archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
Mine is a MY2014, Build early June.

The Tyre Temp setting is in HU_NBT 3001 RDC_SAFETY nicht_activ -> activ
Thanks but it didn't work for me. I believe the 'advanced' tpms was added to post 1 April 2014 cars. Shame
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 03:42 AM   #24
atlantiQue
bmw x5 x25d
Belgium
Rep
Drives: x5 x25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Thanks but it didn't work for me. I believe the 'advanced' tpms was added to post 1 April 2014 cars. Shame
TPMS was indeed one of the upgrades of post April 1 production this year. Also, FYI, coasting is a standard setting controlled through the iDrive here in Belgium.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 04:59 AM   #25
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
Yes the pressure & temp readings work with UK TPMS sensors
To code 'Tire Pressure and Temperature on Vehicle Status' Look in: "HU_NBT" "3001 RDC_DRUCK_TEMP" Change from: "druck" to: "druck_und_temperatur" Simples! - worth a try anyhow!
      08-05-2014, 05:02 AM   #26
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantiQue View Post
TPMS was indeed one of the upgrades of post April 1 production this year. Also, FYI, coasting is a standard setting controlled through the iDrive here in Belgium.
Thanks for that, interesting to see where in the world 'coasting / sailing' is enabled by default - the feature is working OK here though still can't find the parameter to pass the 'distance coasted' data to the coasting odometer...
      08-05-2014, 05:19 AM   #27
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
To code 'Tire Pressure and Temperature on Vehicle Status' Look in: "HU_NBT" "3001 RDC_DRUCK_TEMP" Change from: "druck" to: "druck_und_temperatur" Simples! - worth a try anyhow!
Yeah tried that a few times no go. Looks like I don't have the hardware

What's the sailing settings?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #28
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Coding Work Sheet Updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9s4/edit#gid=0
      08-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #29
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Not sure where this was discussed, but what exactly do your LED codes represent/do? Are they only for LED Lighting package? Thanks.
      08-05-2014, 06:18 AM   #30
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Not sure where this was discussed, but what exactly do your LED codes represent/do? Are they only for LED Lighting package? Thanks.
Hi, parameters are for LED package only. I put notes in the first column though they're maybe not descriptive enough! If you need more info let me know.

Last edited by CatFlap; 08-05-2014 at 06:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 06:58 AM   #31
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hi, parameters are for LED package only. I put notes in the first column though they're maybe not descriptive enough! If you need more info let me know.
Thank you for clarifying . I was just curious. I figured it was related to the LED Lighting package by the descriptions you wrote regarding the high to low beam information.
      08-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #32
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying . I was just curious. I figured it was related to the LED Lighting package by the descriptions you wrote regarding the high to low beam information.
IMO the transition from low beam to high beam is a bit sluggish with the LED package, I want to reduce the ramp rate (standard 0.4 secs 0-100% brightness) - will try it out this evening to see if it makes a difference.

Also having both high ands low beam LED's used when flashing the headlights has to be a GOOD thing!
      08-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #33
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Great info for the coding. Don't take this the wrong way, but you guys do realize that the one touch indicator is mostly for changing lanes and 3 is sufficient for that, right ? If you're using it to make a turn, then the obvious thing is to hit the indicator all the way. I'm just curious in what scenarios you are using the one touch indicator other than lane changes. I sometimes use it as a courtesy when I pull into my driveway or my street when only one car is behind me.
No worries opasha and yes I am using the one touch indicators for mainly lane changing. 3 flashes just doesn't seem quite enough thought which is why I tried 6 before settling on 5 instead.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #34
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
IMO the transition from low beam to high beam is a bit sluggish with the LED package, I want to reduce the ramp rate (standard 0.4 secs 0-100% brightness) - will try it out this evening to see if it makes a difference.

Also having both high ands low beam LED's used when flashing the headlights has to be a GOOD thing!
That's true. I have Bi-Xenon so I don't know how slow and fast the LED transitions work, but what you are saying makes sense.

The flashing sounds convenient. Is this for the lights flashing when unlocking/locking your car or when you push the handle forward to flash the high beam? I'm just curious .

Quote:
No worries opasha and yes I am using the one touch indicators for mainly lane changing. 3 flashes just doesn't seem quite enough thought which is why I tried 6 before settling on 5 instead.
Gotcha. I guess 5 is good when you're stuck in a tighter traffic situation and need a longer indication so that people know you're shifting over. I can see the safety convenience .
      08-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #35
oshiri
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 30d

Quote:
it might just be different customs in different countries. In Australia, I feel that if i changed lane and only gave 3 flashes of prior warning, it would be almost considered cutting people off.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #36
bigyin71
Rep
Drives: F15 BMW X5 3.0d M Sport

My F15 was in for new steering column stalks(heated steering wheel issues) full recode of car done. I asked the stealers to code the mirrors and boot to close on one touch. Also asked them to activate the enhanced Bluetooth. Guess what? Nah, can't do that, our software won't allow us to!!! Anyone in fife area able to do the above without affecting warranty please? Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #37
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyin71 View Post
My F15 was in for new steering column stalks(heated steering wheel issues) full recode of car done. I asked the stealers to code the mirrors and boot to close on one touch. Also asked them to activate the enhanced Bluetooth. Guess what? Nah, can't do that, our software won't allow us to!!! Anyone in fife area able to do the above without affecting warranty please? Cheers
What was your heated steering wheel issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #38
bigyin71
Rep

Heated steering packed in after 2 months...then the led lights in all doors and footwell lights went out. All to do with a control module attached to indicator/wiper stalks... Changed, recoded and all good! Had them change my dodgy fold out door seals as well and fix the rusty brake hubs/drums! My F15 was one of the first in UK and had a few issues, all sorted now and John Clark Tayside have been fab tbh...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #39
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyin71 View Post
Heated steering packed in after 2 months...then the led lights in all doors and footwell lights went out. All to do with a control module attached to indicator/wiper stalks... Changed, recoded and all good! Had them change my dodgy fold out door seals as well and fix the rusty brake hubs/drums! My F15 was one of the first in UK and had a few issues, all sorted now and John Clark Tayside have been fab tbh...
The brake disk hubs are rusting on my 6 week old X5 - should I complain?
      08-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #40
bigyin71
Rep

Quote:
The brake disk hubs are rusting on my 6 week old X5 - should I complain?
BMW will only fix them in first year(according to dealer) so yes, complain! Shouldn't happen on such an expensive luxury car. My wife's new 3GT has alloy hubs that won't rust...why they fitted crap to the X5? No one knows...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 02:52 AM   #41
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

My X5's in to have various 'issues' sorted next Friday, I'll add the rusty brakes to the list! Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 03:40 AM   #42
MJF120
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 25D

Please can you share what they say about the rusty brakes? I'm assuming they'll just say it's normal but it would be good to know if someone has actually had them fixed. I'm not really sure how they would fix them - replace them with parts that will in turn rust a few weeks later?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 04:41 AM   #43
6605paull
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
My X5's in to have various 'issues' sorted next Friday, I'll add the rusty brakes to the list! Thanks for the advice.
Be interesting to see if they notice or comment on the coding you have undertaken, good luck with getting the brakes sorted I agree should not happen on premium cars
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #44
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6605paull View Post
Be interesting to see if they notice or comment on the coding you have undertaken, good luck with getting the brakes sorted I agree should not happen on premium cars
Thanks, the fact that they paint the hubs in the factory (albeit with cheap silver paint) to my mind makes that surface the same as any other painted surface on the car - it shouldn't go rusty - period. I never use caustic or acid based wheel cleaner by the way as that's a valid 'get out of jail' card for the dealer I guess.

I did loads of coding on my F25 X3 and never received a single comment during the two years I had it, you'd think the errors generated when coding some modules would be recorded on the key-fob though they never mentioned it.

Last edited by CatFlap; 08-16-2014 at 06:20 AM..
Appreciate 0