BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-21-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Turbo coolant change

What's up.. yesterday was going threw all my fluids make sure everything looked right and noticed my turbo coolant was orange which I believe it should be blue.. engine coolant is blue so the turbo coolant is separate system then engine so question is how to flush turbo coolant system.. also even after truck sat over night the turbo coolant reservoir was still pressurized.. is this normal?
Appreciate 1
Qsilver74446.00
      08-23-2022, 05:44 AM   #2
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Anyone! lol please help
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0hnnyB0yx5m View Post
What's up.. yesterday was going threw all my fluids make sure everything looked right and noticed my turbo coolant was orange which I believe it should be blue.. engine coolant is blue so the turbo coolant is separate system then engine so question is how to flush turbo coolant system.. also even after truck sat over night the turbo coolant reservoir was still pressurized.. is this normal?
The turbos are cooled by the engine coolant system but the charge-air system (intercoolers) is a completely separate coolant system as you have noticed.

If it were me, I would drain and replace with a 50/50 mix of BMW coolant and distilled water. Pull the underbody protection and pull one of the lines on the lower intercooler radiator (M's have two intercooler radiators and one sits below the other) to drain and then vacuum refill and run the bleed procedure below. I have done this a few times on E70's and the F85's look to be nearly identical.

If you don't have a vacuum refill, I recommend you get one from FCP, they are awesome to have and Amazon has a ton of them up there too, if however you don't want to invest in one, you can probably get by with just running the bleed procedure a few times although I would recommend monitoring IAT's after to be sure both intercoolers are doing their job.

If you want access to step by step instructions, PM for details on where to find.

BTW, the venting procedure is a little odd to activate to say the least and its sometimes tricky to know if its working, you can tell if the pumps are activated by holding the intercooler coolant lines, you should be able to feel a slight vibration from the pumps. After about 5min you will hear air bubbles being worked out of the system and the coolant level can drop fast so be ready to add more coolant back in as needed during the bleed procedure.

Charge Air Venting cooling system:

Note:

Leave the coolant expansion tank sealing cap open during the bleeding procedure.

Top coolant up to the upper edge of the expansion tank. Coolant level may not drop further! No drop in coolant for approx. 1 minute.
Connect battery charger.
Switch the ignition on.
Set heating to maximum temperature. Press Automatic button. Then set the blower to the lowest speed.
Press accelerator pedal for 15 seconds to floor. Engine must not be started.
The bleeding procedure is started when the accelerator pedal is pressed and takes approx. 12 minutes.
Refill expansion tank up to top edge immediately after drawing off until empty.
Adjust expansion tank to maximum level at end of bleeding procedure.
Check cooling system for leaks.
Close expansion tank.
If the cooling system bleeding has to be carried out again, allow DME to drop completely (let the ignition key be removed for approx. 3 min), then repeat from point 5.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 08-23-2022 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 4
      08-23-2022, 06:48 PM   #4
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So I took the Drivers side inter cooler hose off and it drained the engine coolant reservoir and passenger side inter cooler hoses look like an a/c line so I just put everything back together replaced what came out n called it a day.. also couldn't find distilled water anywhere so I used purified so I deff either need to bring to someone that could do it or figure it out asap
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 07:07 PM   #5
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

And something not right if your saysing turbos are cooled by the engine coolant lol I thought that smaller reservoir was for the turbos.. lol very confused! The engine coolant was blue as it should be and didn't even want to change it cause level was perfect and the color was perfect so was trying to change the smaller coolant tank and wind up changing the engine coolant lol so at this point I have to drain and refill both of them cause I put purified water in both systems as I couldn't find distilled water.. so at this point I deff know how to drain the engine coolant but still have no idea where they other reservoir is connected to or how to drain.. I even tryed tracing the bigger hose on bottom of the tank and could figure it out cause everything just crammed in there and could barely see anything lol thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 07:05 PM   #6
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
And something not right if your saysing turbos are cooled by the engine coolant lol I thought that smaller reservoir was for the turbos.. lol very confused! The engine coolant was blue as it should be and didn't even want to change it cause level was perfect and the color was perfect so was trying to change the smaller coolant tank and wind up changing the engine coolant lol so at this point I have to drain and refill both of them cause I put purified water in both systems as I couldn't find distilled water.. so at this point I deff know how to drain the engine coolant but still have no idea where they other reservoir is connected to or how to drain.. I even tryed tracing the bigger hose on bottom of the tank and could figure it out cause everything just crammed in there and could barely see anything lol thanks for the help
Turbo's themselves are cooled by engine coolant, if you look close each Turbo has two coolant lines going into them, these come direct from the engine coolant supply.

The intercoolers have their own coolant system and that is what the small coolant tank is for. This coolant system drops the 250+degree hot air coming out of the turbos when running at full boost and drops it down to near ambient temps. It has to stay separate since engine coolant sticks around 200ish at all times so wouldn't do much good to try to use for the intercoolers. This system is comprised of two radiators (First thing you see looking through your grill is the main intercooler radiator), two water pumps, two intercoolers, expansion tank, and lots o' tubing. Only way to truly drain it all is to pull one of the lower lines on the intercooler radiator.

Sent you link so you can access all the instructions on how to do. Running filtered water is ok for now but you def want to get the proper mix of coolant in there as soon as possible. Make sure to bleed the system too as per the instructions above, a intercooler not doing in job can wreck your engine if the engine comp doesn't pull timing in time.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 01:33 PM   #7
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Problem solved thanks to good forum member.. if anyone needs a run threw on how I did it dm me it's a very simple job with the right tools and knowledge.. thanks again redneck
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 04:25 PM   #8
slow_roll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M

Quote:
Problem solved thanks to hood forum member.. if anyone needs a run threw on how I did it dm me it's a very simple job with the right tools and knowledge.. thanks again redneck
Did you just called Sophisticated Redneck a "hood forum" member?
Appreciate 1
9vapors651.50
      08-28-2022, 08:50 PM   #9
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Lol hear we go lol you guys sure could catch the smallest mistake lol so smart
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 09:38 AM   #10
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Just an FYI since it is common to think that BMW coolant should always be blue since it was this way for a long time. But now, BMW does use different colored coolant...BMW coolant can be green or magenta, too...so don't be shocked if you see some of the colors listed in the info below:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 3
      08-30-2022, 12:01 PM   #11
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the info silver.. I did speak to few forum members that did say there turbo coolant was different color and as to why it was different they either didn't know or they actually changed there coolant to different brand.. so in my case I just wanted to be sure of what was in both of my systems so went ahead and didn't the service with a 50/50 mix bmw coolant / distilled water and called it a day..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 08:40 PM   #12
Joshua27
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Turbo's themselves are cooled by engine coolant, if you look close each Turbo has two coolant lines going into them, these come direct from the engine coolant supply.

The intercoolers have their own coolant system and that is what the small coolant tank is for. This coolant system drops the 250+degree hot air coming out of the turbos when running at full boost and drops it down to near ambient temps. It has to stay separate since engine coolant sticks around 200ish at all times so wouldn't do much good to try to use for the intercoolers. This system is comprised of two radiators (First thing you see looking through your grill is the main intercooler radiator), two water pumps, two intercoolers, expansion tank, and lots o' tubing. Only way to truly drain it all is to pull one of the lower lines on the intercooler radiator.

Sent you link so you can access all the instructions on how to do. Running filtered water is ok for now but you def want to get the proper mix of coolant in there as soon as possible. Make sure to bleed the system too as per the instructions above, a intercooler not doing in job can wreck your engine if the engine comp doesn't pull timing in time.
Could you send me instructions for flushing radiator and intercooler coolant? I’d like to do both systems but can’t find clear instructions.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 07:40 PM   #13
JRock80
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M F85

Sophisticated Redneck - do you mind sharing the instructions link with me as well?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 10:09 AM   #14
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

PM's sent.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 05:48 PM   #15
Terlingua
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW FTW

I love this forum and quality of people here. Qsilver7 thanks.
I just contributed to newtis effort, now looking to build or buy laptop ISTAnnn/xxx/yyy or whatever software to run a laptop and cable. Looking forward to adding F85 to my "forevers" stable of cars I wrench on and track. Had some doubts but quality people and forum suggest F85 is "enthusiast wrenchable".

Below open for edit. Didn't figure out how to keep formatting yet.

Enclosure 1 to SI 17 01 96 (140), edition 02/2019
Pure water is unsuitable as a coolant not just because of the lack of antifreeze properties. Good functioning of the cooling system is only guaranteed once a suitable antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor, or antifreeze for short, has been added.

The cooling systems of BMW vehicles must only be filled with the anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitors approved for the purpose. The filling and maintenance instructions to be found in the Repair Instructions and operating instructions must be observed.

Antifreeze agents must meet the following requirements:

- They must guarantee operability of the cooling system in winter (anti-freezing protection by lowering the freezing point) and in summer (prevent boiling and boiling over of the coolant).
- They must protect metal parts that come into contact with the coolant (grey cast iron, steel, aluminium alloy, brass, copper and solder) against corrosion and cavitation.
- They must be neutral with respect to rubber parts and plastic parts in the coolant circuit.
- They must guarantee the consistency of the above-mentioned quality criteria.
To create these coolant properties, the antifreeze and corrosion inhibitors must be mixed to the correct ratio with water.

Prescribed mixture for coolant:

50 % antifreeze for antifreeze protection up to -40 °C
The original coolant mixture for the initial filling at the factory has this antifreeze-to-water ratio.
If the proportion of antifreeze is less than 40 % to -29 °C (i.e. the water content is higher than 60 %), not only the degree of protection against freezing, but also corrosion protection is reduced. When the water content is too high, this can lead to premature excess temperature in very hot weather or hot climates and as a consequence lead to coolant being ejected out of the system and damage to the engine through excess temperature.
This means that it is essential that an antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor is added even in the tropics.
Too high a concentration, more than 55 % down to -47°C, leads to deterioration of the cooling properties (heat transfer) and protection against freezing-up is modified in the opposite direction, i.e. it also deteriorates.
The amounts of screenwash required for protection against freezing are stated (percentage values) on the containers.

Minimum requirements for water quality:

Appearance: colourless, clear
Sediment, without suspended matter
pH value: 6.5-8.0
Total hardness, max.: 20° dH (German hardness grade) or in new unit of measurement:
Total hardness, max.: 3.6 mmol Ca 2+/ltr.
Chloride content: max. 100 mg/l
Sulphate content: max. 100 mg/l

Tap water with drinking water quality usually fulfils these requirements. Local water utilities can provide information about the quality of the water they supply. If necessary, the water must be treated (e.g. softened) or distilled water must be used.
The quality of regenerated sea water (as found in the Gulf states) is inadequate!

Enclosure 1.1 to SI 17 01 96 (140), edition 06/2020
As of 01/012020 the new BMW coolant specification "BMW Lifetime Coolant xx" or BMW LC-xx" for anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor applies.

All currently available BMW anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitors meet the new specifications.

Trade name Specification
G30-91 Nitrite-free radiator anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor BMW Lifetime Coolant 07 (BMW LC-07)
Nitrite-free radiator anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor BMW Lifetime Coolant 87 (BMW LC-87)
Frostox HT-12 anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor BMW Lifetime Coolant 18 (BMW LC-18)
i3 coolant concentrate BMW Lifetime Coolant 13 (BMW LC-13)
Coolants specifically approved by BMW are allowed to use the claim "BMW Lifetime Coolant xx" or alternatively "BMW LC-xx" as of 01/04/202.

The claim "Approved according to BMW GS 94000" is not allowed to be used any longer after 01/04/2020 (coolant production date).

Enclosure 2 to SI 17 01 96 (140), edition 02/2019
Change interval, coolant change and check

Regular testing of the coolant composition as part of inspections I and II. Due to decreasing corrosion protective effect the change interval of 4 years (3 years for M-power vehicles) has to be maintained. Check the coolant antifreeze concentration before the start of the cold season. It is also necessary to check its composition after having topped up coolant. When adjusting and checking the concentration, a areometer spindle is required (antifreeze tester).

Technical progress has made it possible that coolant changes are not required for the vehicles specified below:

- All CBS vehicles (including M vehicles) as of production date 9/2003
- Service Interval Indicator vehicles:
All Service Interval Indicator vehicles with petrol engines (including M vehicles) as of production date 03/2003
E85 from market introduction
All Service Interval Indicator vehicles with diesel engine as of production date 09/2003
RR4, RR5, RR6 and all other new model start-ups
Disposal

For the disposal of the coolant, the safety data sheets of the manufacturers for antifreeze and corrosion inhibitors or the legal regulations of the individual countries must be observed.

Enclosure 3 of SI 17 01 96 (140), 06/2020

Following coolants are used in vehicles of the BMW Group

Coolant Characteristic: Colour Use in the service BMW coolant specifications
G30-91 Radiator antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor, nitrite-free magenta Sales information
BMW Lifetime Coolant 07

(BMW LC-07)

Nitrite-free radiator anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor blue Sales information
BMW Lifetime Coolant 87

(BMW LC-87)

Frostox HT-12 anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor green Sales information
BMW Lifetime Coolant 18

(BMW LC-18)

i3 coolant concentrate blue Sales information
BMW Lifetime Coolant 13

(BMW LC-13)

Coolant use

Vehicle G30-91 Nitrite-free radiator anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor (BMW LC-07) Radiator anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor, nitrite-free (BMW LC-87) Frostox HT-12 radiator anti-freeze (BMW LC-18) i3 coolant concentrate (BMW LC-13)
MINI R55, R56; diesel engine W16 X
F15, F16, F26, production to 30.06.2018 X
G01, G02, G05, G07, production until 30.06.2018 X
F06, F12, F34, F36, F85, F86, F90, production until 31.07.2018 X
G11, G12, G14, G15, G30, G31, G32, production until 31.07.2018 X
G29, production until 30.11.2018 X
F20, F21, F22, F23, F30, F31, F32, F33, F35, F39, F45, F46, F48, F80, F82, F83, F87, Production until 31.12.2018 X
G20, production until 31.12.2018 X
I01 (coolant circuit for the drive components), I12, I15, production until 31.12.2018 X
RR04, RR5, RR6, RR11, RR12, RR31, production until 31.12.2018 X
F49, F52, production until 31.01.2019 X
G08, G38, production until 31.01.2019 X
F54, F55, F56, production to 31.05.2019 X
F57, F60, production until 31.06.2019 X
F15, F16, F26, production from 01.07.2018 X
G01, G02, G05, G07, production from 01.07.2018 X
F06, F12, F34, F36, F85, F86, F90, production from 01.08.2018 X
G11, G12, G14, G15, G30, G31, G32, production from 01.08.2018 X
G29, production from 01.12.2018 X
F20, F21, F22, F23, F30, F31, F32, F33, F35, F39, F45, F46, F48, F80, F82, F83, F87, Production from 01.01.2019 X
G20, production from 01.01.2019 X
I01 (coolant circuit for the drive components), I12, I15, production from 01.01.2019 X
RR04, RR5, RR6, RR11, RR12, RR31, production from 01.01.2019 X
F49, F52, production from 01.02.2019 X
G08 (ICE & BEV), G38, production from 01/02/2019 X
F54, F55, F56 (ICE & BEV), production from 01/06/2019 X
F57, F60, production from 01.07.2019 X
F40, F44, F91, F92, F93, F95, F96, F97, F98, starting with SOP X
G06, G16, G21, G22, G23, G26 (ICE & BEV), G28, G42, G80, G82, G83 from SOP X
i20 from SOP X
U06 from SOP X
i01 heater circuit X
Other vehicles of the BMW, BMWi, MINI and Rolls-Royce models X

Risk of damage!
Coolants must not be mixed with one another arbitrarily.

In principle, a vehicle has to be filled with the coolant that it was delivered with ex-works.

The coolant may gel and that may lead to engine damage if mixed.

Enclosure 4 to SI 17 01 96 (140), edition 07/2020

With the protection of the environment in mind, BMW has been filling all of its vehicles with nitrite- and amino-free antifreeze and corrosion inhibitors since mid-1986 as standard practice.

The use of antifreeze and corrosion inhibitors that contain nitrites and amines is no longer permissible.

Note:
For an overview about the use of coolant, see technically suitable antifreeze and corrosion inhibitors.

The mixture ratio with water is 1:1. This provides antifreeze protection down to -40°C.

The nitrite-free radiator anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor is blue in colour.

Trade name BMW part number DEU BMW part number worldwide (except for DEU, JPN, CHN, AUS, FIN, NOR, SWE, DNK, FRO) BMW part number JPN BMW part number AUS BMW part number CHN BMW part number FIN, NOR, SWE, DNK, FRO Container size
Nitrite-free radiator anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor 83 19 2 211 191 83 51 2 355 290 83 19 2 211 194 83 19 2 211 913 83 19 2 211 195 83 19 2 211 914 1.5-litre can
Nitrite-free radiator anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor 83 19 2 304 068 83 51 2 355 291 60-litre barrel
Nitrite-free radiator anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor 83 19 2 304 069 83 51 2 355 293 205-litre barrel
Trade name Manufacturer/Supplier
AD Original AD 48 AD Parts, S.L.
AlpineC48 Mitan Mineralöl GmbH
Antifreeze HD G11 K Lukoil Lubricants Europe GmbH
Aral Antifreeze Extra Aral AG
AVIA Antifreeze APN AVIA Mineralöl AG
AWM G11 Tosol-Sintez
BMW Antifreeze BMW AG
Engmans Super Antifreeze and Coolant Unico Manufacturing
Glycostar ST48 Kuttenkeuler GmbH
GLYSANTIN® G48® BASF series introduction
Kuttenkeuler Antifreeze ANF KK48 Kuttenkeuler GmbH
LUKOIL COOLANT PLUS Lukoil Lubricants Europe GmbH
MAINTAIN FRICOFIN Fuchs Europe Schmierstoffe GmbH
Radiocool NF Castrol International
Zerex G48® Valvoline
Valvoline OEM Advanced 48 Valvoline

Enclosure 5 to SI 17 01 96 (140), edition 10/2020
Frostox HT-12 anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor was originally introduced from 03/2018 exclusively in technical campaigns for selected BMW vehicles.

As of 07/2018, some series are factory-filled with Frostox HT-12 from new.

Note:
For an overview about the use of coolant, see technically suitable antifreeze and corrosion inhibitors.

The mixture ratio with water is 1:1. This provides antifreeze protection down to -40°C.

Trade name BMW part number for rest of world BMW part number for USA/Canada Container size Colour
Frostox HT-12 anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor 83 19 2 466 484 5-litre canister green
Frostox HT-12 anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor 83 19 2 468 442 1-gallon canister green
Frostox HT-12 anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitor 83 19 2 468 443 1-gallon canister green

Approved antifreeze and corrosion inhibitors

Trade name Manufacturer
Valvoline HT-12 Coolant Green Valvoline

Enclosure 6 of SI 64 09 96 (154), 06/2020
The lifetime coolant "coolant i3, concentrate" was used for the first time from 09/2013 onwards in the BMW i01 exclusively for the heater circuit.

Risk of mixing up
The silicate free coolant "coolant i3, concentrate" is dyed blue.

Do not use the coolant "coolant i3, concentrate" for the coolant circuits of the electrical machine or the range extender!

Do not use coolant for cooling circuits of the electrical machine or the range extender in the heater circuit!

Do not use other coolants, on account of the risk of flocculation and the associated clogging of the heat exchanger!

Note:

The coolant "coolant i3, concentrate" may be used for all equipment specifications.

Mixture ratio with water is 1:1. This provides antifreeze protection down to -40 °C.

Trade name BMW part number Container size
Coolant i3, concentrate 83 51 2 355 296 1000 ml

====================================
Enclosure 7 to SI 17 01 96 (140), edition 06/2020
Caution!
The lifetime coolant G30-91 Radiator antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor, nitrite-free is absolutely necessary for MINI R56 diesel engines W16. Other coolant additives cause engine damage.

G30-91 Radiator antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor, nitrite-free may not be used in the context of a Technical Campaign for BMW vehicles.

Risk of mixing up
The silicate-free coolant G30-91 Radiator antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor, nitrite-free is identified by a magenta-coloured label.

The G30-91 Radiator antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor, nitrite-free is magenta-coloured.

Note:

Trade name BMW part number DEU BMW part number worldwide (except for DEU, JPN, CHN, AUS, FIN, NOR, SWE, DNK, FRO) Container size
G30-91 Radiator antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor, nitrite-free 83 19 2 211 662 83 51 2 355 294 1.5-litre can
=========================

Enclosure 8 to SI 17 01 96 (140), edition 07.1999
Coolant additives that are, for example, supposed to provide additional corrosion protection or seal against minor leakage are rejected by BMW.

Due to the poor heat transfer from the cylinder head to the coolant there can be heat accumulation and hot spots, which in turn can lead to cylinder head gaskets blowing out or the cylinder head tearing.

We will have to reject warranty claims for any consequences and impacts.

Last edited by Terlingua; 11-20-2022 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2023, 11:16 PM   #16
tfunk88
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
PM's sent.
I know this thread is a bit old but I’d definitely appreciate instructions for changing both the engine coolant and intercooler coolant for F15 50i. Thanks in advance!

I think I’ve found the lowest coolant hose to disconnect for the engine coolant, oil cooler behind the bottom of the radiator…but not sure where to drain intercooler lines from.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 02:18 PM   #17
Djhumvee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 50i

Intercooler coolant isn't going to deteriorate like engine coolant, it doesn't get heated up to 200 degrees daily.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 05:35 PM   #18
tfunk88
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Agreed, but I’d still like to change it, it’s about 8 years old and still gets pretty hot being in the engine bay
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 02:09 AM   #19
Djhumvee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 50i

I think you'll just have to pull the lowest line off which is at the bottom of the radiator for the intercoolers.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 08:49 AM   #20
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Make sure to buy a vacuum refill kit or you’ll be kicking yourself in the ass.. JoyFans Coolant Pressure Tester Kit, Cooling System Coolant Vacuum Refill Kit Automotive Tools Works on Radiator Leak Test & Coolant Fill Purge Service for Cars Trucks Airlift https://a.co/d/e6zw3ln
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 10:23 AM   #21
tfunk88
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Ahh, so the electric water pump doesn’t do a good job of bleeding the system with the “ignition on floor the throttle” self bleed procedure?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2023, 09:12 AM   #22
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Nope I didn’t trust it I did that few time and still had air in system then it’d over flow then I’d restart process and fill as it circulated but some how it’d always have air.. once I did with the vacuum it was perfect..
Appreciate 2
tfunk88192.00
Iaro113.50