BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-14-2019, 04:13 AM   #1
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Muffler delete for those with valves?

Just picked up a fully loaded X6 xdrive50i (minus advanced driver assist) a few days ago and I am thinking of doing the muffler delete + x-pipe mod, but what about the flaps that most people think we don't have? (I've found maybe 1/50 people who have valves on their 50i.)

I assure you, I am not crazy. All my cars have had exhausts so my ear is pretty good with exhaust notes.

When the door is opened and I shift into sport, I can hear a mechanical valve opening under the car and revs are noticeably louder with some cute burbles that doesn't exist in comfort mode.

So back to my question, has anyone done any type of exhaust mod on their 50i with valves? Would be nice if I could get that muffler delete sound only when I put it into sport.