BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-18-2023, 04:07 PM   #1
X5inSouthernMA
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xXrive35i

2018 X5 xDrive35i Maintenance Alert

Hi All! This is my first post here but hoping someone help! I’ve owned my 2018 X5 for almost 4 years and have brought it to the local BMW dealer 4 times for this issue…they can’t figure it out! They’re not my favorite service department but they’re the closest. I sporadically get this odd maintenance alert when starting and I can’t repeat it on demand. It’s a 2018…but get “maintenance is due since 2010”. I don’t know how it needs maintenance since 2010 if it’s a 2018…short of some program needing an update. It seems to happen more in really cold weather…I live in MA. It’s not affecting anything that I can tell but it annoys me and annoys me that the dealer can’t figure it out!!

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 06:13 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5inSouthernMA View Post
Hi All! This is my first post here but hoping someone help! I’ve owned my 2018 X5 for almost 4 years and have brought it to the local BMW dealer 4 times for this issue…they can’t figure it out! They’re not my favorite service department but they’re the closest. I sporadically get this odd maintenance alert when starting and I can’t repeat it on demand. It’s a 2018…but get “maintenance is due since 2010”. I don’t know how it needs maintenance since 2010 if it’s a 2018…short of some program needing an update. It seems to happen more in really cold weather…I live in MA. It’s not affecting anything that I can tell but it annoys me and annoys me that the dealer can’t figure it out!!

Thanks for your help.
Few people had this issue after 6WB retrofit, solution was to reset all service intervals:

Quote:
If you get Brake Fluid Since 12/2001 or some similar service error: I got this annoying 12/2001 date issue for the brakes. TO FIX: You leave your door open, hit AC POWER on (hit start once), and then hold the Kombi button (little button on the instrument left corner). It will take you straight to the CBS menu and display out of the services, whichever needs to be reset. I reset it by holding the option and then was able to keep tapping to view the other services and when they will be needed as shown also in the iDrive > Vehicle Info > Service. Now, all are green OKs .
UPD: Here is the video of the reset process:

I would expect that your dealership tried it already, but you can do it yourself. How old is your car battery? Might be a voltage drop so clock resets and triggers the service alert?

Last edited by RED_Y_; 01-18-2023 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: Added video
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 09:07 PM   #3
X5inSouthernMA
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xXrive35i

Thanks. I tried that but no success. The dealership flashed the system and reset everything…still didn’t work. The battery is original so about 4 years old.
Appreciate 0