BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
Imakebrakes12
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

Need Pics !!! NON M-sport modded

So I just picked my wife up a 2015 alpine white X5 fully loaded as a DD. After looking for a clean one with an M sport package I ended up purchasing this one.

So now the modifications start! Over the last few days I have been looking endlessly for pictures Of any white X5’s NON M-sport’s, That have any of the following I’m looking to add.
Black roof (vinyl wrap)
Black mirrors (vinyl wrap)
Black grille (vinyl wrap)
Black window trim (vinyl wrap)

I know I can’t be the only person out there looking into modifying a white X5 non-M sport if anyone has pictures please post them!

My main Hesitation with going forward on the mods is that the black trim around the wheel well (that’s on the X5 currently) will look “pieced” together. With the modifications I am looking to add.

Also let me know your thoughts on the look this would have !

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Imakebrakes12; 06-13-2018 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #2
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakebrakes12 View Post
So I just picked my wife up a 2015 alpine white X5 fully loaded as a DD. After looking for a clean one with an M sport package I ended up purchasing this one.

So now the modifications start! Over the last few days I have been looking endlessly for pictures Of any white X5’s NON M-sport’s, That have any of the following I’m looking to add.
Black roof (vinyl wrap)
Black mirrors (vinyl wrap)
Black grille (vinyl wrap)
Black window trim (vinyl wrap)

I know I can’t be the only person out there looking into modifying a white X5 non-M sport if anyone has pictures please post them!

My main Hesitation with going forward on the mods is that the black trim around the wheel well (that’s on the X5 currently) will look “pieced” together. With the modifications I am looking to add.

Also let me know your thoughts on the look this would have !

Thanks guys.
You are right about "pieced" together look. I did that mistake and went with different aftermarket pieces. They are all black, but finish is different, some are gloss, some matte and it all creates a very "busy" look. So if you are going to do it - do it right from the beginning. Keep it clean. Try to stay with same finish throughout the car (be it gloss or matte). Research mods before spending money on them. Don't make my mistakes lol.

P.S. That been said I'm more of a power/tune/performance mod guy, rather than exterior mods guy, but I still got a good share of exterior mistakes made lol. Also there's a photo thread and lots of non M-Sport images of AW X5 there too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
Imakebrakes12
Rep

Awesome thanks i appreciate it. I like the black mirrors I think that’s a must.

If you come across that thread PM me I am having a hard time finding it.
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      06-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakebrakes12 View Post
Awesome thanks i appreciate it. I like the black mirrors I think that’s a must.

If you come across that thread PM me I am having a hard time finding it.
Just regular photo thread like this: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...75600&page=228

You just need to search for non M Sport - they post too, but not as much as M Sport guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #5
Imakebrakes12
Rep

Thanks
Appreciate 0