BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

07-18-2019, 02:32 AM   #23
bmwx1sq
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by duercos View Post
Your cheapest and probably the most efficient way is to add a separate sub 10-12" in the trunk. That's what I did and I love the sound now. I usually keep my equalizer flat and Logic 7 on.
Thanks for this comment. I want to do the same and was hoping to hear from someone that actually did it. Now we will just have to see how long I can hold off before pulling the trigger.
I have a single 15" lol
Appreciate 1
duercos201.00
      07-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #24
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I like your setup duercos. I also am planning to go with the JL shallow mount, though probably a single 12. And I think I will just get a small box and throw it in the trunk. Now I just need to justify the purchase lol.
Appreciate 1
duercos201.00
      07-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #25
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36>F16>G30

Quote:
I like your setup duercos. I also am planning to go with the JL shallow mount, though probably a single 12. And I think I will just get a small box and throw it in the trunk. Now I just need to justify the purchase lol.
You won't regret the addition make sure you pick up a proper amp and lc2i converter or similar.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #26
KCTiger
Captain
Rep

is the lci2 converter the unit that increases the voltage coming out of the head unit? if so, yes that is included. lci2 sounds familiar so that might be the exact unit. the amp is rated roughly equal to the power handling of the sub. it is a jl unit as well. thanks for the advice though, i definitely would not have known about the converter on my own.
Appreciate 1
duercos201.00
      07-18-2019, 03:50 PM   #27
KCTiger
Captain
Rep

To the folks with added subs...does your setup include a sub volume control? if so, where did you have it mounted/installed?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #28
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
To the folks with added subs...does your setup include a sub volume control? if so, where did you have it mounted/installed?
I did install one from alpine matching my alpine amplifier. It doesn't work as advertised, meaning it's not accurate at all. It works more like an on/off button, rather than a dial.. so I just disconnected it. Maybe you will have better luck with different knobs. I just put in inside the small compartment left to our steering wheel.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2019, 07:49 PM   #29
bmwx1sq
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i

Quote:
I have a dsp control with a sub level adjustment built in.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #30
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
I did install one from alpine matching my alpine amplifier. It doesn't work as advertised, meaning it's not accurate at all. It works more like an on/off button, rather than a dial.. so I just disconnected it. Maybe you will have better luck with different knobs. I just put in inside the small compartment left to our steering wheel.
Hmm. I have the Alpine RUX knob mounted in the center console, and it provides a large range of bass control.

I have a 10" JL box-mounted (came as a unit, about 4-5" thick box) along with a 600W alpine amp.

Makes a huge difference with HK, and will be transferring to my M50i this fall, even with B&W audio.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #31
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
Quote:
Hmm. I have the Alpine RUX knob mounted in the center console, and it provides a large range of bass control.

I have a 10" JL box-mounted (came as a unit, about 4-5" thick box) along with a 600W alpine amp.

Makes a huge difference with HK, and will be transferring to my M50i this fall, even with B&W audio.
I have the same knob, but it doesn't work well. Wanted to buy a new one from amazon, thinking that mine was defective, but half of the reviews mentioned the same problem..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 09:13 PM   #32
Brickell_Cristos
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2016

Quote:
The biggest problem I ran into was finding a good fit for the spare tire well as I didn't want to sacrifice my trunk space. So eventually, after switching 2 different subwoofers and 3 enclosures, I found a good combination
I've got 2 shallow mount 10" JL audio subs and slim qbox enclosures.
I have an F15 and just added a flat 12" sub and the bass was struggling the mide and hi frecuencys. It need how to add more mids and hi to really have a good quality sound.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 09:15 PM   #33
Brickell_Cristos
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2016

Quote:
The biggest problem I ran into was finding a good fit for the spare tire well as I didn't want to sacrifice my trunk space. So eventually, after switching 2 different subwoofers and 3 enclosures, I found a good combination
I've got 2 shallow mount 10" JL audio subs and slim qbox enclosures.
I have an F15 and just added a flat 12" sub and the bass was struggling the mide and hi frecuencys. It need how to add more mids and hi to really have a good quality sound. The fact is theres no Spice where to place additionals speakers without Messing with factory ones
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 03:22 PM   #34
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
I have a 2016 F15 35d with harmon kardon and am wondering if anyone has done either the bimmer tech or bavsound sub upgrade. They seem to only recommend the sub upgrades and nothing else. If anyone has done it...is it worth it? Any other additions that you would recommend outside of the subs only. My current system is just OK in my opinion. I was expecting a bit better from a premium harmon kardon setup.
I upgraded to Focal's and main improvement is to the mid range. The sound is much clearer.
Appreciate 0