BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #1
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

All Season Tyres (UK)

Has anyone in the UK gone for the All season tyre option and if so any idea what they fit ?

I have always had summer and winter sets in the past and was considering this as an alternative taking into account typical Southern UK weather ?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by UKMS; 06-02-2015 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
schaeffs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS
Has anyone in the UK gone for the All season tyre option and if so any idea what they fit ?

I have always had summer and winter sets in the past and was considering this as an alternative taking into account typical Southern UK weather ?

Cheers
I am firmly in the winter / summer camp and South East England resident - all season are for me a jack of all trade tyre and master of none. If you want best in class for Summer and Winter you need two sets still IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post

Cheers
What size are you looking at? If you want AS RF, last year no manufacture made an AS 20" which is why I have a Summer/Performance 20" M Double-spoke style 469M alloy wheels and a Winter 19" M 467M alloys..got a good deal from my dealer as they/BMW screwed up and only cost me £1k for the Winter tyres and alloys.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #4
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
What size are you looking at? If you want AS RF, last year no manufacture made an AS 20" which is why I have a Summer/Performance 20" M Double-spoke style 469M alloy wheels and a Winter 19" M 467M alloys..got a good deal from my dealer as they/BMW screwed up and only cost me £1k for the Winter tyres and alloys.
I'm going with 19's (449) on mine ..... the all season are a no cost option. I was just considering it rather than buying another full set of winters. Previously I've always had an identical winter set rather than changing the style. I have two identical sets for my X3.