BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-23-2017, 07:48 AM   #1
xray3d3
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Alternative to Conti's?

I had my heart set on Conti DWS06 for my F15 (w/ 20" option) but it's proving impossible to find these anywhere near me (MTL,QC). Anything else to suggest in the same price range NON RF that is similar?

Also, when returning to BMW from lease, does the vehicle need to be equipped with run flats? I absolutely hate these so was thinking of swapping out the run flats for regulars and popping them back on before returning the vehicle in a two yrs.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
NOVA99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M-B GLS 580

Can you get them shipped to Montreal from Tire Rack? There are a lot of threads where RFT alternatives are discussed on this forum. First thing I do is remove the horrendous run-flats and put on ContiDWS. Have the dealer store your run-flats and install them again at lease turn-in. Yes - you must return vehicle to BMWFS with RFTs.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 08:26 PM   #3
DocOct
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 - F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray3d3 View Post
I had my heart set on Conti DWS06 for my F15 (w/ 20" option) but it's proving impossible to find these anywhere near me (MTL,QC). Anything else to suggest in the same price range NON RF that is similar?

Also, when returning to BMW from lease, does the vehicle need to be equipped with run flats? I absolutely hate these so was thinking of swapping out the run flats for regulars and popping them back on before returning the vehicle in a two yrs.
I just installed these tires this past week and they're great. You can get them sent to you in Canada from on line vendors like 1010tires or we used Quattro tires which is Quebec based I think. Great experience and they run much more quietly. I had a bit of tread left on my RFTs that we will keep for trade in.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Nitto Motivos are really good non-run flat all-seasons. Read about it here, you can get a set of OEM 20s for $750, should last 2 years and then some.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1374775

For lease return, I would go online and buy a used set of OEM 20 tires. In fact, I would just look for them now and buy it when they are available and just store it for 2 years until you're ready. Didn't know the dealer will "store them for you". Nevertheless, buy it the sooner the better. When you wait, you always end up paying more, and for returns, you won't even benefit from what you buy....it's for the next guy anyways.
      04-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
xray3d3
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocOct View Post
I just installed these tires this past week and they're great. You can get them sent to you in Canada from on line vendors like 1010tires or we used Quattro tires which is Quebec based I think. Great experience and they run much more quietly. I had a bit of tread left on my RFTs that we will keep for trade in.
Thanks, ordered through Quattro with Free Shipping. Will save the Pirelli RFT's for the return trip to dealer.
Appreciate 0