BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-08-2016, 01:47 PM   #1
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

"Last Seat Position"

How does one program this to work? I have tried several different ways and the Driver's seat does not return to the setting when switching between Driver's.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 40i

Not sure if this is your issue, but we initially experienced the same thing on our '14 X5 when new. I think it was BMW Genius who suggest creating named profiles for each fob (under Settings in the main Menu, IIRC). You need to make sure only one fob at a time is within communication range of the vehicle when you do this. Once done, individual last position has been correctly recalled based on which fob was near the driver's door when it is opened.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M 40d mildhybrid

do you use different key each times? this might very well be the cause
and dont forget to save the seat position to the seat memory buttons

all settings depends on the key used to lock / unlock the car
( by the way what do you guys with comfort access have? cards? )
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWPK View Post
Not sure if this is your issue, but we initially experienced the same thing on our '14 X5 when new. I think it was BMW Genius who suggest creating named profiles for each fob (under Settings in the main Menu, IIRC). You need to make sure only one fob at a time is within communication range of the vehicle when you do this. Once done, individual last position has been correctly recalled based on which fob was near the driver's door when it is opened.
i'll try again. my profile is saved with a name my wife's is not. if she drove the vehicle last and i enter the vehicle it does not go to my profile automatically like it does with our Q7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragueX5 View Post
do you use different key each times? this might very well be the cause
and dont forget to save the seat position to the seat memory buttons

all settings depends on the key used to lock / unlock the car
i use my own key, my wife uses her own key.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #5
x5e70lover
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

my wife and i have a fob each and it always adjust to our last seat position including hvac and mmi settings. theres no need to save any profile.
      05-08-2016, 09:41 PM   #6
x5e70lover
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

make sure last seat automatic is checked under settings>doors/keys.
      05-09-2016, 12:15 AM   #7
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

Mine has never worked and I plan on mentioning it during my next service appointment. Also, when changing the saved settings, I have to hold the (1) or (2) button until the seat is adjusted, opposed to holding it once and having the seats adjust.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 12:47 AM   #8
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks View Post
Mine has never worked and I plan on mentioning it during my next service appointment. Also, when changing the saved settings, I have to hold the (1) or (2) button until the seat is adjusted, opposed to holding it once and having the seats adjust.
you need to have the engine running and door closed and tranny in P, then it works on auto just by one touch
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 07:02 AM   #9
Nonopr01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

You need to code it. The steering does it but the seat need to be coded for it to go back when you open the door and to move to original when the door close.

SM2 [6d] > 30000 SM_GLOBAL, 06 > Funktionen > EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE > Ausgelesen Change value to Modus_FA_SLV (This enables the feature)

SM2 [6d] > 3012 EAH, 0A > Funktionen > EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS > Ausgelesen
default: 00, 3C (This sets the distance you want the seat to move back when you exit vehicle. Default 00, 3C is 60mm, you can change this to any value you want, eg 00, 28 for 40mm)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 08:22 AM   #10
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

i am a bit confused. before we go any further can someone explain the functionality of "last seat position?

in other vehicles that i own(ed) the option functions so that when my wife drives the car and parks it then i open the door with my key all my settings and features are called up and enabled. then when she walks over and opens the door all her settings and features are enabled without having to do anything except open the door or disable the alarm. is the f15 x5 supposed to have this feature as well or am i just confused with the way this option operates?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #11
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragueX5 View Post
you need to have the engine running and door closed and tranny in P, then it works on auto just by one touch
Negative. Tried that numerous times.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 09:22 AM   #12
98PoleCat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast
i am a bit confused. before we go any further can someone explain the functionality of "last seat position?

in other vehicles that i own(ed) the option functions so that when my wife drives the car and parks it then i open the door with my key all my settings and features are called up and enabled. then when she walks over and opens the door all her settings and features are enabled without having to do anything except open the door or disable the alarm. is the f15 x5 supposed to have this feature as well or am i just confused with the way this option operates?
What you described is how most other vehicles work. All of your settings are saved to your remote. When that remote is used, your settings are used.

BMWs do all of that, but there's another layer. If you change something (move the seat forward, for example), the next time you use that remote, the seat will move to the forward position you moved it to, even if you don't save that new position to memory. Most other vehicles would move the seat to the memory position.

This is helpful if someone is borrowing you car. They can set the seat and mirrors where they like and not have to use the memory to save their settings between stops.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #13
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

ah, okay. i understand now. as someone on the other forum stated, i should uncheck the box and the key/memory should work as designed providing the proper steps were taken to save the settings. correct?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #14
98PoleCat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast
ah, okay. i understand now. as someone on the other forum stated, i should uncheck the box and the key/memory should work as designed providing the proper steps were taken to save the settings. correct?
You got it
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #15
pel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xdrive35i

I have the " last seat automatic" setting checked and I have saved/named profiles for both my with and myself. Both profiles are linked to the appropriate key fob. The driver seat always adjusts properly for each of us.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #16
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98PoleCat View Post
You got it
thank you for the help and everyone else who was able to chime in on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pel View Post
I have the " last seat automatic" setting checked and I have saved/named profiles for both my with and myself. Both profiles are linked to the appropriate key fob. The driver seat always adjusts properly for each of us.
automatically changes to his/her setting without touching memory buttons?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #17
pel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
thank you for the help and everyone else who was able to chime in on the subject.

automatically changes to his/her setting without touching memory buttons?
Yes, my wife likes to drive my car (X5) to the gym every morning. As soon as I unlock the car later in the morning, I watch the seat and mirrors adjust to my position.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 11:24 PM   #18
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Agree - set a profile to the key fob. Select last seat memory and when unlocked it move move to the last seat position. If you want, you may want to save it in memory as well.

Just remember, when you drop it off for service to change it to the guest ro file otherwise the tech will adjust you seat.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 02:18 AM   #19
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks View Post
Negative. Tried that numerous times.

so in the end do you have the function nable in the idrive under settings ? I beliebe its under doors/lock menu...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #20
citznfish
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 M Sport w/20" wheels

This used to work on ours for about 1-2 weeks after we set it up. Then it stopped. We have individually named profiles and everything is set up correctly. I do not code my own stuff so I know I didn't do anything to change this. Looking under the key settings I can see it is still set correctly.

It drives me nuts that this doesn't work anymore.
Appreciate 0