BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-14-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
Mikayel123
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 f15 50i

BMW. 5 f15 50i. Drivetrain malfunction problem

It's been a while since bmw can't fix my car. When accelerating the car starts to shake and drivetrain malfunction pops up on the dashboard. I changed all spark plugs and coils I fixed the transfercase. Changed 2 injectors. Everything was done at bmw. When I picked up the car after changing all that, the problem was not solved. Now they told me that there's another problem "Diagnostic - Check Engine Light:
$1.64
vehcile is setting charge pressure to
low faults. found waste gate pressure
convertors to not hold vacuum.
needs bank 1 and 2 wastegate epdw". I have no idea what is this. Please can anyone tell me what is this and any suggestions what I can do?
I told them are you sure that this is the problem, because last time they told me that the car is fixed but it wasn't. And they said that it's the only problem that we can see now.
I believe that the BMW can't fix their car, and they just keep charging money for nothing(since until now the problem isn't fixed).
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 01:06 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 05:38 PM   #3
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Ask BMW if they did a smoke test.
If not, have them do one. If you have any air leaks around intake by turbos etc, it will show. Also, if you have over 100k miles, I recommend testing all fuel injectors, make sure none of them has any issues with leaking gas, when they are supposed to be closed. Can cause catastrophic issues.
FYI, BMW is way overpriced for the injectors. It's actually quite ridiculous what they charge for them. A slap in the face kind of price!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #4
Mikayel123
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
If not, have them do one. If you have any air leaks around intake by turbos etc, it will show. Also, if you have over 100k miles, I recommend testing all fuel injectors, make sure none of them has any issues with leaking gas, when they are supposed to be closed. Can cause catastrophic issues.
FYI, BMW is way overpriced for the injectors. It's actually quite ridiculous what they charge for them. A slap in the face kind of price!
It's 74k they already changed 2 injectors. And they think that the problem is bank 1 and 2 wastegates. They will fix the car this week. I hope that'll fix the problem. They did smoke test during my first visit, I was told that the only problem they can see now is bank 1 and 2 wastegates
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 05:49 PM   #5
Mikayel123
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere.
I'll tell him to check that too. To see if that's the problem
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 05:50 PM   #6
Mikayel123
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
Thank you!
Appreciate 0