BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
pinstripe1
Rep
Drives: Future X5

HUD Height

I'm having an issue with my HUD height. Basically it appears so low on the windshield that you can't see it and wondering if anyone has seen a similar issue.

Background: I've had the truck for about 1000 miles and started getting passenger restraint system errors. Took it in for service and it was determined that there was a bad ground somewhere in the passenger seat. When I picked it up I couldn't see the HUD and thought it was off. Looked at the settings and the height setting was slightly above middle (where I like it to be) but it was displaying very low and I couldn't see it unless I leaned way forward. When I set it at max height the HUD gets to a height where you can partially see it in a normal seating position but its cut off.

I've seen some posts about the HUD that seem related to different keys but I'm the same key was used the entire time. Haven't had an issue with the HUD prior to this.

But at least they fixed the passenger seat issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
Wobbles
Second Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F02, F13, F15

Hi there,

When I first brought my truck home (all of 3 days ago), I encountered a similar problem with the HUD, but then I realized that I had my seating position way too high (which kinda explained why I kept bumping my head on the top of the door frame on the way in - and I'm only 5'7" - blame my short Asian genes).

From reading your issue, I think it's way more than just an adjustment of the seat, or calibration of the HUD display - might need another trip to your friendly neighborhood dealer
Appreciate 0