BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-06-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

CBS Vehicle Check

My -independent- SA told me to do the following:

"A CBS Vehicle check is a maintenance item that BMW has to keep up with the state of health on the vehicle. It's a road test, physical inspection, and most importantly an electrical check of all the systems. BMW put this into the maintenance schedule because there are many systems that will store fault data but will never turn a warning light on. Things like your seats,climate control, windows, body controllers, etc. They all have the ability to recognize a problem but will never notify the driver. This is to keep the interface between you and the vehicle seamless. This is a service that is tracked and due by time, mileage, and specific intervals."

Has anyone done it, is it worth doing, or waste of $115? From cost, it appears it will take them 3/4 hr, as they change $158/hr for labor.
I got dongle to check for errors, so I find it an overkill, at least on the surface.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
gvarr03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY'15 X5 xDrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by menelaos View Post
My -independent- SA told me to do the following:

"A CBS Vehicle check is a maintenance item that BMW has to keep up with the state of health on the vehicle. It's a road test, physical inspection, and most importantly an electrical check of all the systems. BMW put this into the maintenance schedule because there are many systems that will store fault data but will never turn a warning light on. Things like your seats,climate control, windows, body controllers, etc. They all have the ability to recognize a problem but will never notify the driver. This is to keep the interface between you and the vehicle seamless. This is a service that is tracked and due by time, mileage, and specific intervals."

Has anyone done it, is it worth doing, or waste of $115? From cost, it appears it will take them 3/4 hr, as they change $158/hr for labor.
I got dongle to check for errors, so I find it an overkill, at least on the surface.

Get a Rheingold ISTA and check for yourself
Appreciate 1
menelaos1226.00