BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-30-2017, 02:03 PM   #89
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive35d M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijaz429 View Post
I've had 2 of my cars trim and wheels autoflexed and they look awesome. I've never had the entire car done but this is spectacular. Guys in Philadelphia charge about $3500 for the same work so you got a great deal. Even though I wouldn't do the same colors and stripes to my car, I absolutely love what you did and the uniqueness of it. My point is to not let anyone tslk you into changing anything, you did a fantastic job.
Thanks and no way I'm changing anything unless I feel like changing.

But seriously, $3500 is way expensive for an autoflex job, its the highest I have heard so far. It also probably means that those guys will do a great job for that premium amount. Still it is coming close to a wrap job, see if you can talk them down or find other dealers around the area. Average cost is around $2500 to $2750 for a SUV/SAV.
      12-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #90
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdAge View Post
I was so tempted to gloss black out the wheels, the good thing about this is that even if I dont like the black wheels I can simply peel off the paint . I kinda like the reflectors, I know many here dont.
Here you go... I blacked out the wheels for you. (be careful driving it because it now has 20" tires on 22" rims and they are WAY out of balance )
Attached Images

Last edited by Chadmatic; 12-30-2017 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 6
DuSh2113.50
hdAge324.00
Violator4587.50
d_v_o_1111.00
kanvas649.00
nyalpine907439.00
      12-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #91
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

imho blacked out wheels look so good with that color
Appreciate 1
Chadmatic660.50
      12-30-2017, 10:16 PM   #92
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
Here you go... I blacked out the wheels for you. (be careful driving it because it now has 20" tires on 22" rims and they are WAY out of balance )
That does look good indeed... why didn't I think of photoshopping just to check it out . Wherever you got the wheels from, looks like they had Brembo brakes or maybe just M brakes? Here is the original pic btw,

12-30-2017, 10:17 PM   #93
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
imho blacked out wheels look so good with that color
I agree..
Chadmatic660.50
      12-31-2017, 07:09 AM   #94
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

I also think that with black wheels red accents and yellow reflectors look very good! It kinda ties the car together imho
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 10:00 AM   #95
TB151
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport

This is so damn cool. I'm interested in blacking out my oem summers now! I was just watching a ton of youtube videos. The ones from dipyourcar.com are great and their wheel kits look really interesting. Seems it could make alot of sense to do this while the wheels/tires are off for the winter. Anyone know if thier aerosol kits are any good?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 10:01 AM   #96
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB151 View Post
This is so damn cool. I'm interested in blacking out my oem summers now! I was just watching a ton of youtube videos. The ones from dipyourcar.com are great and their wheel kits look really interesting. Seems it could make alot of sense to do this while the wheels/tires are off for the winter. Anyone know if thier aerosol kits are any good?
They are. I have used them. Just make sure tires are clean and take your time for best finish.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #97
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
I also think that with black wheels red accents and yellow reflectors look very good! It kinda ties the car together imho
Yes, for sure. The black also matches with the window trims, CF mirror caps, tinted windows etc.
      12-31-2017, 12:05 PM   #98
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB151 View Post
Yes they are great and the key as Almaretto mentioned is to take time for a great finish. When I was shopping for a autoflex dealer I spoke to one dealer and he said there is no way autoflex paint can match to the level of OEM, well look at my X5 now and I can say for sure the auto flexed paint looks and feels better than my OEM paint.
      01-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #99
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Now that its been few weeks I wanted to write about some issues since when the paint has been applied

1. I have been getting a "Emergency call malfunction" and found out that the Antenna on the rear of the roof had some water and so it needs to be replaced. I tried making a SOS call and while the call did work the warning is not going away. F15 is a very sensitive vehicle and the computer throws warning if a component is slightly out of place or has other minor issues. Went to a dealer and got the part numbers of the antenna, parts and labor cost is coming to about $500. I did deduct this amount from the paint dealer, so am covered here.
2. The second minor issue is that the inside of door handles has the new paint and it covered the lights, so obviously I don't see the door handle lights in dark. This is a minor issue and the paint can be easily peeled off from that area.
3. The BC button on the outside of the turn signal doesn't seem to be working anymore, when I press the button it doesn't cycle through the different options and nothing happens. Not sure how this issue popped out. Anyone has any idea how I can fix this?

I have been getting PM's on autoflex and wanted to make aware of these issues. I would still highly recommend autoflex, but just watch for any issues like these that might show up right after the job.
      01-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #100
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Love the red stripe. Ignore these losers brother! People love to tell you your wrong
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 11:27 AM   #101
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Love the red stripe. Ignore these losers brother! People love to tell you your wrong
Nobody said that he was wrong, they offered their opinion just like you did. The difference is that they didn't resort to personally insulting you.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      01-08-2018, 05:37 PM   #102
Gilly1964
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 30d MSport

Quote:
People love to tell you you're wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #103
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Nobody said that he was wrong, they offered their opinion just like you did. The difference is that they didn't resort to personally insulting you.
Oh lol cmon man. Don't be a snowflake. Need a hug?

Point is he didn't ask for anyone's opinion of the red stripe but that doesn't stop people from saying how dumb they think it is. Or post pictures of dumb looking shoes that look nothing like his car. He said he's fine with it (and it's his car) so that should end the need for people to keep thinking it's necessary to say they don't like it again and again.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #104
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Now that its been few weeks I wanted to write about some issues since when the paint has been applied

1. I have been getting a "Emergency call malfunction" and found out that the Antenna on the rear of the roof had some water and so it needs to be replaced. I tried making a SOS call and while the call did work the warning is not going away. F15 is a very sensitive vehicle and the computer throws warning if a component is slightly out of place or has other minor issues. Went to a dealer and got the part numbers of the antenna, parts and labor cost is coming to about $500. I did deduct this amount from the paint dealer, so am covered here.
2. The second minor issue is that the inside of door handles has the new paint and it covered the lights, so obviously I don't see the door handle lights in dark. This is a minor issue and the paint can be easily peeled off from that area.
3. The BC button on the outside of the turn signal doesn't seem to be working anymore, when I press the button it doesn't cycle through the different options and nothing happens. Not sure how this issue popped out. Anyone has any idea how I can fix this?

I have been getting PM's on autoflex and wanted to make aware of these issues. I would still highly recommend autoflex, but just watch for any issues like these that might show up right after the job.
How would the BC button be affected you think? Is this the button on the end of the stalk you're referring to?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 11:59 PM   #105
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh lol cmon man. Don't be a snowflake. Need a hug?

Point is he didn't ask for anyone's opinion of the red stripe but that doesn't stop people from saying how dumb they think it is. Or post pictures of dumb looking shoes that look nothing like his car. He said he's fine with it (and it's his car) so that should end the need for people to keep thinking it's necessary to say they don't like it again and again.
You know... I thought you were a pretty cool forum member.

The only thing I have done is offer an opinion on a forum that seems to be all about opinions. I feel like hdAge and I both had a little fun with the shoe as he is a good sport and clearly knows the difference between an opinion and an insult, and by the way, I never said I didn't like the stripe. If you think the shoe looks "dumb" then that is your opinion, I don't think it looks dumb, it is an Air Jordan for goodness sake! That shoe was one of the most coveted shoes when I was in high school.

So here I am enjoying the playful banter with hdAge and others in this thread and then you come along and call me a loser and a snowflake (not very playful, and not very cool), remind me again what I said to you to offend you?

Last edited by Chadmatic; 01-09-2018 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 3
Hrmmm9.00
P111576.50
Doanster626.50
      01-09-2018, 02:28 AM   #106
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
How would the BC button be affected you think? Is this the button on the end of the stalk you're referring to?
Yes thats the button at the end of the stalk. keep hitting this button and the display changes to range, avg miles per gallon, date etc. Not sure why this has stopped working, it is possible it could be a coincidence but on the other hand I doubt that. Since when I got the car back from the paint job it has not worked. As I mentioned earlier these F15s are very sensitive. When I get my Antenna fixed, I will get the BC button checked up too, am hoping it is something minor.
      01-09-2018, 02:52 AM   #107
kanvas
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: V8

Quote:
You know, there's something about this look. It's like the wheels complete the whole bold color combo. We all had the discussion about the blue and red stripe combination, some saying it looks nice (as I did), some not. Honestly though, as much as I liked the color combo, something was off. Now I see it: it was the wheels! The larger black wheels just seals the deal. It brings in the blue and red together nicely.
Chadmatic660.50
      01-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #108
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvas View Post
You know, there's something about this look. It's like the wheels complete the whole bold color combo. We all had the discussion about the blue and red stripe combination, some saying it looks nice (as I did), some not. Honestly though, as much as I liked the color combo, something was off. Now I see it: it was the wheels! The larger black wheels just seals the deal. It brings in the blue and red together nicely.
There are two mods that I have been thinking of doing for a while now, one is 22" wheels and and the other M sport brakes. I would have pulled the trigger on 22" wheels had I got the 599M replica before BMW started tracking down all the replicas back in 2017. Now I'm thinking I will go with just either one of these mods as I have already spent more than what I thought I would on the mods so far. Now given how people drive in LA, I'm leaning towards M sport brakes. Last weekend I was driving about 45mph on a empty street late in the evening and someone just cut me entering the street from a gas station and for a quick moment I thought the stock brakes wouldn't hold up. I had to slam on the brakes and fortunately my X5 slowed down just enough and the gal who cut me also moved to the adjacent lane by that time. These are the moments I felt M sport brakes would be my first choice. I'm still planning to black out the wheels though
      01-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #109
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

Quote:
There are two mods that I have been thinking of doing for a while now, one is 22" wheels and and the other M sport brakes. I would have pulled the trigger on 22" wheels had I got the 599M replica before BMW started tracking down all the replicas back in 2017. Now I'm thinking I will go with just either one of these mods as I have already spent more than what I thought I would on the mods so far. Now given how people drive in LA, I'm leaning towards M sport brakes. Last weekend I was driving about 45mph on a empty street late in the evening and someone just cut me entering the street from a gas station and for a quick moment I thought the stock brakes wouldn't hold up. I had to slam on the brakes and fortunately my X5 slowed down just enough and the gal who cut me also moved to the adjacent lane by that time. These are the moments I felt M sport brakes would be my first choice. I'm still planning to black out the wheels though
it does look pretty good! what does caliper size/piston count have to do with single stop distance performance? any increases in performance stats for a single stop I'd attribute to tires. is there something I am missing?
      01-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #110
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
it does look pretty good! what does caliper size/piston count have to do with single stop distance performance? any increases in performance stats for a single stop I'd attribute to tires. is there something I am missing?
Isn't M performance brakes decrease the stopping distance compared to stock brakes? Yes it does depend on tires, but given the same type and condition of tires an M brake gotta be better than stock, especially in stopping distance. Anyone who has M brakes please comment. If this is not the case, then that would change my basic understanding of performance brakes.