BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-05-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Allocation/production slot qns

How does it work? Can someone give me step by step flow?

1.Can I submit the credit app on bmwusa.com now or wait till dealer have allocation? Do I need to give deposit at this point?

2. What I should get from dealer at this point in form of writing? some sample contract e.g. what pricing we agreed to?? or official build or screen shot outlining lease estimate with all the fees??

3. When dealer have allocation he get production slot assigned and my custom order get placed? and there is no way to know when dealer will get new allocations??

4. Rate lock is effective from the date when order is placed to max 90 days? so there is no way what RV/MF will be in Jan/feb when allocations are available??

Are the above step correct?

Thanks for your advice!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

1.Can I submit the credit app on bmwusa.com now or wait till dealer have allocation? Do I need to give deposit at this point?

Either one. Now if you want to secure a spot in line at your dealer for when their allocations do come in (assuming they don't already have one they can use for you). But do this through your dealer not the website, and negotiate your deal first. This is what locks the rate. Usually a deposit too, but that depends on the dealer, some won't require it, most do.

2. What I should get from dealer at this point in form of writing? some sample contract e.g. what pricing we agreed to?? or official build or screen shot outlining lease estimate with all the fees??

Usually I get a scanned quote via email, generated from their system by my CA, as well as a receipt for your deposit and copy of the credit application.

3. When dealer have allocation he get production slot assigned and my custom order get placed? and there is no way to know when dealer will get new allocations??

Allocations come out every month, usually first full week I'm told, but they never know exactly how many they'll get (if any in some cases). Once they get it and put your order in, you get a production number to track the car.

4. Rate lock is effective from the date when order is placed to max 90 days? so there is no way what RV/MF will be in Jan/feb when allocations are available??

Lock is effective from date of the credit application and I believe it is good for 60 days not 90. RV/MF can change each month and no-one knows until it's announced. But, if you're locked in to say December's program and your car comes in sometime in January, you get the better of the two programs.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post

Either one. Now if you want to secure a spot in line at your dealer for when their allocations do come in (assuming they don't already have one they can use for you). But do this through your dealer not the website, and negotiate your deal first. This is what locks the rate. Usually a deposit too, but that depends on the dealer, some won't require it, most do.

Usually I get a scanned quote via email, generated from their system by my CA, as well as a receipt for your deposit and copy of the credit application.

Allocations come out every month, usually first full week I'm told, but they never know exactly how many they'll get (if any in some cases). Once they get it and put your order in, you get a production number to track the car.

Lock is effective from date of the credit application and I believe it is good for 60 days not 90. RV/MF can change each month and no-one knows until it's announced. But, if you're locked in to say December's program and your car comes in sometime in January, you get the better of the two programs.
Thank you appreciate it!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

no problem. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

@Chrisny-

Can I chose my car build date? e.g. not specifically, but I want my order to go in March-April allocation.

My understanding was that dealer will put the orders in order bank. Once the allocation is available to that dealer, your order will be picked by BMWNA.

How can I postpone to March-April allication so that build date is of March-April 2014?

Just ask dealer to not put my order till March?

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
MRV99
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP / 2017 RRS SC

Garage List
2017 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiku View Post
@Chrisny-

Can I chose my car build date? e.g. not specifically, but I want my order to go in March-April allocation.

My understanding was that dealer will put the orders in order bank. Once the allocation is available to that dealer, your order will be picked by BMWNA.

How can I postpone to March-April allication so that build date is of March-April 2014?

Just ask dealer to not put my order till March?

Thanks again!
I did this when I purchased my then 2011 X5. The addition of the ComboBox was not going to begin until the October 2011. I started to ordering process in june/july time frame and my lease was up in early August. I simply told them I wanted my car to go into production week X +/- as long as it had the ComboBox. We signed all the required paperwork, locked in all incentives/rates (unless they dropped), placed our deposit and just waited. BMW extended our lease on a month to month basis until the new X5 came in. That simple.

17 M3 ZCP -- 2017 Range Rover Sport SC
--RIP--
12 X5 50i Sport -- 11 M3 DCT -- 2011 X5 50i(Lemon) -- 2008 550 Msport -- 2007 x5 4.8 sport -- 2004 545 sport -- 2002 x5 4.4 sport -- 2001 540i Msport 2000 SL500 -- 1997 SL500
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
I did this when I purchased my then 2011 X5. The addition of the ComboBox was not going to begin until the October 2011. I started to ordering process in june/july time frame and my lease was up in early August. I simply told them I wanted my car to go into production week X +/- as long as it had the ComboBox. We signed all the required paperwork, locked in all incentives/rates (unless they dropped), placed our deposit and just waited. BMW extended our lease on a month to month basis until the new X5 came in. That simple.
Thanks,

I told my CA this morning that I want my order to go in March allocation. I already submitted my credit app and gave my deposit last week. I'm leasing so I guess I will sign all the paperwork when I will take delivery of vehicle.

How do I make sure MF/RV are locked into? They gave me pricing estimate with lease numbers on it which has MF/RV.

Should I ask for some official paper work from BMWFS which has rates and my name on it?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
Predsboro71
Rep
Drives: 2001 X5 / 2005 Z4

Does buying with cash speed this up any ... no credit app, etc. Crazy that I'm seeing we're already hearing March? Heck ... that's 3 more months ... maybe I should just wait on the 2015.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
MRV99
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP / 2017 RRS SC

Garage List
2017 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro71 View Post
Does buying with cash speed this up any ... no credit app, etc. Crazy that I'm seeing we're already hearing March? Heck ... that's 3 more months ... maybe I should just wait on the 2015.
It may Usually your relationship with your dealer can effect this.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #10
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ex-'12 X6M, waiting on ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
It may Usually your relationship with your dealer can effect this.
+1. Paying cash may actually hurt you, since your dealer makes money from marking up the money factor if you lease/finance.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Plus, unless the dealer is really unscrupulous and moves someone's order (new production number for them) they can only provide cars in the order that they take the order - regardless of payment.

Your only hope of getting a car earlier is finding a dealership that has earlier allocation. Not all dealers are equal
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #12
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks,

I told my CA this morning that I want my order to go in March allocation. I already submitted my credit app and gave my deposit last week. I'm leasing so I guess I will sign all the paperwork when I will take delivery of vehicle.

How do I make sure MF/RV are locked into? They gave me pricing estimate with lease numbers on it which has MF/RV.

Should I ask for some official paper work from BMWFS which has rates and my name on it?
FWIW, my dealer told me today I was lucky I got the order in when I did, orders he's taking now are already into March production dates as it is.

The only thing you can really lock down over that long of a time period is the discounted price of the car, not the MF and RV, since BMW sets those and they can't lock you in now for March/April delivery, since it's past the 60 days.. Presumably, it would get better not worse as time goes on. Another factor is additional rebates or promotions that could run by then, but you can't really predict that either just yet.

Worst case, if you lock in the purchase price the lease is based on (MSRP minus x amount of discount), and for some reason the lease rates get worse, you can always walk away and get your deposit back. But with the car just coming out, the rates in March should be better, not worse.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #13
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
FWIW, my dealer told me today I was lucky I got the order in when I did, orders he's taking now are already into March production dates as it is.

The only thing you can really lock down over that long of a time period is the discounted price of the car, not the MF and RV, since BMW sets those and they can't lock you in now for March/April delivery, since it's past the 60 days.. Presumably, it would get better not worse as time goes on. Another factor is additional rebates or promotions that could run by then, but you can't really predict that either just yet.

Worst case, if you lock in the purchase price the lease is based on (MSRP minus x amount of discount), and for some reason the lease rates get worse, you can always walk away and get your deposit back. But with the car just coming out, the rates in March should be better, not worse.
Thanks Chris,

Got the dealerspeed.net confirmation printout from my CA today evening. Requested production week is 6th of 2014, that is week of 2nd Feb. I will change it to March anyway, later build is better hopefully all the bugs are fixed by then; we are hearing about (finger crossed).

Yes, purchase price is locked. I got carprices/edmunds invoice price + maco fee ($560) + $600. The reason I put carprices.com invoice price because dealer invoice price has maco fee ($560) already added.

So at this point, I can't have BMWFS printout or something which shows current MF/RV?? I see that my credit report got hit by BMWFS.

CA did say that I will get better rate of today and when car will be deliver.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #14
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Chris,

Got the dealerspeed.net confirmation printout from my CA today evening. Requested production week is 6th of 2014, that is week of 2nd Feb. I will change it to March anyway, later build is better hopefully all the bugs are fixed by then; we are hearing about (finger crossed).

Yes, purchase price is locked. I got carprices/edmunds invoice price + maco fee ($560) + $600. The reason I put carprices.com invoice price because dealer invoice price has maco fee ($560) already added.

So at this point, I can't have BMWFS printout or something which shows current MF/RV?? I see that my credit report got hit by BMWFS.

CA did say that I will get better rate of today and when car will be deliver.
Sorry, yes you can probably get something from your CA to reflect the lease price based on current rates. Not sure if they would include the money factor in that but probably the residual (which you can then use to back into the MF if they won't print it). I just meant it just wouldn't do you much good if you're not getting the car until the current rates may have changed and your 60 day lock will be expired.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #15
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, yes you can probably get something from your CA to reflect the lease price based on current rates. Not sure if they would include the money factor in that but probably the residual (which you can then use to back into the MF if they won't print it). I just meant it just wouldn't do you much good if you're not getting the car until the current rates may have changed and your 60 day lock will be expired.
Make sense, thanks!
Appreciate 0