BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
rotweiler
Private
Rep
Drives: audi a6

Question regarding X5

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum. This is actually my first thread ever.
I am thinking of ordering new BMW X5. A lot of people are telling me not to take cause it is not comfortable. It has a lot of body roll.
Now I have a question for people that have x5 is there much body roll. Cause I like sedans but I really like new x5.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Depends on which options you get. But even with no suspension upgrades what so ever, I wouldn't say the new X5s have a lot of body roll....but it is a SUV, so it's all relative.

My recommendation is, instead of gauging how much body roll X5 would have based on other people's opinions, you should test drive one yourself....because we all have a different opinions as to how much body roll is acceptable or not.

Z.
      10-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
Mathme
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X530d

x2 on the previous post. In addition, I'd add to drive a couple of X5s with different suspensions (air, DHP, etc. if they are available). Also drive a comparable SUV in this class -- Caynne, ML, Q7 -- to get a gauge for yourself as to if the body roll is acceptable.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotweiler View Post
...I am thinking of ordering new BMW X5. A lot of people are telling me not to take cause it is not comfortable. It has a lot of body roll.
Now I have a question for people that have x5 is there much body roll. Cause I like sedans but I really like new x5.
Personally, I don't like the body-roll that is evident on a standard X5. If you also are concerned about body-roll, you can add the Dynamic Handling Package, DHP, which includes active anti-roll (which is amazing!). I've never seen anyone who has it report that they don't like it. However, it costs $4500 so not everyone wants to pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #5
rotweiler
Private
Rep
Drives: audi a6

I actually drove the new x5. I love it. I love the feel and how it rides. It was standard. Now I like with m sport packet. I never drove it with that option and a lot of people are telling me if I get m sport it will be a lot of body roll. I think if I drove standard with m sport will be much better ride. I don't know anymore.

Thanks for replying 😄
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotweiler View Post
I actually drove the new x5. I love it. I love the feel and how it rides. It was standard. Now I like with m sport packet. I never drove it with that option and a lot of people are telling me if I get m sport it will be a lot of body roll. I think if I drove standard with m sport will be much better ride. I don't know anymore.

Thanks for replying 😄
IMO 'body-roll' on the M Sport is minimal, especially if you drive in Sport mode.
I recommend, as others have, that you go to a dealer that has an M Sport and drive it in Comfort AND Sport mode.
Appreciate 0