06-19-2022, 01:23 AM   #1
AustraliaG20
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i. 2015 F15 M50D.

Question M50D Cabin filter(s) & Engine Air Filter

Hi all,

So, I was quoted $600+ AUD to replace the air filter in the engine, and the 'cabin filters', for the F15 M50D... that seems a bit high. So, I am just going to do it myself but it is proving fairly difficult to figure out what I actually need to buy. It's also surprisingly hard to get some of these parts in Australia. I'm sure it's a fairly quick answer here, so can anyone confirm

- There is one rectangular air filter for the engine, and that's the same for all F15 diesel models? ie. a few websites don't have the M50D listed on the part compatibility (but others do).
- There are two rectangular cabin filters, and these are also compatible across all F15 models - diesel or petrol?
- There is a square rectangular cabin filter, and this is also compatible across all F15 models?

If that's true, then I at least know what to buy! Even with shipping it is looking like a massive discount on the shop price.

Finally, do I need to reset the ECU to say the filters have been replaced?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2022, 03:30 AM   #2
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

For Part lookup, https://www.realoem.com put in your vin or pick model.

I then use https://parts.bmwsydney.com.au/ (Note*. The prices here are the same across all BMW dealers nationally) to get the local price for that part, and compare that against FCP/ECS. Sometimes getting it at BMW locally is cheaper, other times its FCP/ECS.

For the service check not 100% on instructions. Have a quick google. The air/cabin filters do have a service interval and check.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 09:17 AM   #3
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraliaG20 View Post
Hi all,

So, I was quoted $600+ AUD to replace the air filter in the engine, and the 'cabin filters', for the F15 M50D... that seems a bit high. So, I am just going to do it myself but it is proving fairly difficult to figure out what I actually need to buy. It's also surprisingly hard to get some of these parts in Australia. I'm sure it's a fairly quick answer here, so can anyone confirm

- There is one rectangular air filter for the engine, and that's the same for all F15 diesel models? ie. a few websites don't have the M50D listed on the part compatibility (but others do).
- There are two rectangular cabin filters, and these are also compatible across all F15 models - diesel or petrol?
- There is a square rectangular cabin filter, and this is also compatible across all F15 models?

If that's true, then I at least know what to buy! Even with shipping it is looking like a massive discount on the shop price.

Finally, do I need to reset the ECU to say the filters have been replaced?

Thanks in advance!
Search. I made a diy on the filters with links.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0