BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-12-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

UK delivery tyres

Can anyone comment on what types of tyres are likely to be delivered on UK X5 with 18"? Brand? Weather rating (summer / winter / all)? Run flat? Anyone recommend what to wish for and what to avoid?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 08:42 AM   #2
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5plug-in View Post
Can anyone comment on what types of tyres are likely to be delivered on UK X5 with 18"? Brand? Weather rating (summer / winter / all)? Run flat? Anyone recommend what to wish for and what to avoid?

I'm fairly certain you will get summer run flats .... All season are a zero cost option ..... Brand will be pot luck
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #3
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5plug-in View Post
X5plug-in Hi. On the 19" & below they will be All Season RF's. Can be any brand, depends on what they are fitting at the time - you can't choose either.
Direct quote below from BMW UK Customer Support when I asked a similar question last year about the 19 & 20" er's:

At the time of manufacture BMW will use the best suited tyres that are available form any of the top five tyre brands. As you can appreciate, the brands tyre stock will fluctuate throughout the year resulting in BMW vehicles using a verity of different tyre manufacturers.

I can confirm that BMW recommend any of the following brands with regards to Run-flat tyres.

Goodyear
Pirelli
Michelin
Bridgestone
Continental

I have Conti's on my 19" Winter RFs and Pirelli on my 20" Summer Performance set. Both are good makes IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
X5plug-in Hi. On the 19" & below they will be All Season RF's. Can be any brand, depends on what they are fitting at the time - you can't choose either.
Direct quote below from BMW UK Customer Support when I asked a similar question last year about the 19 & 20" er's:

At the time of manufacture BMW will use the best suited tyres that are available form any of the top five tyre brands. As you can appreciate, the brands tyre stock will fluctuate throughout the year resulting in BMW vehicles using a verity of different tyre manufacturers.

I can confirm that BMW recommend any of the following brands with regards to Run-flat tyres.

Goodyear
Pirelli
Michelin
Bridgestone
Continental

I have Conti's on my 19" Winter RFs and Pirelli on my 20" Summer Performance set. Both are good makes IMO.
Baunton - out of interest where do you see that 19's and below are all season ? .... I understood all seasons had to be ordered as a no cost option ?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
Baunton - out of interest where do you see that 19's and below are all season ? .... I understood all seasons had to be ordered as a no cost option ?
Erm @X5plug-in said 18" which is below 19". Sorry don't understand your question or point?

Last edited by Baunton; 07-12-2015 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #6
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Erm @X5plug-in said 18" which is below 19". Sorry don't understand your question or point?
You said "On the 19" & below they will be All Season RF's" .....

Why would they be All Season ? unless you select them as an option, if you don't select them they will be summers ....

On the UK configurator they are selectable.

Last edited by UKMS; 07-12-2015 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0