BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-24-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
Shaun543
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 2015 528i, F15 2015 X5 50i

2015 X5 50i "Bouncy" acceleration

Hello all!

So my wife's X5 50i has a strange, what I consider, bouncy feel during slow acceleration. It can happen at any speed. When it does it is when you are already moving, take your foot off the pedal, then apply gentle acceleration. It just kinda bobbles a couple times then stops doing it. It does not do it under hard acceleration, just the you play with the pedal a bit, or go to speed up gently.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Shaun
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #2
Picasso
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun543 View Post
Hello all!

So my wife's X5 50i has a strange, what I consider, bouncy feel during slow acceleration. It can happen at any speed. When it does it is when you are already moving, take your foot off the pedal, then apply gentle acceleration. It just kinda bobbles a couple times then stops doing it. It does not do it under hard acceleration, just the you play with the pedal a bit, or go to speed up gently.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Shaun
We need more details. Any codes? Any errors recently on dashboard? Is it stock or tuned? When was last maintenance done? Were coils or spark plugs changed?
Does the car do it in Comfort mode or Sport mode? Does it do it if you put it in Eco mode? Modes change throttle response so worth checking if that affects it or not.
Does rpm gauge moves back and forth when it does that (to narrow it down to engine) or it doesn't reflect that issue?
Does it behave like that when in manual shift mode (lever to the left) like when accelerating in one constant gear (to exclude shifting points)?
It's really hard to guess over internet as this is very vague description and without specifics or trying it to narrow down (exclude different things like transmission vs engine vs throttle response etc) at least - it's kinda hard to help.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #3
Shaun543
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 2015 528i, F15 2015 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
We need more details. Any codes? Any errors recently on dashboard? Is it stock or tuned? When was last maintenance done? Were coils or spark plugs changed?
Does the car do it in Comfort mode or Sport mode? Does it do it if you put it in Eco mode? Modes change throttle response so worth checking if that affects it or not.
Does rpm gauge moves back and forth when it does that (to narrow it down to engine) or it doesn't reflect that issue?
Does it behave like that when in manual shift mode (lever to the left) like when accelerating in one constant gear (to exclude shifting points)?
It's really hard to guess over internet as this is very vague description and without specifics or trying it to narrow down (exclude different things like transmission vs engine vs throttle response etc) at least - it's kinda hard to help.
1) No Codes
2) No Dash Lights
3) Stock
4) Spark Plugs, Coils, Oil, Brake Fluid Exchange, Engine and Cabin Filter all done in the past 30 days
5) Comfort Mode is when I notice, have not tried in any other mode (I will do so)
6) No RPM changes

Thank you for the reply, hope this information can help.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #4
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 14 X5 x35i

Related?

Check out Tugging or jerking feeling. Misfire? Transmission? Transfer case? https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1493534. To see if you experience the same symptoms.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 02:19 PM   #5
LukeSrm
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

I do not know, I recently sold my X5 50i, but I did not have such a problem, it gently removed the overclocking. And in general, in principle, I had no problems with the car, it was just very expendable, and I decided to take the Toyota Camry 3.5 2018. I don't know much about cars, so I took a long time to choose. On this site https://accelete.com/ I chose a car that I liked and read all the characteristics about it. I liked this Toyota because it accelerates quite quickly-in 7.7 seconds to 100 km per hour. Plus with 249 horsepower it will be quite economical

Last edited by LukeSrm; 05-01-2021 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 02:26 PM   #6
parthpatel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSrm View Post
I do not know I recently sold my X5 50i, but I did not have such a problem, it gently took overclocking
This is from two years ago lol
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 01:50 PM   #7
sc77
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x50i (2014)

Shaun543 , I'm having the same identical issue. "Bouncy" acceleration is the best way to describe it. Just changed sparks and coils but problem still remains. Removed Fuse 32 & 63 to the transfer case, the issue seems better but maybe still there? Did you ever figure this out? Thanks!
Appreciate 0