02-12-2014, 05:48 AM   #45
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomac2 View Post
Picking up a new car without being accompanied by a publicly appointed and sworn expert? Never.
Is a Bible required or just a hard copy of the BMW Manual?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #46
phantomac2
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 (KS81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Is a Bible required or just a hard copy of the BMW Manual?
A bible??? The sworn expert has to do an exorcism on the car, too???
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #47
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
I'll try to use this check list today...very helpful...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #48
Exel
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
Anyone who wants a copy of my checklist, it's on post #18.

Z.
Thanks for creating the list Zipforia. I'll use it tomorrow when picking up my new X5.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #49
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exel View Post
Thanks for creating the list Zipforia. I'll use it tomorrow when picking up my new X5.
No prob! Hope it helps.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #50
someguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

I would add to prepare yourself to say "no" to a long list of things that I'd consider similar to undercoating, like interior and exterior chemical applications, door ding insurance, tire insurance, "key club" insurance, extended warranty and others.

Funny story: a friend of mine is picking up his new Infinity and they offer him a $500 interior protection chemical application. He says sure and pays for it. They pull the car up seconds later and he asks how they did it that quickly. They answer that they do the chemical application for all new cars, whether people pay the $500 or not. Ridiculous.

someguy
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #51
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Lot of the stuff on this thread are inspected prior to leaving South Carolina.. then it is inspected again at the dealer.. I guess a third check by the owner doesn't hurt....
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #52
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Lot of the stuff on this thread are inspected prior to leaving South Carolina.. then it is inspected again at the dealer.. I guess a third check by the owner doesn't hurt....
Lots of stuff gets missed by the dealer and lots of stuff is caused by the dealer.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #53
minokea
Rep
Drives: F15

Taking delivery this sat.. was wondering how do you check if dynamic adaptive suspension is functional? and where are the inspection stamps located on the car?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #54
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minokea View Post
Taking delivery this sat.. was wondering how do you check if dynamic adaptive suspension is functional? and where are the inspection stamps located on the car?
When you rock the center counsel switch from Comfort to Sport, then Sport+, X5s without adaptive suspension will alter steering feel, throttle response, and shift points. However, X5s with adaptive suspension will also decrease body roll with active dampers (if I understand correctly), thus resulting in less body roll or less "wobbliness" when you, for example, perform a slalom turns. I took my X5 to an empty parking lot and tried out a few slalom turns in each modes.

As far a inspection papers go, ask the dealer to see the documents that accompanied the x5 when it was delivered to verified that proper inspection has been performed by the factory and the dealer (if they performed any).

Z.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #55
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Did anyone add to the check list?

Z.
      07-31-2014, 11:00 AM   #56
stewy604
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
14. If applicable, open third row seats and inspect for smooth operation and leather defects. Make sure you get the third row floor mat (should be in a bag in the trunk)
I never got mine with my X5...e-mailing my salesman right now!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #57
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Check all over for scratches. I don't know if they still do, but with my last one they had started shipping on open transports, so the likelihood of scratches is way higher than when they shipped in closed transports.

My bumper was scratched. But that probably was done when they were loading or unloading.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 11:06 PM   #58
Bluehorse_001
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

I added the comments in this thread into Zipforia's original list. See attached. I am sure somebody can better wordsmith this document.

I do have a few questions I wrote into the second column of the document (in red). Be great to hear answers.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: doc X5 DEALER DELIVERY CHECKLIST.doc (81.0 KB, 726 views)
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2014, 11:38 PM   #59
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorse_001 View Post
I added the comments in this thread into Zipforia's original list. See attached. I am sure somebody can better wordsmith this document.

I do have a few questions I wrote into the second column of the document (in red). Be great to hear answers.

Thanks!
Nice additions to Z's document, buddy. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

To answer some of your questions:

1) Inspection Stamps - I'm not sure about the details but it should just be that the vehicle has been validated for proper inspection for emissions, safety, etc. Someone who knows more, please do chime in and answer it better .

2) B-Pillar door seals: So, on our F15s, these seals tend to flip outward or don't sit properly at times, which made them become exposed in the doorway upon closing. This happened to many of us, but they ended up correcting themselves (at least on mine)...I think it's because the rubbery material is too flexible/cheap. Just make sure that when you open your door, they don't invert/flip outward every time. If they do, they will end up getting caught in between the door and the body upon closing, become visible to the outside, and eventually might start tearing.

3) Glass/tint/rubber seal integrity: So, this is just basic wear and tear of all three. Check that your glass isn't cracked/damaged anywhere. One tiny crack in your windshield will cause it to crack further over time as many know. Tint - make sure it's the factory tint and no scratches, etc in it. I believe the factory tint is 35% in the rear windows and tail gate window. Front windows are never tinted, obviously. Rubber seal integrity as I mentioned above...check all your seals so that there is no leakage of any kind. Best way to test this, is close all your door, and run some water down from the top above your doors or whatever else comes to mind. You won't really be able to tell of the seal integrity until rain hits your car etc.

4) Anthracite headliner damage: Well, naturally, this headliner is an extra/nicer option. I assume this is just to make sure there are no rips or discolorations of any kind - this is just basic - check the ins and outs of your car in general for any scratches or wear/tear.

5) Phone is able to connect to iDrive: take a USB cable for your iPhone or Android phone with you. Test it by plugging it in and seeing if you can play music (I'm not sure how the two differ in playback or if coding is required for one). Also, test your bluetooth with your phones in the iDrive. Make sure they connect, allow calls and music playback.

The high pressure fuel pump I'm not too sure about. Someone else can chime in on that. Also, anyone else that has information regarding anything I've tried to answer above to the best of my knowledge, feel free to add to or correct it. Thanks .