07-18-2023, 02:10 PM   #1
TALLBLACKGUY
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 35D  [0.00]
35D Diesel codes, need help

Need some insight from some 35d experts.

I had the EGR recall performed a couple months ago and now I have some codes popping up. I had these codes before the recall as well.

The codes that have come up:

290900 Air System: Measured air mass to high

290B00 Measured air mass to low

2AB600 Exhaust pressure sensor upstream of turbine Pressure upstream of turbine to high

28DE00 Exhaust Pressure Sensor infront of turbine: exhaust gas pressure in front of turbine is dynamically implausible.

The only drive ability issues with the car are driving with very light throttle when cold in normal mode with bucking and sounds like a valve is switching back and forth between warm up and normal. but after about 15 seconds of driving it goes away. No issues when warm. If I let the car warm up before driving, no issues. This is has me stumped and I need some help
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 03:58 PM   #2
bmwPower99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw f25 X3 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALLBLACKGUY View Post
Need some insight from some 35d experts.

I had the EGR recall performed a couple months ago and now I have some codes popping up. I had these codes before the recall as well.

The codes that have come up:

290900 Air System: Measured air mass to high

290B00 Measured air mass to low

2AB600 Exhaust pressure sensor upstream of turbine Pressure upstream of turbine to high

28DE00 Exhaust Pressure Sensor infront of turbine: exhaust gas pressure in front of turbine is dynamically implausible.

The only drive ability issues with the car are driving with very light throttle when cold in normal mode with bucking and sounds like a valve is switching back and forth between warm up and normal. but after about 15 seconds of driving it goes away. No issues when warm. If I let the car warm up before driving, no issues. This is has me stumped and I need some help
I had same codes. You have Unmetered air entering the system via a leak somewhere. I bet a leaking intake which has melted due to the faulty egr cooler. As part of the recall they are supposed to do a pressure test on the intake. Mine failed the test and I got a new intake as part of the recall.
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2023, 07:06 PM   #3
TALLBLACKGUY
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 35D  [0.00]
I will definitely take it back and see what they say, I have to look at the paperwork to see if that test was performed. Thanks for the information! Will post the results once I get them!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 06:19 PM   #4
JW888
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALLBLACKGUY View Post
I will definitely take it back and see what they say, I have to look at the paperwork to see if that test was performed. Thanks for the information! Will post the results once I get them!
Hello Sirs, Hope your all keeping well.I had the EGR recall done recently and this same errors/fault codes are popping 3x already since I got the car. Any resolution and recent experiences to have this fault codes fixed? Thank u in advance!
Appreciate 0