BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-02-2024, 06:44 PM   #1
millerm77
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 XDRIVE50i

Drivetrain Malfunction

So today my wife had Safelite come out to the house to change out our front windshield. The Safelite technician changes out the windshield and then takes it for a test drive to calibrate the cameras that are mounted in the top center of the windshield. The car engine is extremely hot when he comes back (may have been racing it down the streets). Then he tells my wife that the car has a drivetrain malfunction and that we need to take it to BMW. However, the car never had this problem before he started work on it. He also broke off the rain sensor, which he now needs to order to fix. My F15 X5 5.0 is now running like crap and seems to be in limp mode. Could the Safelite technician have caused this issue while replacing the windshield? He does have to remove all the plastic covering in the engine compartment to remove the windshield. Or could the rain sensor cause this issue?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 08:27 PM   #2
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

There are so many unknowns.

My suggestion is to tell the sketch Safelite to stay away from your vehicle & never come back. BMWs are at once expensive, complicated & fragile. Everything he further jacks up on your vehicle will be coming out of your pocket in some way. The world is full of jack wagons and I fear you came across one.

Further, bite the bullet and drop it off at a BMW Service Center and pay for their diagnosis. Go from there.

Best of Luck.
Appreciate 0