BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-11-2020, 07:43 AM   #23
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

I have found that if I push with a bit of speed/force, last inch or so, it pops in place easier. If just lightly pushing, it won't snap in place most of the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 03:45 PM   #24
awesomej
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 iDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by triax37 View Post
Yes, this is what I've been trying. I've also tried sliding in the left side until it latches, and then the right side, which won't latch. I've even tried sliding in the right side first, which latches, and then the left side won't latch. It's very odd. I may need to dremel out a little more space in the plastic notch where the metal pin rests...

Per the instructions you showed (thank you!), it mentions a "red warning." I don't seem to have this. Would anyone else please confirm they have some type of red warning on their F15 X5?
Did you happen to figure this out? I have the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 04:24 AM   #25
chumbedi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5e40 (F15)

I only see warning marks on both sides, when the cover has not been installed. Once the cover is installed correctly you won't see the red markings
Attached Images

Last edited by chumbedi; 07-18-2022 at 04:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 06:37 PM   #26
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Hi All,
Has anyone removed the cargo cover before?
I'm having difficulty removing it...so there's a button on the right hand side that as we push, the right hand side slides out...but the left hand side does not and remains stuck in? I couldn't find any other release buttons on the left...
Is this a technical problem or I'm not doing it right? ...can't think of anything else being simpler than this...but I don't seem to be doing it right...
help needed...thank you
I am constantly removing mine. Push in the button on the right, angle the cover out and then slides out from the left. Mine has never stuck or needed yanking.
Appreciate 0