BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

part number for X5M F85 front spoiler

I have the European part serial for x5m front spoiler (it’s about 900€), thinking of fitting it to my F15, if anybody have or get some insight in fitment please share.
Thanks!

part nr 51118066731
      02-11-2015, 01:49 AM   #2
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Umm, no. Why make your car something it is not?
      02-11-2015, 06:04 AM   #3
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Umm, no. Why make your car something it is not?
hahaha unbelievable ignorant comment, I now you have put in a order for the x5m and of course you think only you in your almighty have the right to use parts and styling that's OEM for that car but that's not the case, for me it's simple, I think the x5m front spoiler looks better than the m-sport so I will change it. I'm sorry for you because you actually think this topic is so important to you that you are taking the time even writing your comment, enjoy your new car sir and try to don't be to aggravated when you se someone driving down the street whit X5M accessories to their x5 f15 robbing you of that felling that you are more special than then the next guy
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 07:09 AM   #4
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
hahaha unbelievable ignorant comment, I now you have put in a order for the x5m and of course you think only you in your almighty have the right to use parts and styling that's OEM for that car but that's not the case, for me it's simple, I think the x5m front spoiler looks better than the m-sport so I will change it. I'm sorry for you because you actually think this topic is so important to you that you are taking the time even writing your comment, enjoy your new car sir and try to don't be to aggravated when you se someone driving down the street whit X5M accessories to their x5 f15 robbing you of that felling that you are more special than then the next guy
Wow, no need for that. It was a simple question back to you. If you prefer that bumper that's fine, but no need for the "almighty" comment, Wdimagineer is so helpful in this forum and he's really not arrogant at all. It's guys like him, Opasha, R33, and others that make this forum a joy to read and talk to. Don't ruin it.

Thanks

Joe
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2015, 07:23 AM   #5
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
+1 on Joe's comment. I also have an M on order, and my disinclination to help you is purely based on your attitude, not based, as you think, on the fact that I want to feel more "special".

However, you'll likely find (to wdimagineer's point) that this won't look right on your car anyway.

The M has additional cooling radiators behind the larger openings which your car doesn't have. Note that the M-Sport has deep gills with black covers behind them to mask that fact.

The M places its surround camera in a different location on the front spoiler, if you have that option.

The M bumper is incompatible with the ACC radar, if you have that option.....
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #6
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70 View Post
Wow, no need for that. It was a simple question back to you. If you prefer that bumper that's fine, but no need for the "almighty" comment, Wdimagineer is so helpful in this forum and he's really not arrogant at all. It's guys like him, Opasha, R33, and others that make this forum a joy to read and talk to. Don't ruin it.

Thanks

Joe
that’s funny, didn’t perceive It as a question at all, just a remark inclining that i would change to the x5m spoiler in an effort to create an illusion that I’m driving a X5M, referring to the same notion that some people are for example changing their model badges on their cars from say a 318i to M3 when they bought a spoiler kit. In my book that’s arrogant, but maybe that’s just me
      02-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #7
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
+1 on Joe's comment. I also have an M on order, and my disinclination to help you is purely based on your attitude, not based, as you think, on the fact that I want to feel more "special".

However, you'll likely find (to wdimagineer's point) that this won't look right on your car anyway.

The M has additional cooling radiators behind the larger openings which your car doesn't have. Note that the M-Sport has deep gills with black covers behind them to mask that fact.

The M places its surround camera in a different location on the front spoiler, if you have that option.

The M bumper is incompatible with the ACC radar, if you have that option.....
There you go You got the answer part right in stating some points why it’s a "no fit"; i asked for help not negative insinuations about my personal motives about changing the part.

Last edited by paicapo; 02-11-2015 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 07:58 AM   #8
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks

Joe
Btw, I guess I'm "Almighty" too! I'm week 16/17 for my X5M!

Joe
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #9
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Btw, I guess I'm "Almighty" too! I'm week 16/17 for my X5M!

Joe
Far from it buddy..
      02-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #10
Wobbles
Second Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F02, F13, F15

Awww shucks.

paicapo as well as wdimagineer are both respected and valued members of the forums - and I'm sure it's just a small misunderstanding. No harm done and to be fair, it's all too easy to misunderstand the connotations behind the denotations of the messages here on the forum, and I think no one here meant any ill will with their replies.

Goodness knows, I've been guilty of some almighty forum faux pas in the past! Not the first and definitely won't be the last time either
Appreciate 4
      02-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #11
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

As a self-designated expert (the audacity!) in being misunderstood in an online discussion forum (reality and mostly humor) I want to chime in.

What makes this forum great is that it is extremely helpful, fun, and respectful and not full of sharp razors (like the 3 series forum becomes occasionally). From time to time, we get feedback when we don't ask for it, or get feedback we don't like when we do ask for it. Reading more into it and presuming why the comment is made is wrong. This is an open discussion. Making this personal when few if any of us know each other personally is also wrong. Most of the comments here are opinions, commingled with technical facts. In my opinion, there is an over reaction here. But that is my opinion.

Sure, does changing the car make it something it is not? Yes, to an extent. Is giving feedback when not asked for appropriate? I am certainly guilty of having done that, but probably not. I am not sure I would react the same way, who knows, perhaps worse! At any rate, let's hit the reset button (which iDrive used to have), and start afresh.

I am still unhappy that an infrequent poster showed up here once, made an offensive remark about why someone switched to an Audi from an X5, when BMW had purchased the car due to numerous issues, and likely caused us to never hear back as to what the issues were.

I'd hate to see any of the contributors in posts #1 to #10 to reduce their visits and contributions here.

Last edited by MattBianco; 02-11-2015 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 6
      02-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #12
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

greate write up @mattbianco let's move on
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #13
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
As a self-designated expert (the audacity!) in being misunderstood in an online discussion forum (reality and mostly humor) I want to chime in.

What makes this forum great is that it is extremely helpful, fun, and respectful and not full of sharp razors (like the 3 series forum becomes occasionally). From time to time, we get feedback when we don't ask for it, or get feedback we don't like when we do ask for it. Reading more into it and presuming why the comment is made is wrong. This is an open discussion. Making this personal when few if any of us know each other personally is also wrong. Most of the comments here are opinions, commingled with technical facts. In my opinion, there is an over reaction here. But that is my opinion.

Sure, does changing the car make it something it is not? Yes, to an extent. Is giving feedback when not asked for appropriate? I am certainly guilty of having done that, but probably not. I am not sure I would react the same way, who knows, perhaps worse! At any rate, let's hit the reset button (which iDrive used to have), and start afresh.

I am still unhappy that an infrequent poster showed up here once, made an offensive remark about why someone switched to an Audi from an X5, when BMW had purchased the car due to numerous issues, and likely caused us to never hear back as to what the issues were.

I'd hate to see any of the contributors in posts #1 to #10 to reduce their visits and contributions here.

Funny! That's why it's funny reading this forum. Matt, your not referring to me about the Audi/BMW comment right? I still have my X5, I'm trading in to go to X5M.
Also to original poster, I have no bad feelings nor did I try to reflect that. Trust me, many moons ago I converted my S4 Avant into a RS4 when they weren't available in the USA, got a rash of crap for it, but eventually everybody was my friend when they saw the finished product. I only have love for everyone.
Joe
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2015, 11:42 AM   #14
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

I've seen people do the same M5 conversion on 528i just fine on 5 forum. As long as you don't put these poser X5M badge on it's all good with me. X5M does have more aggressive bodykit compared to M sport.

Paicapo, the only problem is if you go for front bumper you might as well go all the way with the quad exhaust rear lol! Wouldn't look right with just front bumper in my opinion.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #15
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Awww shucks.

paicapo as well as wdimagineer are both respected and valued members of the forums - and I'm sure it's just a small misunderstanding. No harm done and to be fair, it's all too easy to misunderstand the connotations behind the denotations of the messages here on the forum, and I think no one here meant any ill will with their replies.

Goodness knows, I've been guilty of some almighty forum faux pas in the past! Not the first and definitely won't be the last time either
+1
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #16
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Funny! That's why it's funny reading this forum. Matt, your not referring to me about the Audi/BMW comment right? I still have my X5, I'm trading in to go to X5M.
Also to original poster, I have no bad feelings nor did I try to reflect that. Trust me, many moons ago I converted my S4 Avant into a RS4 when they weren't available in the USA, got a rash of crap for it, but eventually everybody was my friend when they saw the finished product. I only have love for everyone.
Joe
LOL....can't remember....was it you? Someone told the poster had traded his testicles when he got rid of the X5 (which I have always thought of as mostly a female focused car anyway). If it was you, I hope you understand why I took exception. Anytime we (potentially) offend anyone here, we lose a contributor. I can't say that I am without guilt myself.
      02-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #17
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep

Paicapo tried looking for the blowup picture showing parts on the X5M, I wasn't able to find it. Camera may not be your issue, supports and grills may be the issue when tied to the other parts. You may need new fenders to accept wider bumper?

Joe
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #18
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL....can't remember....was it you? Someone told the poster had traded his testicles when he got rid of the X5 (which I have always thought of as mostly a female focused car anyway). If it was you, I hope you understand why I took exception. Anytime we (potentially) offend anyone here, we lose a contributor. I can't say that I am without guilt myself.
Wasn't me brother, lmao! I was the idiot that complained about losing $$$ by trading in my X5 M Sport in for the X5M. I'm such a girl
First time I'm ever trading a car in 45 years!

Joe

PS.... It's all good, plus I post whenever I can. It's usually when I'm waiting to start surgery. I love ObamaCare
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2015, 12:07 PM   #19
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo
I have the European part serial for x5m front spoiler (its about 900), thinking of fitting it to my F15, if anybody have or get some insight in fitment please share.
Thanks!

part nr 51118066731
Back on topic. Are you trying to say you do not want to pay the $1500 for the F15 M sport front lip but would like to spend $900 on the X5M's and fit it to our M sport F15's?

As I would be for that since I feel like the M sport CF lip is too bulky and the same style going back to 2006 M6 lips which I didn't like then either
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #20
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Back on topic. Are you trying to say you do not want to pay the $1500 for the F15 M sport front lip but would like to spend $900 on the X5M's and fit it to our M sport F15's?

As I would be for that since I feel like the M sport CF lip is too bulky and the same style going back to 2006 M6 lips which I didn't like then either
Yes thats correct, don't feel the performance lip for the f15 especially not for the money and now when it seems you can get the x5m bumper paint included for pretty much the same cost or cheaper it's a no brainer for me when I been in thoughts all winter to do the cars front more aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #21
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post

Yes thats correct, don't feel the performance lip for the f15 especially not for the money and now when it seems you can get the x5m bumper paint included for pretty much the same cost or cheaper it's a no brainer for me when I been in thoughts all winter to do the cars front more aggressive.
Personally I think that would look sweet and it isn't like your tagging you're x5 with X5M badges or the grill insignias so I say go for it.

Isn't like another BMW hasn't put aftermarket M bumpers on their cars. At least this is all OEM parts
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #22
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Joe
Quote:
Quote:
Wasn't me brother, lmao! I was the idiot that complained about losing $$$ by trading in my X5 M Sport in for the X5M. I'm such a girl
First time I'm ever trading a car in 45 years!

Joe

PS.... It's all good, plus I post whenever I can. It's usually when I'm waiting to start surgery. I love ObamaCare
I'm glad this whole topic turned around for the positive .

Also, Joe, it was not you. I know who it was, and I wasn't too happy about that comment either, lol.