BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-05-2023, 03:19 PM   #1
aaismaeel
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

F15 massive brake dust

Hi again. I’m so curious with this car making a massive brake dust on front tires. It has a brake pads replaced by BMW when I got it from previous owner and I drove it for a month before its due for a change. It was producing so much dust in the month that I’ve used it which I didn’t mind that time. I then change it through a european car maintenance who told me they only use the generic pads. But I noticed it produce the same dust even before. Is this normal or do I need a trip for checking the wheels. The bmw service warranty expired a month after I got the car 😅 and I live in the middle east where they charge too much on service warranty from the agency. I’m thinking on getting a service warranty from local european maintenance company but my friends who has bmw doesnt even worry about it. A lot has telling me that this car maintenance or parts replacement cost so much that its better having a warranty. As a woman who only want to drive this car, just don’t know what’s better 😂 Do you guys normally subscribe to service or just do it in any maitnenance for any issues?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 03:30 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

I just switched to Akebono ceramic pads, a little bit less aggressive initial bite but 0 dust.
Appreciate 0