BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
Sir_Ben
Wales
Rep
Drives: X5 x30d M-Sport (f15)

My new X5 is ahead of schedule

Called in to my dealer this morning as I'm off on a trip for 5 weeks, and I wanted to confirm that delivery is still going to be early May as promised for my new x30d M-sport.

I was pleasantly surprised when he checked and found that the build had been completed and it had left the factory to make its way to the dealer. I still don't take possession any earlier but at least I know that it will be there when I get home, and not subject to some of the delays that others have reported.

Don't know why - maybe its because I've gone for Glacier Silver and it's one of the less popular colours, it would appear - but I'm not complaining.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Ben View Post
Called in to my dealer this morning as I'm off on a trip for 5 weeks, and I wanted to confirm that delivery is still going to be early May as promised for my new x30d M-sport.

I was pleasantly surprised when he checked and found that the build had been completed and it had left the factory to make its way to the dealer. I still don't take possession any earlier but at least I know that it will be there when I get home, and not subject to some of the delays that others have reported.

Don't know why - maybe its because I've gone for Glacier Silver and it's one of the less popular colours, it would appear - but I'm not complaining.
Can you tell me when you ordered it?
      03-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:

You lucky bugger!

I was told (today) my 3D M Sport, ordered 18th January is now scheduled to be built w/c 7th April and delivery 4 weeks later!

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
Sir_Ben
Wales
Rep

I just checked the order paperwork - I placed the order and paid the deposit on 6th February. I was told that the build date was going to be 15th April, so it was quite a pleasant surprise to be told that it had just cleared the factory!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
I just checked the order paperwork - I placed the order and paid the deposit on 6th February. I was told that the build date was going to be 15th April, so it was quite a pleasant surprise to be told that it had just cleared the factory!
I am green with envy.

What's your spec?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
Sir_Ben
Wales
Rep

F15 X5xDrive30d M Sport N57
Glacier Silver
Black Dakota leather
Standard M Sport package plus:

Cold weather package (Front/rear/steering wheel)
Towbar, fully electric
Towing capacity, increased
19" 467M alloy wheels
Reversing assist camera
Sun protection glass
Comfort seats, front
Lumbar support, driver & front passenger
Internet
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

I'm going to ring the dealer for an update tomorrow, my orders been in since the 7th March though was not going to be built until April too. The dealer delayed the build until april to get the updated spec. Really hope I don't have to wait until July.
Appreciate 0