06-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

My New UK Order

Just placed my order today for a new F15 to replace my F25 20d

Not 100% set on the spec but it will be changeable for a while.

Due for delivery week 43 !

F15 30d SE (258hp UK Spec)
Sophistico Grey Xirallic
Mocha Dakota Leather
American Oak

I wont list the full spec but plenty for me to play with !

At the moment I've left off the surround view (just have reverse camera), I have the surround view on my F25 and impressive as it is I don't really use it that much ..... would value any thoughts of added value on the F15 (anything the F25 doesn't do).

Any thoughts on Adaptive xenon's V Adaptive LED ? I've ordered the latter.

Would also value any thoughts (or pics) of the exterior/interior colour combo that I've gone with.

Cheers
      06-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

UKMS Congrats on your order.

I wouldn't be without the Winter Pack and Auxiliary Heating....a must especially now we are in June

I'd also miss the HK and Connected Drive AND the Snap-in adaptor for the iPhone.

Wondered why you aren't going for the M Sport....more bang for your buck IMO especially with Adaptive Suspension thrown in.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post

I wouldn't be without the Winter Pack and Auxiliary Heating....a must especially now we are in June

I'd also miss the HK and Connected Drive AND the Snap-in adaptor for the iPhone.

Wondered why you aren't going for the M Sport....more bang for your buck IMO especially with Adaptive Suspension thrown in.
I've ordered HK, connected drive and heated wheel but don't really need the rear seats .... I've pondered for hours over M sport or SE with dynamic pack (and a bit more) .... (I'm still sitting here now building both online) My main reason is that I prefer a softer ride and from my research even with the M sport adaptive, the ride is still not as good as SE with 2VM, I know it's personal preference and happy to be corrected. I had the same dilemma with my F25 and previous F11 and went for SE with VDC on both.
      06-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
schaeffs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post

I've ordered HK, connected drive and heated wheel but don't really need the rear seats .... I've pondered for hours over M sport or SE with dynamic pack (and a bit more) .... (I'm still sitting here now building both online) My main reason is that I prefer a softer ride and from my research even with the M sport adaptive, the ride is still not as good as SE with 2VM, I know it's personal preference and happy to be corrected. I had the same dilemma with my F25 and previous F11 and went for SE with VDC on both.
The M-Sport with m-adaptive is a real step up on the E70 we had previously. In Eco-pro or comfort it's pretty cosseting and stiffens up nicely in sport and sport+

Definitely worth hunting out a test drive in one.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #5
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaeffs View Post
The M-Sport with m-adaptive is a real step up on the E70 we had previously. In Eco-pro or comfort it's pretty cosseting and stiffens up nicely in sport and sport+

Definitely worth hunting out a test drive in one.
..... Now I'm doubting my decision .... I think I'll do that .... I've got at least 2-3 weeks grace and my sales exec is used to me always making last minute changes on anything I order !
      06-02-2015, 12:19 AM   #6
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
You cannot compare old E70 on steel springs with F15 and Adaptive Suspension. I had the 3d SE E70 and now have the M Sport. Test drive one and you will be impressed, especially if you drive on country roads which I do.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 03:45 AM   #7
schaeffs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton
Quote:
You cannot compare old E70 on steel springs with F15 and Adaptive Suspension. I had the 3d SE E70 and now have the M Sport. Test drive one and you will be impressed, especially if you drive on country roads which I do.
Totally agree - I'm also a country road driver and the roads are beyond poor in some places - m-adaptive is perfect for this IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 03:56 AM   #8
PhilL
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2, F15 X5 4.0d

Quote:
Check with your dealer - you shouldn't need to spec the Connected Drive Services option (ZNS) as this is now included as standard with the Professional Nav (I double-checked this with my dealer on my order last month)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:08 AM   #9
monkray
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 30d M Sport

Would agree with the above comments - the M Sport is good value if you want the adaptive suspension, 19" staggered wheels and electrically adjustable seats. Some of the options drop in price with M Sport such as the wood trim (fineline pure is nice and to me taste looks better than oak), 20" wheels and seven-seats . About the options, I have quite a few - I would not be without the surround view and sunroof (especially if you have a black interior) and enhanced USB. Next priority would be the head-up display and the active cruise control. For the rest, I would give the LED lights lower priority given their cost (it is more asthetic - the indicators are cool mind you), park assist (fun but gimmicky), extended storage (rip-off)....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:09 AM   #10
monkray
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 30d M Sport

P.S. Forgot to mention that the HK sound is a big step up from the basic system and would be among my 2nd priority options....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:22 AM   #11
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilL View Post
Check with your dealer - you shouldn't need to spec the Connected Drive Services option (ZNS) as this is now included as standard with the Professional Nav (I double-checked this with my dealer on my order last month)
Interesting I'll double check.... ZNS is showing on my order as a £230 option. There were one or two minor variances in cost from the current price list which I was told are reflective of 2016MY price changes which worked both ways. For example extended storage 493 is £0 cost on my order but is £245 on the current price list
      06-02-2015, 04:37 AM   #12
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 911 992 C2S

Garage List
I had adaptive LED on my F10 and have xenon on my F15. imho the adaptive leds are very nice up close but like surround view not a priority.

If u listen to music at reasonably loud volume (50pc or higher) than HK is a must.

extended bluetooth is a must in all cars (bmw should really make it standard).

m sport is good value if those options look appealing as adding 2-3 of them down the road will cost as much as the whole set upfront.
Sold E90 335i M Sport Alpine White|Tokyo
Sold E36 328i Jet Black|NYC
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:43 AM   #13
PhilL
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Interesting I'll double check.... ZNS is showing on my order as a £230 option. There were one or two minor variances in cost from the current price list which I was told are reflective of 2016MY price changes which worked both ways. For example extended storage 493 is £0 cost on my order but is £245 on the current price list
Yeah I was a little sceptical about this but my dealer ensures me this is the case now and I have that in writing.. if it turns up without Connected Drive now I'll be extremely miffed!!

Interestingly though, Extended Storage 493 shows on my order as £245 inc VAT before discount (order placed exactly a month ago)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 05:20 AM   #14
PhilL
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
I had adaptive LED on my F10 and have xenon on my F15. imho the adaptive leds are very nice up close but like surround view not a priority.

If u listen to music at reasonably loud volume (50pc or higher) than HK is a must.

extended bluetooth is a must in all cars (bmw should really make it standard).

m sport is good value if those options look appealing as adding 2-3 of them down the road will cost as much as the whole set upfront.
Most of the functionality of Extended Bluetooth can be coded (except the snap in cradle and extra microphone) - see the separate coding thread for details.

I've not specced it for this reason, and the fact that my wife and I have different phones (iPhone 5s and 6), with cases and the snap-in adaptors (or lack of) seem like an expensive pain in the @rse and waste of space.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 05:44 AM   #15
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

UKMS ..and don't forget Comfort Seats! The list is endless!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 04:45 PM   #16
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Comfort seats it is !

I'll have to change to Terra Dakota leather as Comfort seats are not available in Mocha Dakota ......

Has anyone currently got Terra with brushed aluminium and happy ?

Last edited by UKMS; 06-03-2015 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0