09-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Question Aftermarket speakers for 2014 F15

Hello friends,

I'm buying the 2014 X5 and comes with base sound system...I did the upgrade from base to alpine in my X1 and the difference is noticeable... is there any options for X5 available now? I read that bavarian sound is working on it...but any other option?

Best

Enrique
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

There are no plug'n'play options available for F15 because for this model BMW decided to make a completely different platform for the speakers, so everyone has to design from scratch. BAVSound are indeed working on a PnP version of their speakers (probably others like Focal do as well), but I don't know how close they are...

I've had a very productive conversation with guys I trust with BMW sound upgrades in a different country - if I were to pull the plug it would cost me circa EUR 4.3k just for the equipment+labour, but this system would blow even B&O out of the water...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
There are no plug'n'play options available for F15 because for this model BMW decided to make a completely different platform for the speakers, so everyone has to design from scratch. BAVSound are indeed working on a PnP version of their speakers (probably others like Focal do as well), but I don't know how close they are...

I've had a very productive conversation with guys I trust with BMW sound upgrades in a different country - if I were to pull the plug it would cost me circa EUR 4.3k just for the equipment+labour, but this system would blow even B&O out of the water...
wow...4.3k ...I have no doubts about the audio quality, but I'm just thinking in a less than 1k upgrade
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

It's an $875 upgrade and it also gives you additional speakers not just better speakers, as well as better subs. I think $875 is a decent price for what you get (at least it was in E70 and I hear HK's are better than last gen premium sound)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn View Post
It's an $875 upgrade and it also gives you additional speakers not just better speakers, as well as better subs. I think $875 is a decent price for what you get (at least it was in E70 and I hear HK's are better than last gen premium sound)
But is there a chance to get those $875 speakers/subs aftermarket? because my f15 is in stock...not custom order.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50I Msport

i have the harmon kardon, but i installed a 12 inch subwoofer in the trunk..

if you have a base stock system, they usually cant reach the lows necessary, and it inhibits the speakers from exuding the highs you look for as well.

lowering the base from the stock speakers and supplying an aftermarket subwoofer and amp, you allow the speakers to distribute the highs at a clearer level, and the base does not get impaired
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #7
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Jouster View Post

if you have a base stock system, they usually cant reach the lows necessary, and it inhibits the speakers from exuding the highs you look for as well.

lowering the base from the stock speakers and supplying an aftermarket subwoofer and amp, you allow the speakers to distribute the highs at a clearer level, and the base does not get impaired
Good tips...any chance to buy the HK amp + subwoofer?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Jouster View Post

I tried this with E70 but after seeing the bundle that I have to splice through and learning that some of the other electronics are routed very closely in the cargo area, I decided not to do it. Is it easier on F15? I had the Alpine sub amp and everything but eventually sold them all, and the subwoofer cracked for sitting in my garage through winter .. weep..