08-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #45
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
The brake disk hubs are rusting on my 6 week old X5 - should I complain?
Mine are rusting too but then they're only regular steel aren't they which will rust.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #46
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
Mine are rusting too but then they're only regular steel aren't they which will rust.
Silver Hammerite!
      08-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #47
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Angry

Quote:
Thanks, the fact that they paint the hubs in the factory (albeit with cheap silver paint) to my mind makes that surface the same as any other painted surface on the car - it shouldn't go rusty - period. I never use caustic or acid based wheel cleaner by the way as that's a valid 'get out of jail' card for the dealer I guess.

I did loads of coding on my F25 X3 and never received a single comment during the two years I had it, you'd think the errors generated when coding some modules would be recorded on the key-fob though they never mentioned it.
Took my X5 in to the dealer as arranged last Friday. They had on the list of jobs to do:
  • Towbar re-wire (missing 12V auxiliary supplies),
  • Fix rear comfort seat rattle (second attempt)
  • Replace drivers door puddle light,
  • Had iDrive reboot a couple of times - investigate cause / rectify
  • Stop button sometimes needs multiple presses to stop engine - investigate cause / rectify
  • Sort out rusty brake disk hubs
  • Identify cause of transmission noise heard at low speeds (<=10mph) at light throttle - sounds like heat shield vibration / resonance (IMO) also makes strange rattling noise under the car on the overrun slowing from 30-20mph

I booked the car in at 7:45am. Since i was collecting another new car for my wife on the same day I was still at the dealers at 11am - my X5 was still in the car park though it had been moved along a couple of spaces
Later that day at 2pm I receive a phone call from the service department informing me that they would not have time to sort out all of the problems and they need the car for another THREE DAYS!!! I reluctantly agreed to book the car back in late next week and requested that they make good use of the time available and get as much work as possible done whilst the car was still there. I collected the car at 5pm only to find that, as far as I can see, nothing had been done to the car at all that day They really are taking the piss now, they could have at least fixed the simple jobs like the puddle light and painted the brakes but no, they obviously had better things to do.

Apparently he reasons for the delays are:
  • Theres a major software update that my car needs which 'will sort out a lot of my cars problems' and it takes 7-8 hours to load...
  • The tow bar re-wire is much more complicated to do than they first thought
  • The rear seat has to come out to fix the rattle

I think they just forgot to order the parts required, that wouldn't be the first time that has happened I'm sure!
      08-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #48
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Took my X5 in to the dealer as arranged last Friday. They had on the list of jobs to do:
  • Towbar re-wire (missing 12V auxiliary supplies),
  • Fix rear comfort seat rattle (second attempt)
  • Replace drivers door puddle light,
  • Had iDrive reboot a couple of times - investigate cause / rectify
  • Stop button sometimes needs multiple presses to stop engine - investigate cause / rectify
  • Sort out rusty brake disk hubs
  • Identify cause of transmission noise heard at low speeds (<=10mph) at light throttle - sounds like heat shield vibration / resonance (IMO) also makes strange rattling noise under the car on the overrun slowing from 30-20mph

I booked the car in at 7:45am. Since i was collecting another new car for my wife on the same day I was still at the dealers at 11am - my X5 was still in the car park though it had been moved along a couple of spaces
Later that day at 2pm I receive a phone call from the service department informing me that they would not have time to sort out all of the problems and they need the car for another THREE DAYS!!! I reluctantly agreed to book the car back in late next week and requested that they make good use of the time available and get as much work as possible done whilst the car was still there. I collected the car at 5pm only to find that, as far as I can see, nothing had been done to the car at all that day They really are taking the piss now, they could have at least fixed the simple jobs like the puddle light and painted the brakes but no, they obviously had better things to do.

Apparently he reasons for the delays are:
  • Theres a major software update that my car needs which 'will sort out a lot of my cars problems' and it takes 7-8 hours to load...
  • The tow bar re-wire is much more complicated to do than they first thought
  • The rear seat has to come out to fix the rattle

I think they just forgot to order the parts required, that wouldn't be the first time that has happened I'm sure!
CatFlap, not good eh. Which dealer did you go to?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #49
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
CatFlap, not good eh. Which dealer did you go to?
Ryb*ook...

This is their last chance to resolve the issues with my X5, I'll almost certainly be taking our business elsewhere if they fail this time!

Last edited by CatFlap; 08-24-2014 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 12:41 AM   #50
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Ryb*ook...

This is their last chance to resolve the issues with my X5, I'll almost certainly be taking our business elsewhere if they fail this time!
If you are in Worcestershire you might be close to Cotswold BMW?
I have bought a few cars from 'em and always found their service Department (in Cheltenham) top notch.

I think they have a dealership in the wilds of Tewkesbury.

Good luck.

PS Interested about your rusty break disks. I had that on my E70 but on this car they look like new. No marks at all. Strange eh.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 03:20 AM   #51
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
If you are in Worcestershire you might be close to Cotswold BMW?
I have bought a few cars from 'em and always found their service Department (in Cheltenham) top notch.

I think they have a dealership in the wilds of Tewkesbury.

Good luck.

PS Interested about your rusty break disks. I had that on my E70 but on this car they look like new. No marks at all. Strange eh.
I realise we're a bit but yes I've been there in the past though never dealt with them, they're having a new facility built in Cheltenham which is rumored to be one of, if not the biggest BMW deslerships in the UK.

http://www.cotswoldgroup.com/news/new-cotswold-flagship-dealership
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 04:35 AM   #52
zacklee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
Speeding up mirror folding when locking vehicle with fob or comfort access, you don't have to keep your finger on the button for seconds like standard.
Enabling Enhanced Bluetooth option 6NS if not ordered.
Enable extra speed display for the onboard computer display in dash.
Enable High Beam assist automatically rather than having to turn on every time.
Enabling one touch close for boot from fob or button inside drivers door.
Enable video in motion.
Disable seat belt gong.
Enable auto drive off for park brake.

These are just a few of the things I have coded for mine.
Do you have the coding list available? I would like to code the break park auto release.
Appreciate 0