BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #45
ek1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWK View Post
Has everyone lost thier marbles?? this move from a beautiful flowing and wholly integrated dash to one that has a TV sitting in the middle of the dash is ridiculous. I took a 6 for a test drive. When I got in the car I told the sales rep he could "drop the screen." Thats when I was first told that the stupid screen sitting like a wart on the dash and in plain view would not retract.

What a great car. But what a stupid idea not to have that silly screen retract. Now they are doing the same thing to the X5 and others in their line up. Its gross. I thought the new ML's interior sucked because of all the brightwork. But at least they dont put a big lump of coal in the middle of the dash that i have to stare at.

When are these guys going to get this message. At he Tor car show the sales guys told me EVERYONE is complaining about the botched 6 and 3 series dashboards.

So I guess its a range rover to get the groceries. And yes i passed on the 6 too.
I am SO happy I got my 2012 before they start putting that horrific screen in the x5. It is an absolutely horrible idea that is right up there with 'eyebrow" headlights and a "bangle butt" on a 2002 7-series. It looks incredibly cheap and out of place on a luxury car. BMW dashboards were never beautiful, but at least the current one has decent lines and an OK layout.

I also totally agree about the Range Rover - the "cockpit" layout is gorgeous. I drove a 2007 RRS Supercharged for 3 years back in 2007 and loved it. I would have gotten an RRS Supercharged if it was not so slow compared to other vehicles in the performance SUV segment - x5M, Cayenne Turbo, ML63 AMG, etc.
Appreciate 0