11-02-2023, 08:37 PM   #23
MyF15+F85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 and 2015 F15

2015 x5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlekid95 View Post
Has anyone else expirienced anything like this? I’ve searched the forum but only found issues on plastic bumpers and spoilers. This is happening the whole way across the leading edge of the roof. I’ve been covering it with BMW touch up paint but it’s almost coming off faster then I can cover it. My X5 is a 2014 so WELL out of warranty so I have yet to contact the dealer about it. It’s garage kept but I do use automatic car washes. But this is the only issue spot I have.
I got the same exact thing, went to BMW dealer made pictures and sent it to BMW headquarters Munchen, 1.5 years ago and ......NOTHING
BMW service advisor first tried to tell me that it is usually due to windshield replacement where someone would literally scratch off the paint. I said OK, but my glass is original !. Well then ....hmmmm and nothing since then.
Mine looks way worse than yours though. I got the same pealing effect on the lower part of the front both doors . My white paint is coming off as well , and yes it could have been stone chipped at some point but.... paint comes of in blisters and there is NO RUST just the paint grey/green primer showing underneath.
I think we do have rust perforation warranty regardless of mileage for 12 years. But I got no rust just paint pealing so they probably think screw you buddy no free paint job for you .
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 08:56 PM   #24
Djhumvee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Only thing I could rationalize is that stone chip allowed the high pressure water to get in there and it released from underneath in a big chunk.
That's pretty much exactly what I was saying. Due to an adhesion problem with the paint once you do get a stone chip the paint will start flaking/chipping/peeling such as the pictures CLEARLY show.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 08:40 AM   #25
Ljbuck7
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F15 x5 35d

Seems like its an issue with white paint.. Mine is white an chipping in that area as well
Appreciate 1