BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

09-05-2023, 08:11 PM   #177
x5d4me
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

If i did egr/swirl flap delete on n57
Would i have to tune off the bat?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 10:55 AM   #178
rmacgurn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X63.0D, 911C4S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacgurn View Post
hello I realize this is an old thread but I am now in stages of planning a tune and some upgrades to my F16 x6 3.0D euro version N57 O01 with M package. its stock at 255hp and 403ft lbs. wanting about 500 plus torque and 315 or more HP. when I bought car it had someones tune but the shifting was jerkey the put a lot of stress on the drivetrain. when I updated to latest ISTEPS it was wiped. car is smooth again but much slower in sport and sport+

First I looked at boxes from race chip and TDI but most see to agree that ECU tune is better and even better an ECU and trans tune.

I see really 3 afforable choices. DUDMD, which requires emission mods to get two stage 2 but its the cheapest.
Next AlienTech which requires the purchase of a Powergate 3 box and some tunes priced per tune. Lastly Ditupa another German firm specializing in Diesel tunes. They use an enet cable and iPad or iPhone to do it so you get the program all the tunes for 3 plus stages and the trans tune in a single purchase but they are over $500. Were l live we have no AlienTech dealers and buying the box used is a risk that its not usable on another car as they sell license per car vin. Ditupa offers tunes with a larger intercooler (Wagner or cheaper equivalent) and/or the emissions stuff with EGR delete and downpipes etc.

anyone on here can tell me their experience with any of these three and what other mods for the tune they made? I was thinking to try to get a group buy on Ditupa t0 get the price down if others interested. EGR code out is pretty easy and swap the intercoolers is a few hours and another $500-700.

please tell me your thoughts.

thanks
Richard
Since no one chimed in on Diesel Tunes or numbers I forged ahead and must say I am very happy, I used the German DIPTUA program and did stage 2+ with trans tune and EGR delete. I was thinking about the rest you all seem to delete but as we have emissions in checks in CR via ODB2 I am not sure If I would past doing those changes? anyone know.

I did intercooler upgrade to Wagner and some flash tuning after not seeing a lot of difference in last E71 tune box for 3.0D. Anyway I don't know what software you all use to check times to speed and power but I can tell you seat of pants my car flys now. really loving the new features also. here's a quick run down on what I got as I am at stage 2plus. also was just one price for tunes stage 1-2+ and also tranny tune.

I didn't try stage one as I had already installed the intercooler before doing the tune so I want for it. love seeing the gear display in center console regardless of drive mode. also being able to reverse with door open is very handy without car go to park. lots of other changes but not sure I use or think about them. the trans is noticeable smoother now also. I liked that I could use my iPhone to do the tunes or revert back to stock and that I can still pass emissions. Lastly it's a great idea that you can't use the full power of the tunes prior to engine warming up. Several others I looked at don't seem to do that.

according the company DITUPA I got the tune from in Germany these are the features of their program included for the one price:

stage 1
stage 1+ with EGR optimization
stage 2 for cars with upgraded intercooler
stage 2+ with EGR optimization
8HP gearbox tune stage 1
full DTC module for scanning the whole car

The stage 1+ and 2+ are working without the DITUPA EGR blanking plate, through flashing our tuning stage will eliminate the intake runners to be sooted.

All tuning stages include the VMAX high speed limit delete, so no speed restriction.
All tuning stages do offer STOCK power figures in ECO mode.
All tuning stages are using the Bosch physics model which has been extrapolated so the torque and power values on the CAN bus match the actual numbers.
-> this means no extended wear on clutches of the gearbox, no sluggish and unpredictable driving behavior, no wrong DSC intervention due to wrong CAN signals.
All tuning stages have the factory temperature and pressure limiters active. We even added an additional for EGT protection.
All tuning stages deliver stock power till the engine is warmed to 70°C / 158°F
All tuning stages automatically reduce engine power when fuel temperature reaches 68°C / 155°F
All tuning stages automatically reduce engine power when EGT post turbo reach 665°C / 1230°C

Using the plus stages the DPF regeneration will be fully functional and the DPF also will last longer as it has to trap less soot.

The 8HP gearbox tuning stage 1 is developed by DITUPA and adds the following features:
permanent gear display
raised torque limiters for best performance (necessary on 2 liter cars and 30d/35d/40d/50d)
raised clutch pressured for long clutch lifespan
no more switching to P when door is opened

In short the performance is super, I peg the HP indicator very quickly so not sure of the actual amount and there is no dyno near me. that is why I asked what programs I can use to get some stats as to acual improvements. All in all if you have a diesel N57 motor this tune seems to be ideal for you. I have no issues after a few months of use. I think price is far anyway for what you get...
Richard
Appreciate 2
      12-03-2023, 07:07 PM   #179
compsyndrome
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacgurn View Post
Since no one chimed in on Diesel Tunes or numbers I forged ahead and must say I am very happy, I used the German DIPTUA program and did stage 2+ with trans tune and EGR delete. I was thinking about the rest you all seem to delete but as we have emissions in checks in CR via ODB2 I am not sure If I would past doing those changes? anyone know.

I did intercooler upgrade to Wagner and some flash tuning after not seeing a lot of difference in last E71 tune box for 3.0D. Anyway I don't know what software you all use to check times to speed and power but I can tell you seat of pants my car flys now. really loving the new features also. here's a quick run down on what I got as I am at stage 2plus. also was just one price for tunes stage 1-2+ and also tranny tune.

I didn't try stage one as I had already installed the intercooler before doing the tune so I want for it. love seeing the gear display in center console regardless of drive mode. also being able to reverse with door open is very handy without car go to park. lots of other changes but not sure I use or think about them. the trans is noticeable smoother now also. I liked that I could use my iPhone to do the tunes or revert back to stock and that I can still pass emissions. Lastly it's a great idea that you can't use the full power of the tunes prior to engine warming up. Several others I looked at don't seem to do that.

according the company DITUPA I got the tune from in Germany these are the features of their program included for the one price:

stage 1
stage 1+ with EGR optimization
stage 2 for cars with upgraded intercooler
stage 2+ with EGR optimization
8HP gearbox tune stage 1
full DTC module for scanning the whole car

The stage 1+ and 2+ are working without the DITUPA EGR blanking plate, through flashing our tuning stage will eliminate the intake runners to be sooted.

All tuning stages include the VMAX high speed limit delete, so no speed restriction.
All tuning stages do offer STOCK power figures in ECO mode.
All tuning stages are using the Bosch physics model which has been extrapolated so the torque and power values on the CAN bus match the actual numbers.
-> this means no extended wear on clutches of the gearbox, no sluggish and unpredictable driving behavior, no wrong DSC intervention due to wrong CAN signals.
All tuning stages have the factory temperature and pressure limiters active. We even added an additional for EGT protection.
All tuning stages deliver stock power till the engine is warmed to 70°C / 158°F
All tuning stages automatically reduce engine power when fuel temperature reaches 68°C / 155°F
All tuning stages automatically reduce engine power when EGT post turbo reach 665°C / 1230°C

Using the plus stages the DPF regeneration will be fully functional and the DPF also will last longer as it has to trap less soot.

The 8HP gearbox tuning stage 1 is developed by DITUPA and adds the following features:
permanent gear display
raised torque limiters for best performance (necessary on 2 liter cars and 30d/35d/40d/50d)
raised clutch pressured for long clutch lifespan
no more switching to P when door is opened

In short the performance is super, I peg the HP indicator very quickly so not sure of the actual amount and there is no dyno near me. that is why I asked what programs I can use to get some stats as to acual improvements. All in all if you have a diesel N57 motor this tune seems to be ideal for you. I have no issues after a few months of use. I think price is far anyway for what you get...
Richard
What flashing tool did you use?
DO you know what their EGR "optimization" is about?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 05:16 PM   #180
rmacgurn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X63.0D, 911C4S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by compsyndrome View Post
What flashing tool did you use?
DO you know what their EGR "optimization" is about?
They use iPhone app to do the flashing. The EGR is just disabled. Mine been fine all this time.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2024, 12:06 PM   #181
bcromwell
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15 E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googone20 View Post
For the coolant plugs, I ordered the follow:
2 x 11531436850
1 x 11531439134
1 x 17128515062
If memory serves me right, one of these plugs was extra and not used. When I get home today I’ll update with the proper info on that.

For the rear coolant line at the back of the block, I cut the two metal lines off of the housing plug. Then I had a local welder aluminum the plug solid. He did an amazing job and the price was free to me. Here are some pictures of what I did.
Just FYI, Found out there is another method that I hadn't seen posted anywhere. Turns out inside of where this connection is made it's threaded. (My delete kit came with a small bolt and crush washer that I couldn't figure out what it's propose was initially)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 03:25 AM   #182
Slickum01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMX X5

Starting my kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcromwell View Post
Just FYI, Found out there is another method that I hadn't seen posted anywhere. Turns out inside of where this connection is made it's threaded. (My delete kit came with a small bolt and crush washer that I couldn't figure out what it's propose was initially)
Which brand/supplier did you use for the kit?
Appreciate 0