06-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #1
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Album cover art problem...

Hello!!!

I have a problem with album cover arts... I just transferred some itunes genuine files from my USB to my BMW HDD, and noticed that only some tracks displays album covers..all files are downloaded from itunes and has album covers... any advice?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

I believe some file formats store album art in the file itself -MP3 does that. However, other file formats, and I believe ACC is amongst them, stores album art in a separate folder in your computer.

I base my response on the research I did for the thread in which I show how to turn a USB drive into a (near) iPod for iDrive, and how to preserve song order in playlists (not alpha). I corresponded with the software developer and that is what he mentioned when i asked why I was not getting album art for all my music.
      06-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #3
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
I believe some file formats store album art in the file itself -MP3 does that. However, other file formats, and I believe ACC is amongst them, stores album art in a separate folder in your computer.

I base my response on the research I did for the thread in which I show how to turn a USB drive into a (near) iPod for iDrive, and how to preserve song order in playlists (not alpha). I corresponded with the software developer and that is what he mentioned when i asked why I was not getting album art for all my music.
That's weird...all my files are .m4a from itunes...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer View Post
That's weird...all my files are .m4a from itunes...
Check your iTunes folder in your computer and see if you have a folder called "Album Artwork" or "Album Art". If all are m4a, then they should all appear.

I have close to 5,000 songs on a USB plugged in, organized using the playlist app I mentioned. Once in a while I have noticed that an album cover does not change well into a song, and sometime it does not load, but other times it will.

Also, make sure you have the latest connectivity and iDrive firmware which you can download directly from BMW. There is a thread somewhere for connectivity, bluetooth, idrive updates.

Last thought....are any of the songs DRM protected? The app I use converts protected songs to non protected if you are logged into iTunes. ..... just trying to rule out all the possibilities.
      06-05-2015, 08:13 PM   #5
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Do you mind posting the link to your thread my friend?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 09:03 PM   #6
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

LatinBimmer, Here you go sir; http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1020173
      06-05-2015, 10:46 PM   #7
fooit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d w/Mpkg

Quote:
Or if you don't use iTunes you can still get this to work, here's the link to another thread where Matt helped me to create USB drive without iTunes -

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=30
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2015, 12:54 AM   #8
dr.waxman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:

are you able to post the link MattBianco to your thread showing how to "turn USB drive into (near) iPod for iDrive", please?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 01:10 AM   #9
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.waxman View Post
are you able to post the link MattBianco to your thread showing how to "turn USB drive into (near) iPod for iDrive", please?
Thanks

Post #6 But here it is again: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1020173
      06-06-2015, 07:14 AM   #10
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Quote:
Oooh sorry!!!! Thanks buddy!!
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2015, 09:39 AM   #11
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

LatinBimmer This update http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...3#post17401843 from BMW fixes album art transmitted by bluetooth as far as I know, but you may want to try this as well. At any rate, if far improves bluetooth connectivity for your phone. The update is via a USB drive and is very easy.
      06-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #12
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Quote:
LatinBimmer This update http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...3#post17401843 from BMW fixes album art transmitted by bluetooth as far as I know, but you may want to try this as well. At any rate, if far improves bluetooth connectivity for your phone. The update is via a USB drive and is very easy.
For some reason, I wasn't able to download any software updates since I bought the car (november 2014). Every time I check bmw/update site using my VIN, it doesn't bring any news... is there any direct link?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 11:28 AM   #13
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer View Post
For some reason, I wasn't able to download any software updates since I bought the car (november 2014). Every time I check bmw/update site using my VIN, it doesn't bring any news... is there any direct link?
Look for my PM.....just uploading a 23MB file to share with you on Google Drive. I am not home, and connection is slow....will take a few minutes.