BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2014, 03:12 AM   #1
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Nano-ceramic sealant?

Now that I’ve ordered I’m thinking about having my car protected by a professional detailer applying a nano-ceramic sealant.

A local firm charges £270 for at least 24 hours work which seems good value as I’ve had a quote from an ‘Autoglym’ dealer that charges the same for 2-3 hours for their LifeShine product.

Just wondered if anyone else has any experience of these products and if they are good at repelling dirt and stains etc. on the car’s exterior and interior.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 03:53 AM   #2
x5pilot
Fragile Explosion
Rep
Drives: X5 40d Msport

My BMW dealer include this (they call it the "protect pack") as an additional cost of £350 inc 3 year guarantee. It covers paintwork and interior.
Will go ahead with it as it'll be done before I pickup the car plus similar price to the Autoglym option. I always regret not getting it done 5 years ago on my Carbon Black X5 as the paint never looked as good as time went on.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5pilot View Post
My BMW dealer include this (they call it the "protect pack") as an additional cost of £350 inc 3 year guarantee. It covers paintwork and interior.
Will go ahead with it as it'll be done before I pickup the car plus similar price to the Autoglym option. I always regret not getting it done 5 years ago on my Carbon Black X5 as the paint never looked as good as time went on.
Hi James.

Is that the BMW version of Autoglym?

My wife had that on her Coupe and then had the AutoGlym LifeShine on her Evoque. Not impressed with either, less so when she was charged £400 which is why I am looking at alternatives......http://www.demonfinishers.co.uk

Mike.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Xzilon Molecular Adhesive!

Do it yourself. I applied it to my F15 interior and it's protected. No scratches and easy to clean. I highly recommend it. I don't work for them, but Xzilon is the best! Interior and exterior.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
Xzilon Molecular Adhesive!

Do it yourself. I applied it to my F15 interior and it's protected. No scratches and easy to clean. I highly recommend it. I don't work for them, but Xzilon is the best! Interior and exterior.
Thanks mikikuki7!

Will check it out.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #6
Farmerboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 520d

I live near a guy who manages scar transporter firm. A few years ago his firm had to collect all the new cars and stock from a dealer that had gone bust. Among the stock was a pile of Autoglym Lifeshine PDA kits that was used to seal new cars . These kits can be picked up on eBay for abut £15. All the materials are in the box. I gave up on the £300 a go Seal and Protect on my kata thee cars. Less than a mornings work and the car is protected. You then have enough left to either "top up after a year" or seal a second car. You easily do two large cars with one kit. I suspect that's why there are so many spares on EBay. What you do missis the bag of goodies but a visit to EBay will put you right and you still are over £200 in pocket.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Thanks all.

Checked out the Xzilon. Think it's just available in NA.

As above, not impressed with AutoGlym after my wife had it applied on her Evoque hence looking elsewhere for a professional job and will get interior protected as well as alloys.

Has anyone installed Gator Strips to protect alloys?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #8
xDrive30dGeorge
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d SE 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Thanks all.

Checked out the Xzilon. Think it's just available in NA.

As above, not impressed with AutoGlym after my wife had it applied on her Evoque hence looking elsewhere for a professional job and will get interior protected as well as alloys.

Has anyone installed Gator Strips to protect alloys?
Quite interested in feedback on sealants as well. My dealer also quoted about £500 for the BMW seal and protect pack which i promptly turned down. Have my F15 on order and currently slated for a late April/early May delivery.

Very interested to know what options there are and feedback on each.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #9
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive30dGeorge View Post
Quite interested in feedback on sealants as well. My dealer also quoted about £500 for the BMW seal and protect pack which i promptly turned down. Have my F15 on order and currently slated for a late April/early May delivery.

Very interested to know what options there are and feedback on each.
Hi 'George', when I have mine delivered and 'sealed' will let you know.....currently late April..I hope
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
Diper
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d

Look at page 2 of all postings and check the cilajet posting.
Half way down the thread you'll find my posting about the nano ceramic treatment (modesta) incl pictures.

I'm very uptight regarding sealant, but I would recommend everybody to skip the BMW offering (which in NL is SWISSTEC) and scan detailing forums to find a really good detailer with a recent portfolio and let him/her prepare the car.

If you decide to use ceramic pro 9H, take a couple of layers or do Modesta which is 5 layers thick. It's extreme scratch resistent
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #11
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diper View Post
Look at page 2 of all postings and check the cilajet posting.
Half way down the thread you'll find my posting about the nano ceramic treatment (modesta) incl pictures.

I'm very uptight regarding sealant, but I would recommend everybody to skip the BMW offering (which in NL is SWISSTEC) and scan detailing forums to find a really good detailer with a recent portfolio and let him/her prepare the car.

If you decide to use ceramic pro 9H, take a couple of layers or do Modesta which is 5 layers thick. It's extreme scratch resistent
Thanks Diper, the website looks impressive.
I don't know if you can have this applied in England.
Have emailed cilajet to find out.
Appreciate 0