BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

09-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
yet.another.id
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

Do you get a better deal if you contact a dealer near the end of the month?

Common wisdom says that salesmen need to meet their monthly numbers and are more open to discounting at the end of the month.

Has anyone found this to be true? Just wondering how carefully I need to time my approach.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

It is a fact, but you have to find out how much volume they have already sold that particular month. I shopped around until I found the dealer with the most volume of X5 sold over the year and bought off the lot at December 31, paid in full.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yet.another.id View Post
Common wisdom says that salesmen need to meet their monthly numbers and are more open to discounting at the end of the month.

Has anyone found this to be true? Just wondering how carefully I need to time my approach.
It's possible but difficult to know. Every dealer will tell you they need to hit their numbers just to get your attn. Personally, I've always received the best pricing by contacting every dealer and waiting them out for a couple of weeks. The best price always has come in at random day of month and beats any other reported quote on the boards.
Appreciate 0