BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-13-2023, 10:28 PM   #1
Geo41e
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F15 xDrive30D M Sport

2018 F15 30D new owner (AUS) some questions

Hi guys

First off, love the comradery here at F15 - seen alot of posts and info !

So, picking my X5 this weekend (30d M Sport 5 seater) - (coming from an E60 M Sport) and seems the spare tyre is missing/wasn't optioned, along with a few bobs i have a few questions on....hope you guys can help

- Spare tyre kit, anybody know where I can get one, which includes the jack and tools ? majority i've seen are based in the US.. I'm planning on getting some non run flats.
- Spare Key, only comes with one, and BMW just quoted be around $1,200 !, key fob, blade, cut and programmed
- Volume knob is broken, and looks like I will need a whole radio/climate control unit, as it i can't buy just the knob...anybody know any wreckers or solutions ?

Again, thank you in advanced... I'm pretty pumped for tomorrow morning lol

Geoff -

ps - I'm based in Sydney
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 06:11 AM   #2
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

You’re going to love the F15 coming from the E60!

Most of the members here are NA based so don't think you'll get much Oz specific advice, but try hit up some local BMW forums/communities and you'll come right.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 05:22 PM   #3
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

In aus here, we don't have online only parts sites that are fronts for BMW dealerships. There are some random places offering parts here and there but its not the full P/N list.

If your after the P/N for the item, you can get it via https://www.realoem.com/ and then check the dealer AUD price via https://parts.bmwsydney.com.au/. Some parts are cheaper to get in US (inc FX+shipping+tax), whilst others are +/- same via dealer.

For the key, there are places where you can order a blank fob pre-set for your car. All you need to do is pair it and get a blade cut.

For the volume knob, a quick google says its possible to replace just the knob.

Do a quick google, there are a few BMW indy there. Reach out to one of them and they should be able to help out with the entire list. Be that do the fob/volume or offer advice on how to approach it.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 08:38 PM   #4
Geo41e
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F15 xDrive30D M Sport

Thanks for the reply guys :

So yeh, picked her up on the weekend from Penrith, and took her for a short drive down south for a burger joint.

Car is very smooth and got lucky with the 18 model with digital display and all.

So looks like i'll get the key from BMW later on.
Regarding spare tyre...i'm still tossing up if i should get one - i will def go non run flat GY Eagle F1s. Either puncture repair kit and a compressor vs space saver and jack kit.

I think the steering is too light for comfort mode, so looking to see if anybody has coded the wheel.

spewing that there arn't many people here from Syd lol
Also, my partner found some pretty cool accessories for the x5, like a neat phone mount and boot undercargo tray organiser:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=AWKAeVCNq70w
Appreciate 0