BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #23
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaxp7 View Post
Update on my issues (sorry for hijacking thread) yesterday the drive train malfunction error popped up again along with the lowered power.

Brought to BMW yesterday, today they called and said high pressure fuel pump. Will have my local indy shop quote and do.

So I'll have done the whole spectrum here of possible issues I've read online related to the drive train malfunction.

Wow...had a couple of issues w/high pressure oil leak and evaporative emissions system CEL, and am about to do the smoke test, but this back and forth you experience is certainly worse.
Am sure you'll be relieved once this is done.
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2021, 08:45 PM   #24
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaxp7 View Post
Update on my issues (sorry for hijacking thread) yesterday the drive train malfunction error popped up again along with the lowered power.

Brought to BMW yesterday, today they called and said high pressure fuel pump. Will have my local indy shop quote and do.

So I'll have done the whole spectrum here of possible issues I've read online related to the drive train malfunction.
I believe I'm going through the motions that you had to. The malfunction isn't as bad but I just changed the coils/plugs and still have the error. Now it's at the dealer and it sounds like they're gonna change the injectors. Then I'll have a new motor, plugs, coils and fuel injectors. Hopefully they'll last a few miles before needing replaced again
Appreciate 0