BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

01-06-2021, 03:45 PM   #1
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

iDrive NAV coding, ConnectedDrive gas station searching

Recently got back from a 3k mile road trip. (31mpg with headwind out of the good ol D FTW!). I was messing around with split screen options and determined I really like having the perspective map on the right side instead of using the full NAV screen, but it only shows your route, no other NAV info. No arrival time, no distances, no upcoming street names, nothing. Is there a way to code those into the perspective map? I know those things show in the cluster, but I still like seeing them on a map.

Also, I was using ConnectedDrive to send destinations to the car, which is great, but is there a way to search gas stations along your route within your fuel range? I feel like that should be an obvious feature to ease and reduce the time someone spends trying to search for gas stations along a route.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Yes to at least some of your questions. But it's going to take some time playing around with iDrive settings.

Split screen can give you some of what you ask for in regards to having the map on the left side (which you can also put into the perspective view + it will be slightly larger) and OBC info on the right side. When you are in split screen mode and you have a destination programmed into the system...when you get to junctions,exits, etc...they will take over the small screen on the right side with more defined/detailed turn & road info. And if you have OBC info (fuel/mileage/etc) set to the right side of the split screen (or some other selection)...the route info takes over at the needed times for exits/junctions/etc... then goes back to the OBC info (or entertainment info or any other info you have set up for the split screen).

In regards to route info & map view (like perspective or direction of travel or facing north)...that is achieved by moving the controller knob to the left so that you access all those icons along the left side of the nav screen display.

I've also used some of my 1-8 programmable buttons to help switch things quickly. I have #3 & #4 programmed to give map with entertainment info in split screen & OBC info in split screen.

Here's some pics that shows what can be pulled up when you move the controller to the left (when in map mode) and you have a destination input...you can find POI (points of interest) including filling stations etc and get info as to what exit you need to take.

And if I have a destination entered into iDrive navigation...when I get to junctions and exits etc...they appear in the right side of the split screen as well as in the HUD.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-06-2021 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 0