Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
I have finally updated the F15 CHEAT SHEET: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9s4/edit#gid=0 in the OP with the OP coding list (they are all deleted now and I will only post FA coding in the coding list), lots of new codes, and I organized it all so each ECU is together for much easier coding (the codes that were together in different ECUs I left alone and just added around them to make it all flow). It took me a good two hours . I will add more as I test them when I get my car back. Right now I added the ones I think/know work on our F15. If one in there does not work, let me know and I will remove it. Also, if you guys find new codes that work, let me know and I will update the cheat sheet. I hope this makes everything much easier for everybody .

I have also added notes for some of the codes so you will see tiny black corner marks for codes that have my notes. If anyone is confused on anything, I will add notes to those codes as well. Thanks.

Now to catch up on some much needed sleep, goodnight/good morning!
You are the man!! Thanks! Just in time Just finished setting up my MacBook with bootcamped Win7 and installed Esys, pszdata and token solution! I will try it tonight on 1 day old car
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #530
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haris View Post
You are the man!! Thanks! Just in time Just finished setting up my MacBook with bootcamped Win7 and installed Esys, pszdata and token solution! I will try it tonight on 1 day old car
You're very welcome, Haris . Congrats on finally getting your X5! Let me know if you need any help or find anything confusing. Happy coding!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #531
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks to Opasha my less than a day old car is already coded!!
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #532
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
@Haris, can you give some feedback on your LEDs now that I enabled VLD for it. @hyde and a few others wanted to know and see the effects. Can you take some pictures of how the low beam and high beam patterns look from outside your X5 without the fogs on? That would be most helpful. Thank you!

I think there are also a few other members I helped code that have LED lighting package. Can you guys also post your LED beam pictures without fogs on now that I enabled VLD for you. This will be most helpful for everyone to see how the pattern of light moves/changes from low beam to high beam. We already have plenty of pictures in another thread discussing the shadows and how the peripheral vision of the LEDs is weak without VLD. Thanks!!
      11-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #533
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
@Haris, can you give some feedback on your LEDs now that I enabled VLD for it. @hyde and a few others wanted to know and see the effects. Can you take some pictures of how the low beam and high beam patterns look from outside your X5 without the fogs on? That would be most helpful. Thank you!

I think there are also a few other members I helped code that have LED lighting package. Can you guys also post your LED beam pictures without fogs on now that I enabled VLD for you. This will be most helpful for everyone to see how the pattern of light moves/changes from low beam to high beam. We already have plenty of pictures in another thread discussing the shadows and how the peripheral vision of the LEDs is weak without VLD. Thanks!!
Sure will try to record something tomorrow. This enhancement also applies to cars without LED package right? Because I don't have that
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #534
shin73
Japan
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 ZCP (2016)

Hi. am just about to go forward with my first coding, and just installed E-sys. Question is, is there supposed to be a EDIABAS folder? Installation of E-sys did not generate any such folder and I can't seem to find a trace of any file that has EDIABAS in it.

Car is arriving tomorrow, all I need is for the cable to arrive (thanks @r33!)
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #535
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sure will try to record something tomorrow. This enhancement also applies to cars without LED package right? Because I don't have that
Ohhh, you have Bi-Xenon like me? Then don't worry about it. I thought you had LED. People wanted pictures to see if LED VLD had a huge difference with the low beam pattern where they saw shadows. Also, VLD works on both LED and Bi-Xenon. I have it on mine too, and it works very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin73 View Post
Hi. am just about to go forward with my first coding, and just installed E-sys. Question is, is there supposed to be a EDIABAS folder? Installation of E-sys did not generate any such folder and I can't seem to find a trace of any file that has EDIABAS in it.

Car is arriving tomorrow, all I need is for the cable to arrive (thanks @r33!)
EDIABAS is no longer used. It's a diagnostic tool. You don't need to worry about that. ESYS has its own called Transmitter now for clearing codes. I've updated the OP to address this since people still seem to get confused about EDIABAS. Regarding your car arrival, that's great news! Congrats .

Last edited by opasha; 11-27-2014 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #536
shin73
Japan
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 ZCP (2016)

Thanks @Opasha. Noted EDIABAS is no longer required. Guess I'm all set then. Will report in a few days time how things turn out
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #537
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin73 View Post
Thanks @Opasha. Noted EDIABAS is no longer required. Guess I'm all set then. Will report in a few days time how things turn out
Anytime, buddy . Sounds good, keep me posted if you need any assistance. Best of luck!
      11-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #538
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Here's another shot at posting the pic
Attached Images

11-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #539
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

When it's zoomed in. On the right side of the screen where the pdc images are, there's one for the front but not for the rear. It shows the zoomed in icon. I really love this feature. I can back right up on my own with perfect alignment.
      11-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #540
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

All hooked up
Attached Images

11-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #541
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Wow, I had no idea the trailer zoom was this useful. I didn't know the little bar moved with the hitch angle. That's awesome! Thanks for sharing, Shawn .
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #542
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Wow, I had no idea the trailer zoom was this useful. I didn't know the little bar moved with the hitch angle. That's awesome! Thanks for sharing, Shawn .
Yep you have the red and yellow distance bars and then the white bar give you your angle of approach. Pretty genius
      11-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #543
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
@opasha Just coded HU_NBT module with almost 95% of the stuff from cheat sheet. No issues

Btw, I remember reading somewhere that there is away to enable front/rear cameras at any speed. Is that correct and listed in cheat sheet somewhere? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #544
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
@opasha Just coded HU_NBT module with almost 95% of the stuff from cheat sheet. No issues

Btw, I remember reading somewhere that there is away to enable front/rear cameras at any speed. Is that correct and listed in cheat sheet somewhere? Thanks!
That's great .

Unfortunately, no. They don't exist in BDC_Body like in other models. If they did, it would be this coding:

D_SCHWELLE_1 = max distance in meters to disable top camera view - Change to Werte = FF
D_SCHWELLE_2 = max distance in meters to disable rear camera view - Change to Werte = FF
V_SCHWELLE_1 = max speed to disable top camera view - Change to Werte = FF
V_SCHWELLE_2 = max speed to disable rear camera view - Change to Werte = FF

I have searched and found nothing, and even @Hang0ver found something similar in the camera/lighting folders, but they were not of the same values and did not seem to work either. He posted about it a few pages back if I remember correctly. That was definitely a feature I would have liked to enable for myself and asked by many before. Too bad BMW decides to disable US codes and also throw away some other great codes from other cars like the HALO brightness, lol.
      11-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #545
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Unfortunately, no. They don't exist in BDC_Body like in other models. If they did, it would be this coding:
Ahh. Thanks for the info. Yeah I see F30 folks are able to do this.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #546
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ahh. Thanks for the info. Yeah I see F30 folks are able to do this.
Anytime, . I wish I had a master F25 code book from BMW AG, lol. I bet you we only know about 35% of the coding.
      11-28-2014, 12:23 AM   #547
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,
@opasha,
When you mentioned FDL coding folders individually, did you mean coding the whole Module after making all changes like once everything we need to change in BDC_BODY, we just go back up to BDC_BODY and hit Code FDL or would you suggest that make change to Function, then Code FDL, and then go to another Function and code that? For example I got 4 codes to change in HU_NBT, should I just make changes & code one by one, or make all 4 changes, and save and code FDL?

Also, I know you don't have HUD but I am interested in adding HUD Turnsignal. I see it has both HU_NBT and KOMBI. All three codes needed for turn signal to show up in HUD and we still can't get them to turn on individually right? I read your link to F10 thread, looks like they light up together which could be why this was not enabled or given as an option in HUD, I think that could be a little annoying.

Quote:
I have finally updated the F15 CHEAT SHEET: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9s4/edit#gid=0 in the OP with the OP coding list (they are all deleted now and I will only post FA coding in the coding list), lots of new codes, and I organized it all so each ECU is together for much easier coding (the codes that were together in different ECUs I left alone and just added around them to make it all flow). It took me a good two hours . I will add more as I test them when I get my car back. Right now I added the ones I think/know work on our F15. If one in there does not work, let me know and I will remove it. Also, if you guys find new codes that work, let me know and I will update the cheat sheet. I hope this makes everything much easier for everybody .

I have also added notes for some of the codes so you will see tiny black corner marks for codes that have my notes. If anyone is confused on anything, I will add notes to those codes as well. Thanks.

Now to catch up on some much needed sleep, goodnight/good morning!
I missed this post. Thanks for the update!!! I see you removed "Ja" column. What was it for? I am only asking because some codes I want to apply had Ja and some had - in that column.

Last edited by hyde; 11-28-2014 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #548
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone,
@opasha,
When you mentioned FDL coding folders individually, did you mean coding the whole Module after making all changes like once everything we need to change in BDC_BODY, we just go back up to BDC_BODY and hit Code FDL or would you suggest that make change to Function, then Code FDL, and then go to another Function and code that? For example I got 4 codes to change in HU_NBT, should I just make changes & code one by one, or make all 4 changes, and save and code FDL?

Also, I know you don't have HUD but I am interested in adding HUD Turnsignal. I see it has both HU_NBT and KOMBI. All three codes needed for turn signal to show up in HUD and we still can't get them to turn on individually right? I read your link to F10 thread, looks like they light up together which could be why this was not enabled or given as an option in HUD, I think that could be a little annoying.
You misunderstood . You change all the functions you want as a whole in EACH ECU FOLDER (HU_NBT for example). Then save, then go back, and it will automatically keep the CAFD module that you just edited/changed highlighted. This is what you are fdl coding so after pressing back, just hit "code fdl."

The HUD turn signal is actually not that annoying. They both show up as grey/dimmed white, and the one turning is blinking green. I saw it live when I coded @Hang0ver's car in person and taught him coding. It's not bad at all; if I had HUD, I would code it because it's useful especially because I keep my steering wheel in the lowest position (aggressive driving stance) and this blocks me from seeing my blinkers in my cluster.
      11-28-2014, 12:32 AM   #549
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
I missed this post. Thanks for the update!!! I see you removed "Ja" column. What was it for? I am only asking because some codes I want to apply had Ja and some had - in that column.
No clue, seemed irrelevant to me and was just adding confusion. I think he put them there as place holders only. Thus, I removed all the extra stuff since adding columns and rows is very easy. It was my first time in years using and learning excel all over again believe it or not .

It also could have meant that he "just added" those codes.
      11-28-2014, 12:40 AM   #550
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Quote:
Ohhh, you have Bi-Xenon like me? Then don't worry about it. I thought you had LED. People wanted pictures to see if LED VLD had a huge difference with the low beam pattern where they saw shadows. Also, VLD works on both LED and Bi-Xenon. I have it on mine too, and it works very well.
I don't visit the forums one day, I miss a whole lot of stuff, @Haris gets his car, codes it the same day, @opasha updates the amazing F15 coding list, @MattBianco lets go of one of the ropes holding the floats down and it makes it to 7 o clock news (nah, that part is a joke but I bet he made it to news waving behind one of the reporters)