BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #67
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg View Post
Anyone out there know how to code to unlock doors when engine is shut off? I see it on the F10 cheatsheet as ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR in the CAS module but couldn't find it anywhere. I have my X5 set to auto lock doors when put into drive and it would be nice to also have it auto unlock either when engine is shut off.

Also, I know there is a code for to keep fog lights on with high beams, but I was wondering if there was a way to code to remember fog light on/off status. I like the fog lights on with low beams but I am forced to manually turn them on every time.

Thanks.
+1 about the foglights! I prefer them on when headlights are on also, and it's really annoying to always push them - these should have had their own turn knob or something on the steering wheel like other cars do.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #68
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK will open the doors after ignition off. In BDC.
      05-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #69
ljxrayman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M Sport Mineral White

Any one tried to code to turn on the Wifi Hotspot and Glare-free Highbeam? I was able to turn on the Wifi hotspot feature but cannot tick the Wifi option in the iDrive. (It's there, but just cannot be selected)

For the Glare-free Highbeam, I didn't go with VO coding, but I changed the following:

KAFAS2 => 3050 => FLA_ON_OFF => aktiv
HU_NBT => 3000 => HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT => aktiv
KAFAS2 => 3050 =>GLAREFREE_HIGHBEAM_ENABLED=>Werte=01

Yet, the Highbeam still does NOT work as advertised (no tunnel view when approaching vehicle ahead, and still auto-switched off when approaching on-coming vehicle)

Anyone was able to get these two features working?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #70
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK will open the doors after ignition off. In BDC.
Found it at
Bdc body
3040 vamaster
VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #71
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep

So, nobody with ideas on a way to code to remember last fog light status?

1. Seat ventilation: Still weak with changed settings. Not sure if I should revert them to original settings or try lower ones. Any experiences out there?

2. Steering wheel raise on exit: I think there is an option to code to disable this feature but I haven't figured out which one it is yet, but would appreciate help:
I am always impatient when starting my car and am ready to pull out. The steering wheel takes too long to return to its last programmed position. I find myself trying to back out of parking spaces while the wheel is still moving back to its position. Is there a way to code the X5 so that it just leaves the steering wheel position alone and doesn't raise it when you power off the vehicle? My last car had a menu option to disable this feature, but didn't see it in the settings menus.

Thanks. I'm always on the lookout for new options to code if anyone has found anything new, I would be interested to hear about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #72
csemaa
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 2015 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffith_500 View Post
Thanks for all your input and the cheat sheet, I was able to code a few things.

A few things left to do, maybe someone with experience can tell my in which modules to find those as they don't seem to be in BDC Body, Kombi or HU_NBT. I can't start the engine when coding and am afraid of draining the battery if I continue to look through each CAFD.

MACRO_CAM_LEGALDISCLAIMER

V_SCHWELLE_1
V_SCHWELLE_2

SV_Activate_Speed_Limit initwert / Werte=0F
SV_Deactivate_Speed

SBR_FA_GWF_SBR_FA

NAVI_FUELSTOP_PROPOSAL

Anybody found these yet?

Many thanks!
andy
Griffith - where did you find the SV_Activate_Speed_Limit in which module?
if i want the camera on at all speed, do i need to change the were for SV_Deactivate_Speed too ?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #73
golovan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg View Post
Anyone out there know how to code to unlock doors when engine is shut off? I see it on the F10 cheatsheet as ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR in the CAS module but couldn't find it anywhere. I have my X5 set to auto lock doors when put into drive and it would be nice to also have it auto unlock either when engine is shut off.

Also, I know there is a code for to keep fog lights on with high beams, but I was wondering if there was a way to code to remember fog light on/off status. I like the fog lights on with low beams but I am forced to manually turn them on every time.

Thanks.
+1 about the foglights! I prefer them on when headlights are on also, and it's really annoying to always push them - these should have had their own turn knob or something on the steering wheel like other cars do.
I thought we coded your car to have fog lights on with high beams.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #74
golovan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70 View Post
Vented seat temp? Can someone explain?
It is to freeze your ass off.
It is to lower the temp for the seat ventilation. I don't have this option in my car, but Ziphoria and Nikonman has it and I code it for them. They told me that they can feel it cooler now, but not to the point where it will freeze your ass.
If you live in Cali or Texas, you probably will need it. But you have to have the ventilation seat option.
You can set the seat heating into higher temp also, but I haven't tested it. Maybe someone in the east coast can confirm what is the best temp setting.
I did change temp settings for seat vent, but I do not feel they helped a lot. Ventilation is not even close to what I had on my F10 which I thought was weak.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #75
golovan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
Hey, so you got your car to start up?
The car only need to sleep through the night I guess, right?

LOL, I left it for a few hours, but the codes were at default values. Someone remotely connected and re-coded the vehicle

My SA told me that he would reset the vehicle so I could start fresh lol... he wants me to code his new X5 too... so I'm excited! You have been of great help r33! Thanks a bunch!

I re-coded my vehicle just for practive and I found a way to increase the LED Corona brightness to 99%, just like my '13 X6. BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT!

There is some coding about Blu-Ray, but I suppose you have to have BR drive or something like that...

The rear glow lights also stay on during the day which is cool! The glow looks awesome!
Can you please share what you coded to get LED brightness to 99%?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #76
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovan View Post
Yes, that's different Rauan ; that works perfectly. The setting we are now looking for is so that the fog lights stay on as default setting. Every time we turn on our X5's, only the headlights come on (when the knob is auto or on). The LED fogs, however, have to be turned on every time with the fog light button on the left side of the steering wheel.

What we want is for the fog light setting to always be on with the headlight without having to always press the fog light button. So far no one seems to have understood or answered this.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #77
golovan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by golovan View Post
Yes, that's different Rauan ; that works perfectly. The setting we are now looking for is so that the fog lights stay on as default setting. Every time we turn on our X5's, only the headlights come on (when the knob is auto or on). The LED fogs, however, have to be turned on every time with the fog light button on the left side of the steering wheel.

What we want is for the fog light setting to always be on with the headlight without having to always press the fog light button. So far no one seems to have understood or answered this.
Ah, I see. Interesting
Please let me know if you guys find it.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #78
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post

I understand this. And it's not possible. There's no value that exists to enable this.
      05-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #79
griffith_500
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X5 50i F15, F430 Spider

Finally found out how to disable the automatic retraction of the steering column when exiting:

BDC Body / V_MAX_AKTIVER_EINSTIEG_AKTIV
BDC Body / V_MAX_DEAKTIVIER_EINSTIEG_AKTIV
both need to be set to active

in addition, check that both:
BDC Body / V_MAX_AKTIVIERUNG_EINSTIEG
BDC Body / V_MAX_DEAKTIVIER_EINSTIEG
are set to wert_01 = 00 00

enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 12:56 AM   #80
rawskyb
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Brad,

The rear DRL is the same as when you turn on your light at night. Except this time it will be on all the time.
It is separate then the brake light itself.
Just switch on your light manually and look on the back light. That's how it will looks light when it is set to be on all the time.
So does anyone know for certain whether the rear DRLs can be enabled on an F15 WITHOUT Automatic High Beams (5AC) included in the Lighting Package (ZLP)? I heard you can only get rear DRLs enabled if you have that option.

Has anyone successfully enabled rear DRLs without the lighting package, and if so, do you have the coding for it??
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 02:05 AM   #81
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawskyb
Quote:
Brad,

The rear DRL is the same as when you turn on your light at night. Except this time it will be on all the time.
It is separate then the brake light itself.
Just switch on your light manually and look on the back light. That's how it will looks light when it is set to be on all the time.
So does anyone know for certain whether the rear DRLs can be enabled on an F15 WITHOUT Automatic High Beams (5AC) included in the Lighting Package (ZLP)? I heard you can only get rear DRLs enabled if you have that option.

Has anyone successfully enabled rear DRLs without the lighting package, and if so, do you have the coding for it??
Rawskyb,
I haven't code one without the auto high beam, but it should work.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #82
rawskyb
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Rawskyb,
I haven't code one without the auto high beam, but it should work.
Thanks R33, I would also think this should be possible, just looking for someone to confirm if they have gotten it to work without auto high beams.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #83
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffith_500 View Post
Finally found out how to disable the automatic retraction of the steering column when exiting:

BDC Body / V_MAX_AKTIVER_EINSTIEG_AKTIV
BDC Body / V_MAX_DEAKTIVIER_EINSTIEG_AKTIV
both need to be set to active

in addition, check that both:
BDC Body / V_MAX_AKTIVIERUNG_EINSTIEG
BDC Body / V_MAX_DEAKTIVIER_EINSTIEG
are set to wert_01 = 00 00

enjoy!
Thanks, this did the trick! Those wert values looked like they were correct to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #84
mattbar1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M Sport 50i

Thumbs up

Quote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Here is the cheat sheet for now as promised.
Gotta run for now, there are a lot more basics coding that can be looked under F10 or F30 cheat sheet, but yet to confirmed.
The cheat sheet is full access to anyone, feel free to edit, add, and correct.
Thanks for this!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 02:36 AM   #85
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Sorry for the lame questions (new to coding, spent an entire evening reading tons of FAQs, manuals/etc. and setting up everything to work as intended), but:

1) Provided I'm not coding anything engine-related (DME ECU), is it safe to start the engine and then proceed to coding (in order not to stress the battery)? Or should I just turn the ignition on - i.e. w/o actually starting the engine?
2) Approximately how long do simple things take to code in (provided you know your way around e-sys and generally know what you're doing), like M-splash screen, video in motion (i.e. HU_NBT stuff) and trunk close via keyfob/button and some HUD turn-signals coding (i.e. HKFM and KOMBI)?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 02:44 AM   #86
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
Sorry for the lame questions (new to coding, spent an entire evening reading tons of FAQs, manuals/etc. and setting up everything to work as intended), but:

1) Provided I'm not coding anything engine-related (DME ECU), is it safe to start the engine and then proceed to coding (in order not to stress the battery)? Or should I just turn the ignition on - i.e. w/o actually starting the engine?
2) Approximately how long do simple things take to code in (provided you know your way around e-sys and generally know what you're doing), like M-splash screen, video in motion (i.e. HU_NBT stuff) and trunk close via keyfob/button and some HUD turn-signals coding (i.e. HKFM and KOMBI)?
1) Either way doesn't hurt. DME is the one where you need engine on because battery does not have enough power. Realistically though, it's better to just code with the engine on - less stress on battery as you mentioned. That's what I do.

2) I would say it takes about 2 minutes per code because you have to locate which folder everything is in, but r33's cheat sheet makes things much faster. The more practice you have, the faster you will get because you will pretty much know things by heart. Here's something I wrote up with bits of help provided by many people from the forums:

Quick tips:
1) Make sure under E-Sys => Options => Settings => Program tab => Memory Requirement => RAM is set to 1024 or you will likely be unable to read BDC. Do NOT use anything larger than 1024, or E-Sys will be unable to Open, and you will have to reinstall it.
2) When you connect - you connect via your VIN using the ENET cable and your computer. The Target connection is F25 since the F15 uses similar coding to the X3. Don't select the _DIRECT target version. That's only for use with MOTOR coding/modules, which you won't ever need or use unless something is really messed up and you get an advanced coder to help you reset your motor etc.
3) RIGHT CLICK to activate each folder or read each folder or code each module - DO NOT by any means CODE Default Values or CODE a whole folder - when you right click to CODE, do it for the individual module you are editing only.

ESYS Coding steps simplified: Esys has a left window, a right window, a bottom left window where folders/files show up; it has a buttons section on the bottom right window area.
1) Read FA folder- located at the top left window - must right click and activate first and then you will be able to read it.
2) Read ECU - button on the bottom right side after you've selected the FA module
3) Read code for SVT folder in the bottom left window.
4) Code the desired module by right clicking it and selecting Edit FDL.
5) Save the editing using either the right button to save or right click to save or save via the prompt after it shows up.
6) Right click the module you just finished editing and select Code FDL.
      07-22-2014, 03:33 AM   #87
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
1) Either way doesn't hurt. DME is the one where you need engine on because battery does not have enough power. Realistically though, it's better to just code with the engine on - less stress on battery as you mentioned. That's what I do.

2) I would say it takes about 2 minutes per code because you have to locate which folder everything is in, but r33's cheat sheet makes things much faster. The more practice you have, the faster you will get because you will pretty much know things by heart. Here's something I wrote up with bits of help provided by many people from the forums:
Thanks a ton, opasha! I'll keep the engine running then. The cable is due for delivery today so I'm good to go r33's cheat sheet is indeed helpful, I've also downloaded lots of e-sys FAQs with screenshots/etc. plus cheat sheets for various Fxx and couldn't help but notice that the coding stuff is either exactly the same across the range or very, very similar. Plus I found this BMW CAFD ID's cheat sheet which should help me navigate and easily locate the CAFD in which to locate the HU_NBT/etc. (kinda makes no sense to load all if you're not coding them, right?)

Only one question left on the table... How to code the Auto Start-Stop function to start as last used (i.e. disabled in my case ))? Found these in pre-LCI F10 (standard in LCI) cheat sheet:

For last used: CAS => 3000 => TC_MSA_MEMORY => aktiv
For always off: CAS => 3000 => TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF => aktiv

Is it the same in the F15?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 03:39 AM   #88
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
Thanks a ton, opasha! I'll keep the engine running then. The cable is due for delivery today so I'm good to go r33's cheat sheet is indeed helpful, I've also downloaded lots of e-sys FAQs with screenshots/etc. plus cheat sheets for various Fxx and couldn't help but notice that the coding stuff is either exactly the same across the range or very, very similar. Plus I found this BMW CAFD ID's cheat sheet which should help me navigate and easily locate the CAFD in which to locate the HU_NBT/etc. (kinda makes no sense to load all if you're not coding them, right?)

Only one question left on the table... How to code the Auto Start-Stop function to start as last used (i.e. disabled in my case ))? Found these in pre-LCI F10 (standard in LCI) cheat sheet:

For last used: CAS => 3000 => TC_MSA_MEMORY => aktiv
For always off: CAS => 3000 => TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF => aktiv

Is it the same in the F15?
You're most welcome, my friend . Thanks for the CAFD sheet. I'll be using that as well when I re-code my car when it returns either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Funny you mention Auto Start-Stop. I actually found the same codes you wrote. From what I remember, CAS is BDC_body on the F15. However, I will double check when I load everything up. I'll post back everything up when I code it. I was going to do Default Off as I had chosen before when golovan remotely coded for me.

Also, here's the F25 cheat sheet that I also found useful since we are using F25 as our target vehicle: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FTE9MS3c#gid=0

@r33, is CAS in BDC_body? Thanks.