BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Buyer Beware (Keller Performance Horror Story)

04-28-2024, 04:00 AM   #1
SleepyM5C
Rep
Drives: 2024 M8 Comp Coupe

Buyer Beware (Keller Performance Horror Story)

Crosspost from my M8 post but since it's the same motor I wanted to share.

This is a first for me but my poor experience with Keller Performance has led me to pursue litigation and I hope this will prevent others from having a similar experience.

At the end of 2023 I ordered an M8 Competition Coupe and began acquiring parts including Eventuri intake and Keller Downpipes (catted). Although expensive, the Keller reviews were fantastic and the quality from the pictures appeared second to none. I immediately reached out to John who accepted my order and began fabricating the catted downpipes. After a few weeks my new downpipes arrived and I just had to wait for my new Daytona Beach Blue M8 to arrive.

Fast forward to February when my car arrived and my local BMW dealership attempted to fit the new downpipes. After an entire day of trying to make them fit I received a call and the master tech indicated that the downpipes would not fit correctly. I immediately e-mailed and called Keller performance and passed along the concerns as well as the total install time required to try and fit the downpipes, remove them after the failed attempt, and reinstall the factory downpipes so that I could still drive the car. The first response from Steve at Keller Performance was to question why the failed install took so long and cost so much...not an apology or reassurance that this would be resolved. After some back and forth via e-mail (never a call back to me throughout this entire process) and my pleading that they call my master technician, John from Keller responded, apologized for the issues, and planned to make another set. I inquired about splitting the install costs and was told to wait until the second set was made and fit before resolving those expenses.

After another week the new set arrived and fit properly. Unfortunately, and in spite of assurances to the contrary, the new set did trip the CEL. Throughout this process I inquired about the initial install cost and even offered to split all install with them only to receive a response that we will figure everything out once the first set was returned. Unfortunately, this was the last response I received from Keller performance.

Since the first, defective set was sent back Keller Performance has gone silent and, as a result, I have hired an attorney to recoup the initial install costs. As someone who understands that mistakes do happen I'm not upset in the least the first set of downpipes were manufactured incorrectly. Customer service, on the other hand, is essential in this competitive business and as someone who is purchasing $3,000 downpipes I would have expected more from this company.

For what it's worth this story serves as a warning to anyone who may use Keller Performance in the future. Perhaps others have had better experiences but I am profoundly disappointed and will never purchase products from them in the future.
Appreciate 7
      04-30-2024, 07:47 PM   #2
bxdinster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 comp 2009 135i

this seems to be happening alot with newer m models even my friends g80 active autowerke midpipes didnt have good fitment, his 2600 gesi catted dp had o2 sensor wrong location.
Appreciate 0