BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

09-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #67
artem123
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
WTF? Ford Explorer isn't even in the same market. We are talking luxury SUV sales figures.. not ANY SUV... Majority of your posts here and on the Bimmerfest forums is nothing but trash talking with other members. Dude have a more positive attitude and lighten the hell up.. trust me you will enjoy life more this way.
I was about to go exactly the same road, and compare Nike sales numbers with iPhones. But then... ))))
      09-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #68
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I really like the new XC90, especially the R-Design. Still warming up to the rear though. My father had a rental V70 for a month last year and I absolutely loved driving it. The GPS was by far some of the best I've experienced in a long time.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 05:45 PM   #69
lowlevelhell
Herr Oberst
Rep
Drives: '15 F15, '16 G12

Quote:
WTF? Ford Explorer isn't even in the same market. We are talking luxury SUV sales figures.. not ANY SUV... Majority of your posts here and on the Bimmerfest forums is nothing but trash talking with other members. Dude have a more positive attitude and lighten the hell up.. trust me you will enjoy life more this way.
Numerous people cross-shop X5s with Volvos, Escalades, Explorers, Jeep Grand Cherokees, Infinitis, Mercedes, Land Cruisers, and more. You can get each within about 10k of one another, and folks compare bang-for-the-buck and capability. Heck, there was a guy on here not long ago who cross-shopped an Explorer. The F-150 Limited has an interior of excellent quality and will run you $70k. Maybe you're so rich you only shop for what you think are status cars. People with healthy but not extravagant budgets shop both.

Nikes and iPhones is a terrible analogy. But if you don't care for the above comparison, the F-150 outsells the Silverado. Well, no need to compare the two. Ford must be better, right?

I know who you are, too, Kzang. You have a nice car but little knowledge of how many of the systems actually function. You ask questions and get mad when someone gives you an answer you don't like. You don't like me. That's fine. Feel free not to respond and I'll do the same. I can do without your worn out "but it's a BMW, muffy, not some poor people car /chortle chortle/" brand of arrogance that ou continually display on here and at BF. Sometimes you seem decent and sometimes not. This must be one of your bad days. Let's agree to go our separate ways and save the site moderators the trouble.

Artem, nothing personal. I have no emotion invested in the discussion and thus it doesn't feel like an argument to me, just different opinions. Yes, BMW has marketed the heck out of the X5. That alone doesn't make it better than the Volvo. They're both excellent approaches to problem of movin people and things across terrain. I'd imagine the forthcoming X7 will be more comparable to the Volvo in handling dynamics and space.

Enjoy your X5!

Last edited by lowlevelhell; 09-08-2015 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 06:29 PM   #70
artem123
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevelhell
Quote:
Numerous people cross-shop X5s with Volvos, Escalades, Explorers, Jeep Grand Cherokees, Infinitis, Mercedes, Land Cruisers, and more. You can get each within about 10k of one another, and folks compare bang-for-the-buck and capability. Heck, there was a guy on here not long ago who cross-shopped an Explorer. The F-150 Limited has an interior of excellent quality and will run you $70k. Maybe you're so rich you only shop for what you think are status cars. People with healthy but not extravagant budgets shop both.

Nikes and iPhones is a terrible analogy. But if you don't care for the above comparison, the F-150 outsells the Silverado. Well, no need to compare the two. Ford must be better, right?

I know who you are, too, Kzang. You have a nice car but little knowledge of how many of the systems actually function. You ask questions and get mad when someone gives you an answer you don't like. You don't like me. That's fine. Feel free not to respond and I'll do the same. I can do without your worn out "but it's a BMW, muffy, not some poor people car /chortle chortle/" brand of arrogance that ou continually display on here and at BF. Sometimes you seem decent and sometimes not. This must be one of your bad days. Let's agree to go our separate ways and save the site moderators the trouble.

Artem, nothing personal. I have no emotion invested in the discussion and thus it doesn't feel like an argument to me, just different opinions. Yes, BMW has marketed the heck out of the X5. That alone doesn't make it better than the Volvo. They're both excellent approaches to problem of movin people and things across terrain. I'd imagine the forthcoming X7 will be more comparable to the Volvo in handling dynamics and space.

Enjoy your X5!
Bingo. I wasted few whole day to find one ( XC90), drove all the way to different state to take a test drive, finally, I could not even finish driving the thing back to the lot, that how Much I disliked it. I shopped Cayennes, and Touaregs. X5 was a clear winner. By far. Nothing personal) Volvo is still great. )
      09-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #71
lowlevelhell
Herr Oberst
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
Bingo. I wasted few whole day to find one ( XC90), drove all the way to different state to take a test drive, finally, I could not even finish driving the thing back to the lot, that how Much I disliked it. I shopped Cayennes, and Touaregs. X5 was a clear winner. By far. Nothing personal) Volvo is still great. )
What did you think of the Touareg? I have no driven one.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #72
artem123
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevelhell View Post
What did you think of the Touareg? I have no driven one.
I came to X5 from Touareg ( Second version, AKA T2), Leased it back in 2008 February, and sold in in March of this year. Sold it after my friend finally talked me into selling one to him ( after attacking me slowly for 2 years). Only car i ever kept after lease and loved every bit of it. Truly well build thing. Third generation ( current one) is great, fun to drive though lost some of toughness which first and second gen were known for. However when it was time for me to get one their lease program was horrid. I heard VW changed their lease programs now.
      09-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #73
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Woah, not a lot of Volvo love...but I suppose the inverse would play out on a Volvo forum. I love my Volvo, and I have a lot of respect for the new XC.

09-08-2015, 07:30 PM   #74
artem123
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskpsu View Post
Woah, not a lot of Volvo love...but I suppose the inverse would play out on a Volvo forum. I love my Volvo, and I have a lot of respect for the new XC.

Looks great!
      09-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #75
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevelhell View Post

Enjoy your X5!
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but my point was that you always tend want to argue with anyone here. All anyone needs to do to know you is take a brief moment at your posting history. You seem to have something against BMW's and its owners here.. if that is the case, you are definitely in the wrong forum.

And your remarks about me being rich and having no knowledge about my X5 is disturbing.... perhaps you should label every other members here the same since we all have the F15 X5/X6.

I will take your advice and just ignore you because you don't contribute to this or the other forums in anyway except bring threads like this down to bickering and senseless arguments.
      09-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #76
Saandiaago
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelve535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saandiaago View Post
Volvo makes great family cars. The XC90 is no joke. My wife loves her volvo and it does its job well keeping the kids safe and hauling them around comfortably. Comments about lack of power, etc are silly. Who needs a sport tuned suspension and massive horsepower in a family hauler? That's what my M is for and to me that is the purpose of a BMW.
IF you're driving a huge SUV, wouldn't you want the best possible driving experience? I don't think anyone expects it to handle like a M4 but an adaptive suspension that lets you choose between a soft comfort mode and a stiffened sport mode will let you flip back and forth on demand.
I've driven other similar sized and weighted SUVs, and the x5 has handled the best so far. I'M not fortunate enough to have a fun car and a family hauler, so my family hauler needs to be as fun as it can.
Good point. But we are also not talking about cheap SUVs. These are luxury SUVs after all and a well optioned X5 can run north of 75K. If you can afford an X5, you could also probably swing a Honda Odyssey and an M car. That Odyssey (boom, I mentioned the minivan) will get your family where they need to go just as well as the X5 while affording you the ability to have your fun vehicle for canyon or track driving. My wife would disagree with this approach of course and fortunately loves her Volvo!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 09:32 PM   #77
EJFX5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by artem123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks View Post
That's exactly what I said in the first response to this post. Smh.
+1)
Agree 100%

Volvo checks a lot of the boxes on paper and has nice features (altho many are gimmicks IMO, I my last cat was a Volvo), but doesn't have the full package and I can see a lot of potential issues with getting the 1st generation...

Btw, a 2015 x5 can be purchased around 10% off MSRP vs almost no discount on the xc90. Makes X5 a great deal in comparison (made my decision a lot easier)
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #78
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Well said. And accurate.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #79
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

I leave this post for a couple days and it got exciting!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 11:23 PM   #80
lowlevelhell
Herr Oberst
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks View Post
I leave this post for a couple days and it got exciting!
Same old characters, same old bleating, same old stuff the salesman (sorry..."client advisor" ) told them. We should number the responses here. It would save a lot of time.

Looking forward to having our new sparkling brown owner weigh in on his switch from Volvo to BMW. I'm curious as to which generation he had. My guess would be one of the later models of the last generation. Definitely a different vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #81
lowlevelhell
Herr Oberst
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but my point was that you always tend want to argue with anyone here. All anyone needs to do to know you is take a brief moment at your posting history. You seem to have something against BMW's and its owners here.. if that is the case, you are definitely in the wrong forum.

And your remarks about me being rich and having no knowledge about my X5 is disturbing.... perhaps you should label every other members here the same since we all have the F15 X5/X6.

I will take your advice and just ignore you because you don't contribute to this or the other forums in anyway except bring threads like this down to bickering and senseless arguments.
Trust me, pops, my feelings are just fine. A random over-the-hill guy on the internet who has quite obviously learned about cars from the sales brochures doesn't register on the feelings scale. Ciao.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 11:27 PM   #82
lowlevelhell
Herr Oberst
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskpsu View Post

Great wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #83
geroz1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 LCI2 Manual

As many of us did, I also shopped around and looked at the RR, X5, XC90, ML, and Porsche Cayenne.

The RR is beautiful from the outside but I thought the interior was quite blend and workmanship was not up to par. For example, the sunroof in the X5 is much more robust than in the RR. The RR had the same sunroof materials like in my prior 2014 VW Touareg. Also, the technology in the RR seemed dated to me with a smaller navi screen. Granted I only looked at the more basic RRs but still I felt quality was not there. Further, and more importantly, the price of the RR Sport base level was at least $72-74k and not being discounted whereas I got an X5 with M-pack and nicely equipped for $62.5k. That's about $300 a month in lease payment difference which was a big deal for me. Seems to me the deal with the RR is that you pay premium to get the air suspension and offroad capabilities, which I would have rarely used. Also, body roll was bad in the RR as compared to the X-5

The XC90 is designed well but again the quality of materials is at PAR or below the X-5 IMHO. I like the design and Thor lights but 4 cylinder engine is really discouraging. Also, the fact they were on the verge of bankruptcy and this model just came out this year is a bit discouraging (don't like to beta test with my kids in the car). We had a volvo 850 back in the 90s in the family and that had lasted close to 200k in miles but it was plagued with issues. Not sure the current volvos are built the same way.

ML is nice and solid but fairly simple. I didn't like the current exterior design as much but may like the GLE better when it comes out. Definitely feels solid and quality materials. AC knobs are the same as in the basic C class for which I think the BMW has a better system. Merc seems to copy BMW in a lot of things (e.g., sport, sport plus and comfort button) and tries to do them in a better way but not sure they really working.

The Porsche is really really cool and having a Touareg previously I had dreamed of getting the Porsche next but 1) price was much higher, 2) interior technology was not on par in the base models, and 3) didn't feel like it was as a practical car to take to the supermarket as an X5. I wanted to blend in more. The Touareg was a toned down version of the Cayenne but the interior quality and service center was not on par with BMW. however, I would definitely continue considering Porsche going forward... just look at the brake calipers as compared to the x5s and also the fact that Porsche is all business both on road and off road with no plastic fenders...

Last but not least, the X5 ticked all the boxes for me, 1) the engine is a worldclass winner, 2) the quality and technology is awesome, 3) this forum, 4) service center is great, 5) it's a practical car that is somewhat reasonable in price and can be manageable and 6) the design of it is just beautiful
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #84
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The long haul
I know this is a BMW forum but cmon people can have an opinion and not be wrong. Seriously the X5 is dime a dozen and rather plain in comparison to the RR Sport and the craftsmanship of the RR is head and shoulders above the X5. I also find the Volvo to be nicer and definitely going to be more reliable lol.
Agree. I love my BMW. But as a guy on his 3rd Land Rover: The brand has never left me stranded, no major repairs and actually in the shop very very little. Maintenance has been my only only spend.

My BMW. Front brakes at 9,000 miles, HPFP ordeal, 2x full reprogram of the electronics to get the nav to finally stay solid and work.

Collectively my little 135 and currently at 31k miles, garage queen, has spent approx 27 days out of service.

My 11 LR4 spend 2 days in shop for warranty repair on rear brakes and one day was waiting for parts. The '13 no days in shop yet and 17k miles.

I'd buy another BMW or Land Rover without a second thought. The new XC90 shouldn't be judged old the current line up. The new design language and branding will change things up. I think Volvo has a big hit on their hands. I just wish they would offer a diesel.

Pondering the new X1, but not sure I want to go that small. Love the 328d Touring, but again quite small coming from the LR4 with 90 cubic feet with the seats down. But again, I really don't need all that space anymore. The new DiscoveryLR5 for 2017, not too sure I'm keen on it being so rounded and loosing the Discovery iconic look.

Just my 2 cents
      09-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #85
Burstofspeed
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

I really liked the RR sport the looks and the interior. The v6 was ok but the v8 was a lot of fun, but in the end we were looking at $10-25k more over the X5, then add maintenance and shorter range/worse fuel mileage and we went with the X5. I would like to test drive the new RR sport diesel though.
Appreciate 0