO Code BDC_Body. This is for both LED and Bi-Xenon.

Variable Light Distribution has several different modes of operation (for Low Beam):

1 - City Light: Shallow and Very Wide Beam Pattern active from 0 - 50kph (30MPH) (Both Headlamps are Panned outwards 12 horizontal from center and 0.7 lowered vertically)

2 - Standard Light: Same Basic Beam Pattern as with 8S4 Enabled and Headlamp Switch Set to Auto. Active from 50 - 110kph (30MPH - 68MPH)

3 - Guiding Fog Light - Shallow and Wider Beam Pattern Enabled with the Front Fog Lamps On and Headlamp Switch in Auto and Speed 0 - 110kph (Both headlamps are panned outwards 8 horizontal from center and lowered 0.7 vertically)

4 - Highway Light - Long Throw Pattern illuminating approx. 25% further than Standard Light. Active from 110 to 250kph (68MPH- 155MHP). (Driver's Side Headlamp is panned 3.5 outwards Horizontal from center and lowered 0.25 vertically, while the passenger side headlamp is raised 0.2 vertical) (thank you @shawnsheridan)

Clarification of VLD, HBA, and Anti-Glare/Anti-Dazzle (thank you @skalberti):

VLD is Variable Light Distribution - It only works on your low beams to move your headlights and position the beams on the road depending on steering angle and vehicle speed.

HBA is High Beam Assistant - USA spec high beams that turn off in the presence of headlights or taillights of other cars and automatically turns the high beams on if no other cars are present.

Anti-Glare, Anti-Dazzle - European spec high beams that enable your car to keep the high beams on without blinding other cars.

3. Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS): Add 6NS to your FA. VO Code HU_NBT. Then follow these steps after for your iPhone to pair properly (thank you @skalberti): Then you have to remove all bluetooth devices and re add them. And then configure them like Shawn said. Now for text messages to show up, go to the bluetooth menu on your phone, look for your last 5 of your vin. Hit info incon on the right. Check and make sure "show notifications" and "sync contacts" are checked on. Now whenever you're in your car and someone texts you an envelope icon will appear on your idrive. Now you can use Siri hands free and ask her to read your new texts. Then she'll give you the option to reply if you want. To get emails to show up, after your in your car and the phone is connected, double tap the home button and close the mail app that's running in the background. If it's not running in the background go ahead and click on the mail app after your phone has connected to your car. Now emails will show up and they can be read to you. Keep in mind, the idrive will only alert you of messages received while connect to your car. If you received a message before you get in your car, it won't display it after you connect to your car. Also, if you're having issues with Phone 2 not showing up, try this: "Options-scroll down-Configure bluetooth, and tick Telephone 2 and Office. You can then assign the 1 or 2 to each paired telephone."

For anyone who loses their OFFICE menu in your iDrive, go to HU_NBT / MACRO_PIM / make sure it is set to aktiv. @abhiku's for some reason got deactivated (not sure what happened or how), but it needs to be aktiv for the OFFICE menu to show.

If for some reason, your OFFICE is having issues, make sure all the ones in HU_NBT below are set to aktiv - this will give you the full functionality to make your OFFICE (6NS) to work correctly:

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM

3. Sport +, SAT, and Launch Control:

a) Add to 2TB to FA
b) VO Code BDC_Body, Kombi, and ICM
c) Transmitter app - Clear All DTCs (error codes) because ICM coding will always give false chassis stability error and these errors put your MODE into COMFORT only and does not allow you to switch between them until cleared.

4. (This is for anyone with older production date prior to 6/15 I believe - LHM/TMS folders)
To DISABLE BI-XENON ORANGE SIDEMARKER LEDS, do the following:

Europe has theirs disabled by default because of different DOT regulations - it is the 5th sequence werte value 64 in US that gets changed to 00 in ECE (europe). The coding below will automatically take care of this without having to change any of the WERTE values.

TMS (both folders):

1) Standlicht Modus 1/change F015_524_US to F015_524_ECE (Standlicht Modus 1 I read might not be necessary, but I did it just in case because I was too lazy to test)
2) Standlicht Modus 2/change F015_524_US to F015_524_ECE
3) Welcome Light 1/change F015_524_US to F015_524_ECE

To ENABLE 100% HALO RINGS FOR BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS, WELCOME LAMPS (when you unlock your vehicle), and PARKING LAMPS (this should already be 100% technically if you left TFL_MODUS as drl in BDC_BODY), do the following:

For all 3 values mentioned above, change the WERTE value of the 4th to last parameter/hex (2E) to (64). This will make them 100%, and they are very bright!

Last edited by opasha; 05-14-2016 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 46
      09-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

great opasha like always helping us in this coding stuff, i wish i have my truck allready thank again

Last edited by OuKEnFoLdMX; 09-10-2014 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Good post Omar! You might want to add:

1. Do not code with engine running
2. Connect a good 15-20 amp battery charger while coding
3. Make sure the car stays on and the gauges are lit up. These new ones start partially shutting down after a period and you'll get coding errors. So just hit the start/stop button again to make the gauges completely light up.
      09-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Great write up @opasha.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 5
      09-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuKEnFoLdMX View Post
great opasha like always helping us in this coding stuff, i wish i have my truck allready thank again
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Good post Omar! You might want to add:

1. Do not code with engine running
2. Connect a good 15-20 amp battery charger while coding
3. Make sure the car stays on and the gauges are lit up. These new ones start partially shutting down after a period and you'll get coding errors. So just hit the start/stop button again to make the gauges completely light up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
Great write up @opasha.
Thanks guys.

@OuKEnFoLdMX, do you mind editing your reply and leave out my original large quote. It creates clutter. I'd really appreciate it, buddy .

@skalberti, shawnsheridan told me engine running is completely fine as long as you're not doing any DME changes. Also, he said all of the coding that is in r33's cheat sheet does not require much power so it's ok to code those with AC on only. Based on this, I have never had any issues coding with engine on or AC on.
      09-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #6
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

09-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #7
Dataready
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

Omar, thank you very much, great write up. A few questions though, 1-would VO coding the BDC_BODY be considered a whole folder coding? 2- if I backed up my original FA ( with 5AP and 8S4 decoding active), can I re-inject it back in the vehicle and re-code BDC_BODY back to factory state hence disabling again the HBA and Variable Lighting? Thanks.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataready
Omar, thank you very much, great writ up. One question though, would VO coding the BDC_BODY be considered a whole folder coding?
You got it right. . By doing that, it is coding the whole folder to the default value.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #9
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataready View Post
Omar, thank you very much, great writ up. One question though, would VO coding the BDC_BODY be considered a whole folder coding?
You're very welcome. Yes, I didn't write up anything regarding VO Coding because I am just learning about it from other coders. For VO Coding, you are allowed to CODE (NOT CODE DEFAULT) a whole folder (right click and select CODE). VO Coding is permanent coding, so make sure you haven't messed something up in your coding. That's why I think many just code fdl for each specific CAFD module since these are temporary (they get lost/reset when updating vehicle software from BMW).

So, for things that require VO Coding, first read the pdf I provided, then CODE that folder. Only in these circumstances is coding a whole folder fine. Just be careful not to CODE DEFAULT (this will mess up your vehicle supposedly).
      09-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #10
Dataready
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33
Quote:
You got it right. . By doing that, it is coding the whole folder to the default value.
Is that a risk of resetting an F15 to the default F25 default value?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #11
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yes. That's why if you right click you'll see CODE and CODE DEFAULT/DEFAULT CODE (forget how it is shown). I read many forums and advanced coders said not to ever code default value because like you just stated, it will code everything to the default settings of the target connection (F25). @r33, I'm a little confused by what your default value means? Am I misunderstanding something?

For your other questions, I believe that if you re-inject your saved FA, you should be fine and it should return back to before you had changed the variable lighting. Perhaps, @skalberti or @wdimagineer can comment since they know more about this. I haven't tried this sort of reset yet, but you can obviously just change what you coded back to the default value within the CAFD module directly.
      09-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #12
Dataready
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
Yes. That's why if you right click you'll see CODE and CODE DEFAULT/DEFAULT CODE (forget how it is shown). I read many forums and advanced coders said not to ever code default value because like you just stated, it will code everything to the default settings of the target connection (F25). @r33, I'm a little confused by what your default value means? Am I misunderstanding something?

For your other questions, I believe that if you re-inject your saved FA, you should be fine and it should return back to before you had changed the variable lighting. Perhaps, @skalberti or @wdimagineer can comment since they know more about this. I haven't tried this sort of reset yet, but you can obviously just change what you coded back to the default value within the CAFD module directly.
Did not do CAFD coding on the module itself, I just backed up the FA then edited it at the SALAPA level by removing the 2 codes (5AP & 8S4) then VO coded the BDC_BODY that is all. The reason for my question is because you said VO coding is permanent, I do understand that as (will not be erased if the car is programmed at the dealer), but wanted to make sure it can be reversed.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #13
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Did not do CAFD coding on the module itself, I just backed up the FA then edited it at the SALAPA level by removing the 2 codes (5AP & 8S4) then VO coded the BDC_BODY that is all. The reason for my question is because you said VO coding is permanent, I do understand that as (will not be erased if the car is programmed at the dealer), but wanted to make sure it can be reversed.
Yes, from what I have read and understood, it can be reversed. Sorry, for the redundancy .
      09-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #14
Dataready
Private
United_States
Rep

I think this thread is going to be loooooooong and good for a sticky.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #15
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33
Quote:
I have to restate it.
By doing a CODE to the Module folder, it will set all the modules features into its original value. So, if you have changed some of the feature in the BDC_BODY module, you will need to re-code it.
But, if you do CODE DEFAULT, then it is different story. That's almost like re-installing OS.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #16
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
I have to restate it.
By doing a CODE to the Module folder, it will set all the modules features into its original value. So, if you have changed some of the feature in the BDC_BODY module, you will need to re-code it.
But, if you do CODE DEFAULT, then it is different story. That's almost like re-installing OS.
Ah, gotcha. Thank you very much for clarifying. So, anyone doing VO Coding to BDC_Body should do this first before doing any sort of FDL Coding for the CAFD module.
      09-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #17
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Ideally, yes.
But, sometime you have an addition where you need to VO code it again.
Such as; Adaptive Suspension, MPPK, or such.
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #18
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

@ Opasha, I keep two copies of my VO, the original and the one I've changed. At anytime I can go back and inject whichever I want. It's permanent in the fact that if I ever go to the dealership for a software update, the VO coding will stay, but the FDL coding will be lost in any ECU that was updated by the dealership.

@dataready yes VO coding is reversible.
      09-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #19
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Also I'll go ahead and add this since it's not on the cheat sheet. The only thing you'll be missing is the cradle in the console, but you'll have $500 more in your pocket.

For EBT enhanced Bluetooth simply add 6NS to your VO and then VO code HU_NBT, you do not need to remove anything from the VO first.

Also here's some others I found that can be added:

Rain Light Sensor reduce sensitivity

BDC_BODY > 3130 Pf RainLightSensor, 0C > RLS_DEF_FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ

default is standard > new code is ( unempfindlich )

Dimming Side View Mirrors

BDC_BODY > 3120 Pf InternalMirror 22 > CODDT_00_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN Current wert 20 change to wert 39

BDC_BODY > 3120 Pf InternalMirror 22 > CODDT_01_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN Current wert 20 change to wert 39

TLC coding for road edge detection

KAFAS > 3020 TLC Coding 0B >ROAD_EDGE_WARNING_ENABLED >

Default is DISABLED new code is DETECTION_FOR_GRASS_EDGE_AND_CURB_STONE
      09-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #20
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

@skalberti, great info, my friend and thank you for clarifying VO coding.

Do we lean lane assist for the TLC coding for edge detection? If we don't have that feature, what will this feature do for us? My steering wheel does not vibrate obviously. So, will some sound come up like the PDC and warn me I am drifting onto the edge?
      09-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #21
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
@skalberti, great info, my friend and thank you for clarifying VO coding.

Do we lean lane assist for the TLC coding for edge detection? If we don't have that feature, what will this feature do for us? My steering wheel does not vibrate obviously. So, will some sound come up like the PDC and warn me I am drifting onto the edge?

No sir, this code is only for the drivers plus assistance pkg. What it does is allow the KAFAS camera to see the grass or curb as the road edge instead of just the painted stripe.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #22
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
No sir, this code is only for the drivers plus assistance pkg. What it does is allow the KAFAS camera to see the grass or curb as the road edge instead of just the painted stripe.
Oh, very nice. That's some next-level tech .