Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Got our X5 back from service last week, they did the dreaded software flash. Used E-SYS 3.27.1 and 58.3 PSDZdata. All coded well except for BDC BODY and one of the SM2's are both still trimmed. I was able to code the second SM2 based on the wert values. BDC BODY no such luck. What am I missing?
You must update. I replied to your PM.
Is there a later psdzdata than 58.3? All the other ECU's could be read fine, just the BDC BODY and SM2 ECU's were still trimmed.
      05-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #2357
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Is there a later psdzdata than 58.3? All the other ECU's could be read fine, just the BDC BODY and SM2 ECU's were still trimmed.
You were able to read the rest without a launcher? That is the latest of which I am aware but still trimmed.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #2358
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
No. I replied to your same PM.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #2359
98PoleCat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

New F15 owner. First, wanted to thank you guys for all the info in this thread. Obviously I haven't made my way through every page, but it's clear from the updated OP that a lot of time and effort has been put into gathering and documenting all that information.

I'm not new to coding (I also have an E60 550, and not coincidentally, shawnsheridan helped me with a lot of questions when I started coding it), but opasha's post made this a lot easier to start than I remember the E60 platform being. Thanks for that.

I was able to code a bunch of stuff from the cheat sheet, but I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

1. I want to code the unlock when stop engine (VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK in BDC_BODY), but the only option I have in that function is 'night_aktiv'. Has anyone else ever seen this?

2. I coded the side mirror folding with door locks (ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN and ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN in BDC_BODY), but the mirrors fold only when I lock with the remote. Comfort Access locking and locking from the rear hatch do not fold the mirrors. Does anyone know if there's a way to fold the mirrors anytime the doors lock, no matter how they're locked?

Edit: just realized I wasn't holding my finger on the door handle quite long enough for the mirrors to start folding. I'm still curious about folding the mirrors when locking from the rear hatch, though.

3. Is it possible to enable auto start/stop in sport mode?

I code with a Mac, so I learned a few things that are probably documented somewhere else, but I thought might be helpful for others.

1. I decided to set up a VM (I use VirtualBox) instead of using Boot Camp. This way I can update a personal copy of the cheat sheet while I'm coding instead of trying to remember what I've done. It took until the first time I read the BDC_BODY module to realize that VirtualBox defaults the RAM to 512 MB and 1 processor for new VMs. That's not enough, so I recommend 4096 MB (4 GB) and 2 CPUs if your host machine can handle it.

2. Make sure you set the attached network adapter in the VM settings to bridged so you can use the ethernet connection. I also disabled the wireless network in the host to force the ethernet connection.

3. It's been awhile since I've set up a new VirtualBox machine, so I forgot to install the guest additions. This lets you increase the resolution. It's really REALLY hard to use ESYS on a small resolution, but somehow I managed for a few hours before I remembered how to fix it. If you're using VirtualBox, don't forget to install guest additions.

Thanks again for the info. There's more from the cheat sheet that I want to code, so I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #2360
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
I do not know what is the source of that link, but the statement "follow the steps below to enable this great Euro feature for any car that has LEDs" cannot be right, as the coding is quite different depending on the specific BMW series.

If you have a F15/16/85/86 built before July 1, 2015, you can follow the steps in the PDF I posted here. There is now a very good video in this post showing anti-glare in action on a F15: you really do not need to squint to see the tunnel in action
I followed the anti dazzle pdf and changed all of the LHM values and confirm it does work on a 2015 X5d that was produced in September 2014. However, is does affect the VLD on the low beams as they do not move as much as they used to. Small trade off though. Do you know if anyone has figured out the anti dazzle on a LCI F10 with LED headlights? When I first got the car in 2013, all I had to do back then was remove the 5AP and 8S4 and VO code. After my software update a year later I lost the anti dazzle and haven't been able to get it back. Do you know anyone that has solved the anti dazzle on the F10's?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #2361
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

I got a few pm's about having sport mode always on, people seem confused on how to code it.

I am too lazy to search for the original post on my phone, but the instructions are pretty simple.

in ICM 300A DSC ICM CODIERDATEN, change fesallowmode4lastfunction to active. Then change the werte in feslastfunctioninterval to FF.

The car will always stay in sport mode, unless you change it manually through the rocker switch.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #2362
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98PoleCat View Post
1. I want to code the unlock when stop engine (VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK in BDC_BODY), but the only option I have in that function is 'night_aktiv'. Has anyone else ever seen this?
Did you try CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 06:31 PM   #2363
aligazi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010

Any ideas on how to code out the TPMS alerts on the nav and the cluster. Got 22" wheels with no TPMS installed. Thank you!

First time coding, and the instructions were spot on! Thanks RG, Opasha, ShawnS, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 07:54 PM   #2364
leo95se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3, '15 F15 X5d

Quote:
New F15 owner. First, wanted to thank you guys for all the info in this thread. Obviously I haven't made my way through every page, but it's clear from the updated OP that a lot of time and effort has been put into gathering and documenting all that information.

I'm not new to coding (I also have an E60 550, and not coincidentally, shawnsheridan helped me with a lot of questions when I started coding it), but opasha's post made this a lot easier to start than I remember the E60 platform being. Thanks for that.

I was able to code a bunch of stuff from the cheat sheet, but I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

2. I coded the side mirror folding with door locks (ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN and ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN in BDC_BODY), but the mirrors fold only when I lock with the remote. Comfort Access locking and locking from the rear hatch do not fold the mirrors. Does anyone know if there's a way to fold the mirrors anytime the doors lock, no matter how they're locked?

3. Is it possible to enable auto start/stop in sport mode?

I code with a Mac, so I learned a few things that are probably documented somewhere else, but I thought might be helpful for others.

1. I decided to set up a VM (I use VirtualBox) instead of using Boot Camp. This way I can update a personal copy of the cheat sheet while I'm coding instead of trying to remember what I've done. It took until the first time I read the BDC_BODY module to realize that VirtualBox defaults the RAM to 512 MB and 1 processor for new VMs. That's not enough, so I recommend 4096 MB (4 GB) and 2 CPUs if your host machine can handle it.

2. Make sure you set the attached network adapter in the VM settings to bridged so you can use the ethernet connection. I also disabled the wireless network in the host to force the ethernet connection.

3. It's been awhile since I've set up a new VirtualBox machine, so I forgot to install the guest additions. This lets you increase the resolution. It's really REALLY hard to use ESYS on a small resolution, but somehow I managed for a few hours before I remembered how to fix it. If you're using VirtualBox, don't forget to install guest additions.

Thanks again for the info. There's more from the cheat sheet that I want to code, so I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.
Nice post. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 04:06 AM   #2365
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligazi View Post
Any ideas on how to code out the TPMS alerts on the nav and the cluster. Got 22" wheels with no TPMS installed. Thank you!

First time coding, and the instructions were spot on! Thanks RG, Opasha, ShawnS, etc.
"Remove 2VB from the FA and VO Code DSC NBT ICM KOMBI.

Ignore the warnings you get for the ABS and the DSC while you're coding, they disappear.

This (so far) has removed all warnings and reverted the car back to the old RPA monitor. Just save your old FA and reverse when you put the summers back on

Credit to wibbles for helping out and suggesting this method."
taken from: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1061643&page=2

PM me if you have trouble. I would honestly get TPMS installed for the wheels you drive the most on- just a safer thing to have. If you are doing a winter setup, then I understand wanting to swap and have TPMS coded out. I just transferred my old ones on my 19" stock wheels to my 22" wheels when I upgraded the wheels.
      05-03-2016, 06:50 AM   #2366
ixlr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

I want to do some coding work to my new X5, I have the cable, software and cheat sheet. But I have discovered that the Ethernet port on my laptop is very flaky. I have to hold the cable connector twisted and off to the side for it to make connection. I have tried 5 different cables and they all have the same connection issue so I believe the issue is with the connector on my laptop. I haven't tried any coding due to the fact that I am afraid that part way thru the coding I will loose connection and totally fubar things up. Am I correct in this assumption or does the software have the ability to recover from a lost connection and continue on without any issues? I am looking to replace this POS Dell in the next 2 months so maybe I will wait until I get a new laptop before I do any coding.
TIA- Jim
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 07:28 AM   #2367
aligazi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
I want to do some coding work to my new X5, I have the cable, software and cheat sheet. But I have discovered that the Ethernet port on my laptop is very flaky. I have to hold the cable connector twisted and off to the side for it to make connection. I have tried 5 different cables and they all have the same connection issue so I believe the issue is with the connector on my laptop. I haven't tried any coding due to the fact that I am afraid that part way thru the coding I will loose connection and totally fubar things up. Am I correct in this assumption or does the software have the ability to recover from a lost connection and continue on without any issues? I am looking to replace this POS Dell in the next 2 months so maybe I will wait until I get a new laptop before I do any coding.
TIA- Jim
maybe a cheap laptop from craigslist for less than 50 bucks if you cant wait.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #2368
98PoleCat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Did you try CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING?
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try and let you know.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #2369
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
TIA- Jim
If you read the OP, there is a USB-Ethernet dongle you can purchase that will work rather than buying a new laptop unless you are in need of a new one soon. I hate Dells btw; they always crap out eventually because of their poor build quality even if you get the latest (maybe the XPS 13 and 15 versions are better these days).
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try and let you know.
This is the correct updated code. I'll update it in the cheat sheet, but it has been mentioned many times and confirmed to work by many members and by me .
      05-03-2016, 07:08 PM   #2370
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

So after a few months, I finally had some time to look at the x5 coding again. Here is a better clarification for the last drive modes.

If you go into the ICM module then the 300A DSC ICM CODIERDATEN folder. Towards the middle you will see a few feshasmode codes.

Mode 1 = Comfort
Mode 2 = Comfort +
Mode 3 = not sure
Mode 4 = Sport
Mode 5 = Sport+
Mode 6 = Don't know yet
Mode 7 = Eco Pro
Mode 8 = Edrive (not relevant)

You can turn any of these on (even though most are on by default) by activating the corresponding feshasmode code. For example, to turn on comfort+, you would change feshasmode2 to active.

Below these codes you will find a few fesallowmodelastfunction codes. If you turn these on, the car will remember the last setting it was in when you turned it off, and will then turn on in the same setting. You can turn on more than one at a time.

So fesallowmode2lastfunction will remember comfort+ mode, fesallowmode4lastfunction will remember sport mode, and fesallowmode7lastfuncion will remember eco pro.

The last thing you will need to do to get the car to not reset the last driving mode is change the werte in feslastfunctioninterval to FF.

P.S. for those of you that don't have sport+ on your car, you should try just turning on feshasmode3 and see if that solves the issue.

Last edited by dsad1; 05-05-2016 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
TallTrees148.00
      05-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #2371
ixlr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
If you read the OP, there is a USB-Ethernet dongle you can purchase that will work rather than buying a new laptop unless you are in need of a new one soon. I hate Dells btw; they always crap out eventually because of their poor build quality even if you get the latest (maybe the XPS 13 and 15 versions are better these days).
I have read this entire thread, but it has been so long since the OP I forgot about that option. Thank you for the reminder I will check on one tomorrow.
I bought my first Dell laptop 8 years ago and it is still running, 24/7 for the last 4 years as a mini server. My present Dell is 4 years old and I have had nothing but issues with it, I am on my 3rd battery, at $105 each. NEVER will I buy a Dell again, a Macbook pro will be my next laptop when they update it with the Skylake processor.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2016, 07:57 PM   #2372
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
If you go into the ICM module then the 300A DSC ICM CODIERDATEN folder. Towards the middle you will see a few feshasmode codes.

Mode 2 = Sport

Below these codes you will find a few fesallowmodelastfunction codes. If you turn these on, the car will remember the last setting it was in when you turned it off, and will then turn on in the same setting. You can turn on more than one at a time.

So fesallowmode2lastfunction will remember sport mode

The last thing you will need to do to get the car to not reset the last driving mode is change the werte in feslastfunctioninterval to FF.

Have you actually tested this? I dn't have an F15 ... however in the 10+ backups that i have from US-spec & UK-spec F15s here is what I see by default for all M-Sport models, which clearly have Sport & Sport+

FesHasMode1 = aktiv
FesHasMode2 = nicht_aktiv
FesHasMode3 = aktiv
FesHasMode4 = aktiv
FesHasMode5 = aktiv
FesHasMode6 = aktiv
FesHasMode7 = aktiv
FesHasMode8 = nicht_aktiv

FesAllowMode2Last Function = nicht_aktiv
FesAllowMode4Last Function = nicht_aktiv
FesAllowMode7Last Function = nicht_aktiv
FesAllowMode8Last Function = nicht_aktiv

I would have expected the FesHasMode1 through 7 to be aktiv on the M-Sports

Mode 8 = EcoPro+ (on the i3 only)

In my experience, the only thing necessary on the i3 to force default driving modes is to set the werte on FesInitMode to = 03-Comfort, 07-EcoPro, 08EcoPro+

My guess would be to code FesInitMode to 02 to default the F15 to Sport on initial startup .... however the codes you found are interesting.... wish I had an F15 to play with and test these on.

Let me know what you find.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 08:00 PM   #2373
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
Have you actually tested this? I dn't have an F15 ... however in the 10+ backups that i have from US-spec & UK-spec F15s here is what I see by default for all M-Sport models, which clearly have Sport & Sport+

FesHasMode1 = aktiv
FesHasMode2 = nicht_aktiv
FesHasMode3 = aktiv
FesHasMode4 = aktiv
FesHasMode5 = aktiv
FesHasMode6 = aktiv
FesHasMode7 = aktiv
FesHasMode8 = nicht_aktiv

FesAllowMode2Last Function = nicht_aktiv
FesAllowMode4Last Function = nicht_aktiv
FesAllowMode7Last Function = nicht_aktiv
FesAllowMode8Last Function = nicht_aktiv

I would have expected the FesHasMode1 through 7 to be aktiv on the M-Sports

Mode 8 = EcoPro+ (on the i3 only)

In my experience, the only thing necessary on the i3 to force default driving modes is to set the werte on FesInitMode to = 03-Comfort, 07-EcoPro, 08EcoPro+

My guess would be to code FesInitMode to 02 to default the F15 to Sport on initial startup .... however the codes you found are interesting.... wish I had an F15 to play with and test these on.

Let me know what you find.
I have tested the last function on sport, comfort+, and eco pro. They are all turned on and the car remembers the last function for each one, as long as feslastfunctioninterval is set to FF. I see my mistake now, you are correct mode 4 is sport, mode 2 is comfort+

Last edited by dsad1; 05-03-2016 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #2374
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I have tested the last function on sport, comfort+, and eco pro. They are all turned on and the car remembers the last function for each one, as long as feslastfunctioninterval is set to FF. I see my mistake now, you are correct mode 4 is sport, mode 2 is comfort+
This is awesome news for anyone with an F15/F16!!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #2375
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
This is awesome news for anyone with an F15/F16!!
I am curious if the cars that came after the f15 have it as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 05:31 PM   #2376
delviacv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i & 2015 535d

I have searched for those codes on my F10 with no luck
2014 X5 50i Carbon Black/ M Sport
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 0